• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2015 II - Click the Monsters You Monster

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sch1sm

I'm playing HuniePop and watching Orange is the New Black. I've never felt more girly.

Hand in your man card to the front desk.
...what episode are you on? kek.

Hey, I've also thoroughly enjoyed stuff people have gifted me!
I'm just usually too busy to gripe about them then and just do a final "this game was really good, guys" =p

Shoulda tacked on a /s, haha. You're better than most of us, really. I don't think I've touched 2/3rds of my library, let alone near every gift I've gotten. I've been trying to hack away at it, but then I buy more things, and you know how the cycle goes. >>

I enjoyed playing this on the PS2 when I was younger.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (WinterDemons, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Ford Racing 3 -- MB-BD3B4F4121BC1CA6 - Taken by Boss Doggie. 7 entrants total.

t1434957620z1.png

Turfster

Ah yes, ducking by just, you know, crouching isn't good enough.
No, you need to do the special bullshit QTE combo
space+R, really?
!

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?
Is there any other website that does older price histories? isthereanydeal and steamdb don't seem to go back further than 012'.

Shade

Thank you Steam for saving me some money with this error while checking out:

There seems to have been an error initializing or updating your transaction. Please wait a minute and try again or contact support for assistance.

Ah well. Maybe it's a sign I spent enough haha.

Edit: Yay, thank you Steam for allowing me to spend more money temporarily.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Is there a story about this or just coincidence?

Well, Indie Royale was owned by Desura, which got bought by Linden, which then got sold by Linden to Bad Juju, who have since gone bankrupt. I think the story there is that Steam, Humble, and independent sales took an already marginal business with high fixed costs and deprived them of revenue.

For Blink Bundle and Bundle Bandits, I suspect it was increasing difficulty finding games to bundle, fairly low revenues to begin with (mostly they were doing sub-$10,000 revenue bundles, meaning they were making sub-$2500 a bundle), and then costs in time and money to maintain. I guess it was inevitable as increasingly strong competitors like Groupees and Indie Gala took up a lot of the oxygen, along maybe with Humble entering the low-end game space.

That they all happened at the same time would seem to me to be pure coincidence rather than anything structural that happened this month.

GamesRage (a polish bundle that ran a few times) didn't renew their SSL certificate. They're still online, but http:// only. So I would say that's a sign of another one that doesn't have much ongoing business.

I've only heard of IR out of this bunch my whole life.

You probably stick to the brightly lit, clean, above board, Main Street bundles. But if you take a turn down a dark, seedy alley, you can find bundles you didn't even dream existed.

tjcHjke.jpg

Kuroyume

Banned
Is there an official announcement somewhere regarding it (Blink Bundle) dying? The site dies and goes back up online often. As recently as 2-3 weeks ago it went down (with the same blank page) and then went back up a few days late with the familiar announcement of a new bundle coming soon. I mean, it's dead as far as new content and communcation from the owners is concerned, however it's still too early to say the site is completely gone.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Is there an official announcement somewhere regarding it (Blink Bundle) dying? The site dies and goes back up online often. As recently as 2-3 weeks ago it went down (with the same blank page) and then went back up a few days late with the familiar announcement of a new bundle coming soon. I mean, it's dead as far as new content and communcation from the owners is concerned, however it's still too early to say the site is completely gone.

Yeah, could just be a temporary downtime. If it does go back up, though, probably a good reminder that it's time to back up your codes because this kind of downtime is generally a precursor to no one caring anymore

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Bundles have completely killed the indie (the true indie, not the high profile indie like Ori for example) market for me. It's impossible for me not to say "it will be bundled eventually" to 90% of the games that come out. Hell even on sales, the famous last day splurge is dead for me because, again, I can't help but think "meh this will all just be bundled soon", especially with my ridiculous backlog.

And for someone that buys pretty much every bundle, it's quite annoying when you already own half of a bundle for example (and quite the thrill in the rare cases you don't own any of the games)

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
We posting butt pics now? Underage but pics no less. Dat community downgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom