• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2015 II - Click the Monsters You Monster

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jazz573

While I really liked Sony's conference, I'm still kind of sad for their ignorance of this guy:

4Gc2Rgx.jpg

Tizoc

While I really liked Sony's conference, I'm still kind of sad for their ignorance of this guy:

4Gc2Rgx.jpg

Valve ignored PC gaming too :V

There are already over half a dozen games coming to Vita, 3rd party yes but look at this way-
People dislike that Wii U doesn't have 3rd party games
People dislike Sony's lack of 1st party games
People are still waiting for Valve's 1st party games that isn't a Dota/TF2 expansion thing

didamangi

Yes, thankfully.

It could be a situation like Skulls of the Shogun or Spartan Assault. Where Microsoft tries to push their store with an exclusive, then eventually transitions to Steam.

Let's be honest, there is no way that the Windows store will have the long tail sales that Steam titles are capable of. Right now, there are tens of millions of people combing the front page of Steam every day for sales. I doubt Microsoft will see even a percentage of that traffic on their store.

Well the free Win 10 upgrade will certainly help. I can see it gain traction if they play their cards right with the store, but honestly, it sucks that the GFWL circle might begin again. Hope for the best, prepare for the worst I guess.

Nabs

Yes, thankfully.

It could be a situation like Skulls of the Shogun or Spartan Assault. Where Microsoft tries to push their store with an exclusive, then eventually transitions to Steam.

And Ilomilo. That game would have done well on Steam.

Let's be honest, there is no way that the Windows store will have the long tail sales that Steam titles are capable of. Right now, there are tens of millions of people combing the front page of Steam every day for sales. I doubt Microsoft will see even a percentage of that traffic on their store.

Gears of War has the market power, but I imagine Gigantic will be DOA.

It'll be interesting to see how they handle sales on PC. If games are truly crossplatform, I don't expect massive PC sales. They'd have to line up with the X1 prices, since people could just buy them on PC and play them on their consoles.

I guess we'll see what happens.

I'm actually pleased with this sale so far. There seems to be a wider array of games on sale, which is nice to see.

I don't think I've picked anything MAJOR up, just a bunch of indies and cheap stuff. It's just nice to see some non-AAA games get featured.

This is me exactly. The last 2 have been pretty lackluster and seemed like promotional soapboxes for the big wows out of the -% off AAA explosion.

This one has less of a feel of being curated vs. having a selection of games that were considered. I don't even mind the metagame, even if it hasn't grabbed my interest in any real way.

the Vita is a terrific remote play machine, along with a good PSP and PSX machine. Also, it's easily the best thing to play indies on outside of the PC.

It's just a really bad machine if what you're looking for is AAA games anymore because that died with Killzone Mercenary and Tearaway.

madjoki

What the hell is going on with the Lost Planet 2 sale, it's been going on and off sale seemingly at random.

The sale was listed on sunday as running through the 22nd for 60% off on lost planet 2. But since sunday night it has been sitting at full price.

I managed to snag it but it's hard to convince anyone to buy it at full price and I wanna play co-op!!!

Probably accidentally discounted, it has been abandoned like Lost Planet 1 Extended and Re ORC due to GFWL and not removing, thus no discounts.

Still salty on nobody telling me about discount

fallout

Fair enough. The solution that makes the most sense or is the most fair to everyone isn't always the right course of action, especially when you're dealing with millions of users.
That's absolutely true and it's something I've struggled with a lot in my own professional work. Balancing the subjective user experience and the impact it has on a few people with the objective data you're working with can be really tough. I'd certainly agree that Valve seems to take the pure analytical approach a little too often.

My PS4 is more dusty than my Vita.

In fact if you have a dusty vita, you're an idiot: Buy a Vita pouch you slatterns!

Only a pouch? Pfft.

I have several accessories just for it, and a pouch! Vita <3
It's just a really bad machine if what you're looking for is AAA games anymore because that died with Killzone Mercenary and Tearaway.
It has my niche games like Ys, SRW and future Kiseki titles. I mainly bought it for the japanese games, but the lack of localizations is a huge barrier.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
So uh... if I install that autoclicker script, I simply just start the game and let it idle?

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
As a kindness to Sony for not spending enough money to keep Shenmue off PC, I'll refrain from my usual jabs at the Vita for the entire duration of the Shenmue kickstarter.

If you see me disparage the Vita during this month-long period, feel free to message a mod with this post and ask them to rectify the situation as they see fit.

Having said that, speaking in absolute facts about the Vita is still allowed, so I can rightfully say that Valave and Microsoft showed more cooperation and support for one another this E3 than Sony did for the Vita.

ExoSoul

Banned
I'll say again. Guys, get Elite: Dangerous!!!

Believe me, I wish I could.

On another note:
I may have to be away for a while guys, I'm starting to get really sick again.
Don't do nothing bad while your Soul is away &#8834;&#8226;&#8835;_&#8834;&#8226;&#8835;

Edit: I just realised how this may sound. I'm not fishing for a free copy xD

Sch1sm

I hope everybody gets Astebreed when the deal goes up.

"Climb into the pilot's seat of an otherworldly war machine and take down a genocidal alien race bent on eradicating humanity to preserve their own civilization." Does it play like a movie, because the desc sounds like a trailer. Hah. It's only 5.09CAD now, so with steeper discount, I feel obligated to try.

i will say without shame that Gone Home freaked me out

it was a dark and stormy night as I played a game with a Dark and stormy night

Was it just the concept of everyone being missing, or was there a scare that freaked you out? I want to know what I'm setting myself up for when I buy everything in my cart.

is it just me or did Steam remove the option to sort your friends by date of friendship

Yeah, that's dead and gone.

I suspect it's already happening. #IDARB was supposed to come to Steam, but now it's looking like a Windows 10 launch title. They are also advertising cross-platform multiplayer. I think that's a quick way to kill indie games on PC.

I'm just thankful we got Ori before the release of Windows 10.

They won't make much money if they just throw it on Win 10 after making it a game with gold deal this past February and March, I don't think. There may just be hope.

Tizoc

the Vita is a terrific remote play machine, along with a good PSP and PSX machine. Also, it's easily the best thing to play indies on outside of the PC.

AAA games are overrated; if a system/platform has games you like then that's more than an enough reason to keep it and play on it.
I'm more hype for Rare Replay than I am for Halo 5 and I don't even have a Bone.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
Probably accidentally discounted, it has been abandoned like Lost Planet 1 Extended and Re ORC due to GFWL and not removing, thus no discounts.

Still salty on nobody telling me about discount

I managed to snag it sunday for 8 bucks, but you know LP2 is only fun with 3 other people so I was hoping the sale would be around so I could actually convince people to play.

It's a shame.

The GFWL stuff still works though , I played a bit with some randoms last night.

Tizoc

crap, didn't know arkham knight comes out the same day as dmc4se, guess I'm going to try blast through AK first

What the...
I plan on playing Arkham Knight first.

Will put some time into D4 once I get around to finishing 1886 so I can trade it off.

Nabs

Soo, is there a list of games that support natively the Dualshock 4 ?

New Ubisoft Games are the only ones with impressive DS4 support. They come with full touchpad support and button prompts. There are a bunch of indie games that recognize the DS4 or let you swap out the button prompts (Shovel Knight, Transistor, Retro City Rampage, CSD...). I don't know if there's a list out there but there probably is.

It's recommended to just use DS4Windows/InputMapper instead so your computer thinks for optimal support. It's best to just mimic an Xinput controller for most games out there.

New Ubisoft Games are the only ones with impressive DS4 support. They come with full touchpad support and button prompts. There are a bunch of indie games that recognize the DS4 or let you swap out the button prompts (Shovel Knight, Transistor, Retro City Rampage, CSD...). I don't know if there's a list out there but there probably is.

It's recommended to just use DS4Windows/InputMapper instead so your computer thinks for optimal support. It's best to just mimic an Xinput controller for most games out there.

Thanks dude, so Ubisoft games, and indies , got it .

I am not sure what is going on with this clicker game right now. It's been 10 minutes and we're at level 630. Everything is dying in 3 seconds. It feels really wrong.

ExoSoul

Banned
Are we gonna skip a monster deal to one with 3-4 unlocked max?! The unlock page says that the supposedly today's deals will end in 4x minutes

BruteUA

Oh good, Strider is going to be a Monster Game deal tomorrow. I know we have at least one huge fan of that game among us. I bet he's real excited.

fallout

it was the atmosphere, i think.
I had no real knowledge of what Gone Home was about when I bought it. I knew it was made by FullBright and that was about it. Playing in the dark with headphones on, I kept expecting something terrifying to happen. It made for a surprisingly spooky experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom