• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2015 II - Click the Monsters You Monster

Status
Not open for further replies.

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?
If WB ends up following in the footsteps of Ubisoft and cancelling the Season Pass, that could be just what I need to convince WB to cough up a Steam key for Arkham Asylum vanilla.

and if that doesn't work, there's always kidnapping pets

Shadownet

Banned
If WB ends up following in the footsteps of Ubisoft and cancelling the Season Pass, that could be just what I need to convince WB to cough up a Steam key for Arkham Asylum vanilla.

i love that you always try to find a silver lining in everything.

Dsyndrome

How's it work for when you got your season pass from an outside retailer like Nuuvem? Just provide proof of purchase? Edit: Regarding getting compensated for when that shite goes free and you bought it.

tmarg

They won't, because the game runs fine on consoles. I guess maybe they could just give the season pass out specifically to PC players as some sort of apology, but I wouldn't count on it.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
How's it work for when you got your season pass from an outside retailer like Nuuvem? Just provide proof of purchase?

I presume a site would be set up that analyses your Steam profile to determine whether or not you own the Season Pass. Similar to how key distribution has been handled for some "Vote for this game/join our group and receive a free key when greenlit!" campaigns.

They won't, because the game runs fine on consoles. I guess maybe they could just give the season pass out specifically to PC players as some sort of apology, but I wouldn't count on it.

Yeah, I didn't mean cancelled entirely, just on the PC. I agree it's unlikely, though.

I never thought a Rocksteady Batman would manage to be worse than Arkham Origins. Not even in the darkest timeline was such a thing possible.

How wrong I was.

Salsa

low texture looks pretty ass in batman

RIP my 2gig 760gtx

it's beyond ridiculous that the game "requires" 3gb VRAM minimum for "Normal" textures (which is the higher setting anyway)

I mean if the game's low textures looked like other games' normal ones i'd at least understand, but I can handle High textures on almost all games (including GTAV) yet I need 2gig MINIMUM for these dog-shit looking ones

this is on normal btw:

2nAA8gB.jpg

can't even handle that with my vram apparently

I remember when people said 2GB was more than enough this gen.

it absolutely is when you're not a shit dev. I already played current-gen games with high textures

taking this as the example going forward is wrong

my textures on the fucking witcher 3 are on ULTRA and I can get 45fps on average if I unlock it. This is 25-30fps and I have to set them to low

Salsa

PRobably they will offer MKX as compensation :D

a shit on a turd, nice

still can't believe they're straight up saying people with a GTX660 need to play this with everything on low, off, AT 720p, just to barely reach 30fps and still expect framerate dips during batmobile / gliding and streaming / pop in issues as something NORMAL and intended

I mean yes there are worse ports out there but this shit is next level in terms of how they're "handling it"

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
low texture looks pretty ass in batman

RIP my 2gig 760gtx

I finally got around to selling my 2GB 670s. One I sold on eBay for $135 + $20 shipping only to find out the hard way that eBay now has a ridiculous set of criteria in place for the instant receiving of PayPal payments (must have sold an item in the last 90 days + the total value of sold items must be at least $250 + a feedback score of... something), so I'm not scheduled to receive the money until three weeks after the sale date, and to add insult to injury, eBay allowed the buyer to skirt the postage price I'd set. The second card I just sold locally for $100 cash.

I'm never selling on eBay again.

tmarg

PRobably they will offer MKX as compensation :D

MKX would be a terrible mea culpa offering. A game in a completely different, niche genre, with plenty of it's own technical problems, and which a significant portion of the recipients would find disgusting.

I don't even know what WB could possibly have to offer, if it came down to that. Mordor, possibly, but considering how cheap that has gotten by now it wouldn't be particularly meaningful.

Buraindo

I never thought a Rocksteady Batman would manage to be worse than Arkham Origins. Not even in the darkest timeline was such a thing possible.

How wrong I was.

All these Community references are making me happy to be part of SteamGAF.

Back on topic, I'm genuinely wondering what happened to these guys. Feels like WB are working hard to get that Ubisoft/EA fame.
Guess Jim Sterling was right.

MKX would be a terrible mea culpa offering. A game in a completely different, niche genre, with plenty of it's own technical problems, and which a significant portion of the recipients would find disgusting.

I don't even know what WB could possibly have to offer, if it came down to that. Mordor, possibly, but considering how cheap that has gotten by now it wouldn't be particularly meaningful.

WB will offer nothing because nothing is wrong, no sir. Everything is working as intended, you sillybillies just misread the PC requirements. When it says recommended, it actually means console target. When it says minimum, it means below minimum. When it doesn't list anything, it means recommended spec. See! Everything is just fine.

Now move along and stop making a scene. Some people are trying to sell a video game here.

BHK3

Banned
Man FFXIII stutters like hell, 30-60 all over the place, I really thought this gedasto thing would fix all it's issues but it didn't, I can't imagine the game without this tool. It even stutters on the intro cutscene, how? My settings are all low, the game looks pretty garbo and it stutters...wtf...

Man FFXIII stutters like hell, 30-60 all over the place, I really thought this gedasto thing would fix all it's issues but it didn't, I can't imagine the game with this tool. It even stutters on the intro cutscene, how? My settings are all low, the game looks pretty garbo and it stutters...wtf...

It's a bad port, you can't fix the framerate.

Man FFXIII stutters like hell, 30-60 all over the place, I really thought this gedasto thing would fix all it's issues but it didn't, I can't imagine the game with this tool. It even stutters on the intro cutscene, how? My settings are all low, the game looks pretty garbo and it stutters...wtf...

If you turn off the HUD you can gain 50% more performance. Why? Because... japanese quality port work1

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
You just don't do this with one of the biggest games of the year. This is how you enter the hall of infamy.

Salsa

btw, remember Warner made High Voltage do the PC port of MKX and now after the outcry they put fucking QLOC on it to FIX IT

you know, QLOC, the guys that did DmC for PC aka one of the best fucking PC ports made in the last 10 years that can literally run at 120fps on a toaster

kTda9qS.png

they had supposedly learnt yet they immediatly fucked up again

Dr Dogg

Salsa stop banging on about what the texture settings are called. You're getting caught up on names just like people get caught up on 'Ultra' settings. At the highest setting they can creep up to 5gb of VRAM at 1920x1080, no idea how much of that is being cached but when the baseline is a console with 6gb of shared RAM and the developer supposedly in charge of the PC release has fuck all experience of delivering a game on a scalable platform who knows what range of assets they got. Did they just get what was the console set or the full fat master textures and had to scale down from there? Did they get a range of scalable textures sent to them from Rocksteady or where they to adjust them down themselves? Do they even employ someone with the ability to undertake that mammoth job?

I wonder if is possible taking back AO and missing stuff in a decent time, now.
Anyway, great idea outsource your biggest release to a small dev team totally avoiding QA. I wonder how WB managed to put this on sell.

Go check out the branches on the DB page

https://steamdb.info/app/208650/depots/

Sure has a lot of branches, and most with explicit names of which QA dept each particular built went to.

Salsa

Salsa stop banging on about what the texture settings are called. You're getting caught up on names just like people get caught up on 'Ultra' settings. At the highest setting they can creep up to 5gb of VRAM at 1920x1080, no idea how much of that is being cached but when the baseline is a console with 6gb of shared RAM and the developer supposedly in charge of the PC release has fuck all experience of delivering a game on a scalable platform who knows what range of assets they got. Did they just get what was the console set or the full fat master textures and had to scale down from there? Did they get a range of scalable textures sent to them from Rocksteady or where they to adjust them down themselves? Do they even employ someone with the ability to undertake that mammoth job?

don't care about the names, but their low is low, and is equally low as other games where I don't have to get em to that point, or worse

BHK3

Banned
It's a bad port, you can't fix the framerate.
Seems like no matter what option I put the framerates the same, only drops if I do max shadows...I can't seem to even fucking play this game on any system. I got it for free during a buy 2 get 1 free preowned thing from gamestop for ps3 and the game kept freezing past the first fight and they wouldn't swap me a working copy...
If you turn off the HUD you can gain 50% more performance. Why? Because... japanese quality port work1

But muh hud...

Amazing, you need 3GB on an AMD card just to run the game at 720p with every setting set to off or the bare minimum. These 12 people that handled the port, they had no experience with computers did they? Just 12 random people off the street?

Salsa

Amazing, you need 3GB on an AMD card just to run the game at 720p with every setting set to off or the bare minimum. These 12 people that handled the port, they had no experience with computers did thry? Just 12 random people off the street?

2611779-7911097495-i05zL.gif

I just wonder why Arkham Knight even uses so much for normal RAM? I mean 6GB seems a bit too much.

cause it's a terrible fucking port? part of doing a good job is making that shit scalable

Salsa

DMC4 runs @300 fps on a toaster and looks 5 times better.

MT Framework is cheating. capcom got their shit together there from the get go and PC porting was smooth and easy

QLOC actually did some hardcore work. DmC was Unreal

what else is Unreal? Arkham Knight! lel

See, when you have live update running on a thread all day and you don't make new GAF tabs, you miss things. Like winning Alone in the Dark. That was a pleasant surprise. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom