• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2015 II - Click the Monsters You Monster

Status
Not open for further replies.

trolho

Neo Member
Bought Orange Box and it said i would get an extra Portal.

For some reason it's says here I won't get an extra copy of portal:

If purchasing for yourself, you will not receive an extra copy of:
Portal
If purchasing for yourself, you will receive an extra, giftable copy of:
Half-Life 2

I can't find a way to have every Half-Life game without having something repeated lol

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
that new Batman voucher on GMG puts the premium edition actually much lower than the VIP price. for the standard edition its the same

JustLynx

where do you even get the horse armor? or is it already on Roach? i never paid attention

The blinders, saddle and the backpack that you put on him is the armor and you can buy it from different merchants,
as an example, the Tamerian armor set can be bought from the first merchant in White Orchard

that new Batman voucher on GMG puts the premium edition actually much lower than the VIP price. for the standard edition its the same

yeah...the VIP price for the Premium Edition is $70 but if you just buy the "normal" Premium Edition and use the 40% off voucher it's $54

A second pair of horse armor no less. First DLC pack with the Temerian set came with horse stuff too.

edit:b10

actually that'll be the 3rd DLC Armor Set for Geralt & Roach (Temerian, Nilfgaardian, and now Skellige)...there was also an "Elite" Crossbow Set DLC released (3 or 4 different crossbows sold by different merchants)

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
Also my last refund says I got the money for it but I never got it.

I've checked like once a day the last 8 days but no money.

SteamDB's system picks up on things like community hub names and additions to Steam's master list of apps with store page info, and occasionally an app is accidentally made partially public (e.g. Dead Rising 3).
Holy smokes. That list is ginormous! Thanks for the info!

Just scrolling throuh I saw Codename: Gordon. I remember when it was new and everyone was hyped to see new enemy types. You can own it for free by entering steam://install/92 in your browser!

zkylon

zkylewd
so all of those witcha dlc are like things you instantly have or they just put them somewhere on the map or something?

i hate how dlc breaks the game balance by giving you like 10 thousand potatodollars right away or just like in witcha 2 you started with super strong swords or whatever

at least dark souls 2 was kind enough to give you really useless preorder weapons lol

Parsnip

so all of those witcha dlc are like things you instantly have or they just put them somewhere on the map or something?

i hate how dlc breaks the game balance by giving you like 10 thousand potatodollars right away or just like in witcha 2 you started with super strong swords or whatever

at least dark souls 2 was kind enough to give you really useless preorder weapons lol

On W3 you buy them from merchants, and can't wear them if you aren't high enough level.
Except for the horse armor since your horse doesn't level up. :p

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
LowSpecGamer: running the Witcher 3 under the minimum specs. The first attempt

gBTqsf1.jpg

Rafy

Am I the only one with very slow download speeds during the batman pre-load? I tried another game and did way better.

zkylon

zkylewd
On W3 you buy them from merchants, and can't wear them if you aren't high enough level.
Except for the horse armor since your horse doesn't level up. :p
ah that's pretty good, i'm glad

i think it was in like sleepy dogs that i just booted up the game and was like rich already lol

that was super annoying

i considered trying that out but probably not a great idea haha

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
So I have a dilemma about what to buy.

dead rising 3 vs. batman knight from GMG vs. killing floor 2 vs. the fuck do I know I just want to buy something.

Locust

what jumps out at me from the UE is how smooth it looks (not the graphics)... is it 60fps?

gah :/ hmm just curious - what other games have they made pre-order DLC exclusive?
Exclusive Capcom preorder DLC has generally been just soundtracks or shitty artbooks, not game content. DmC also had a costume pack for preorders and it's available separately now.

pahamrick

So Microsoft is backtracking on the free copy of Windows 10 for anyone who installs the preview version. I'd like to be surprised, but I'm really not.

Sch1sm

So no CoD game has even japanese texts on Steam?

Not a single one has it as a listed, supported language. Not even the recent ones (Advanced Warfare, Black Ops II, Modern Warfare 3).

So Microsoft is backtracking on the free copy of Windows 10 for anyone who installs the preview version. I'd like to be surprised, but I'm really not.

Bugger. I have a computer that's still running XP in my house and I hoped. Well. Thanks Microsoft.

E: Oh, good to know, Knurek.

Knurek

Correction: They are removing any official authorization from the offer.
Meaning: People/hobbyist will get the OS, companies will have to pay for upgrade.

pahamrick

Meaning: People/hobbyist will get the OS, companies will have to pay for upgrade.

Really? Awesome news, I installed the preview soon as the original word went out. I wish some of these tech sites would better explain that, then. The one I was reading was all up in arms about the backtracking (KitGuru).

zkylon

zkylewd

oh then back to loving microsoft for me hehe

i'm not sure if i qualify as people, but i sure am a hobbyist..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom