• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2015 II - Click the Monsters You Monster

Status
Not open for further replies.

Asgaro

borderlands bundle?

more like boring-lands bundle

WALA5Qx.gif

I completed BL1 solo. Took me 44h. Actually enjoyed it and don't understand the complaints. Have yet to get into BL2.

Eila

Any idea what are the 14 steam keys Bundlestars are giving whenever you spend $8 in their store? Well, you get one at random, apparently. But I have almost all their bundles.

Asgaro

Rocksteady being like...

9WqYPtA.gif
(*)

* I know the PC version is handled by an external company.
But that still means there is some disappointingly bad management at Rocksteady.
Either they didn't have the time to do PC themselves (mismanagement + the fact the PC port contractor only had 2 months) or they simply didn't give a fuck.
Both are bad.

Nvidia looks pretty bad here too. Granted you get witcher and batman but still. "Try out your new GPU with a poor port!"

You can hardly blame Nvidia for this shitshow.

Although I suppose in hindsight it is rather telling that Andy didn't do one of his performance guides for this game.

Anteater

AK is playable on my end with a 760gtx 2gig vram on low textures but it looks like ass.

There seems to be some memory leak or something too where the performance degraded over time on my end after playing for 40mins, was getting 30fps and then it was just hovering around 27-28fps after a while, restarted the game and it was running at 30fps again.

Playing over family sharing.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
I actually have been having a bit of fun with Borderlands 2 recently playing with a group who's taking it light-hearted.

I am so bi-polar on the Borderlands franchise, between finding them dull to actually fairly enjoyable.

Salsa

25-30fps with constant micro stuttering :

SDcpPUH.jpg

60fps constantly without any dips :

7OvUclj.jpg

yeah I'll take that Origins slight fog back plz

no option to remove the Knight film grain btw

I'm actually impressed that such small teams are able to bring out ports of that quality - no snark. Besides FPS-cap and being a bit too unreasonable taxing, it functions well.

Makes me only more eager (and angry) for some older games to get ported.
So I was googling to see if there was if the people from WB said anything about this whole Arkham Knight PC port, beside their little PR message (which didn't even include an apology, showed how much they cared). Clicked on a Polygon article.

OH MY GOD...
You're famous now. Famous! Congrats!
Shitty PR answer. It's trying to make a walled garden for maximizing profits. That's it. Nothing wrong with them trying but I hate PR drivel like that.
We’ll have some exclusive games...
At least this one makes me believe there won't be that many "home exclusives".
Giveaway #16: Metro 2033 Redux
Nice! Urgh, would like to know what the other games are still left. Send me a PM yo!

wilflare

question on Steam and those "Follow" buttons
- is there a single page where we can see what we followed and... manage?

--
too many tabs on Chrome :/
if only there's an extension that manages the memory :/

wilflare

okay guys... help me here pls..

I'm trying to play DmC (yes....)
is there a way to lock 1080p60? I'm getting random dips :/

and for those using GeDoSaTo
- do the settings in GeDoSaTo override those of the nVidia control panel?
- GeDoSaTo's default is AA disabled (and only offer SMAA or FXAA)... I would prefer nVidia's MSAA if I can :/

reposting :X

and I'll probably need to find out about SSAO and all that jazz ><

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
question on Steam and those "Follow" buttons
- is there a single page where we can see what we followed and... manage?

--
too many tabs on Chrome :/
if only there's an extension that manages the memory :/

Great Suspender works to help reduce the problems that comes from Chrome and each tab running as it's own memory drain.

I dont know how I feel about Payday 2. Its really fun for the most part but I can see myself getting sick of it further down the road. The AI can be super dumb sometimes but I guess that is kinda offset by how bullet spongy the enemies. Also it sucks that it doesnt give you an opportunity to rejoin a match after being dc'ed. My internet has been pretty spotty lately and it went out on the last day of a pretty big heist. So basically I wasted an hour and half for nothing. I also think it's dumb how weapon mods are pretty much random drops It also sucked that I bought the GOTY version and I still missed out on a bunch of dlc. Oh well, at least I got it on sale. Maybe its because Im just joining pubs rather than playing with people on my friends list. Still super fun though, there's no better feeling than finishing a heist. Im sure succesfully sneaking through one is great too. It's also great how they fully support the community with free dlc now and again

If anyone wants to friend me, my steam name is the same as my gaf name!

wilflare

If vsync is on it'll keep it at 60 unless you have one of those fancy screens. Can't help you with the rest I don't use geodatsao

thanks! I'm thinking maybe I should retire GeDoSaTo and try to figure out nVidia Inspector...
man I thought I wouldn't have to deal with all things setting(kung)fu :/ but guess not

Great Suspender works to help reduce the problems that comes from Chrome and each tab running as it's own memory drain.

thanks man! - do you use it personally? I have too many tabs open :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom