• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2015 II - Click the Monsters You Monster

Status
Not open for further replies.

Erheller

I dont know how I feel about Payday 2. Its really fun for the most part but I can see myself getting sick of it further down the road. The AI can be super dumb sometimes but I guess that is kinda offset by how bullet spongy the enemies. Also it sucks that it doesnt give you an opportunity to rejoin a match after being dc'ed. My internet has been pretty spotty lately and it went out on the last day of a pretty big heist. So basically I wasted an hour and half for nothing. I also think it's dumb how weapon mods are pretty much random drops It also sucked that I bought the GOTY version and I still missed out on a bunch of dlc. Oh well, at least I got it on sale. Maybe its because Im just joining pubs rather than playing with people on my friends list. Still super fun though, there's no better feeling than finishing a heist. Im sure succesfully sneaking through one is great too. It's also great how they fully support the community with free dlc now and again

If anyone wants to friend me, my steam name is the same as my gaf name!

I absolutely hate the unlock system in that game. It's easily the worst I've seen in any online game that has progression, barring pay-to-win games. Also, coordinating 4 random people is almost impossible, so it's best played with friends.

That being said, some of the missions can be really fun. I have some great memories of that game. Running for the escape van after a botched heist. Spending an hour in cookoff fighting cops and suddenly getting the lab blown up because Bain can't remember how to cook meth. Getting caught in Shadow Raid and timing ECM jammers to get that last bag of loot out.

It's a fun game. I've stopped playing it, though. Maybe in the future I'll pick it up again.

Went to the Groupees page and saw 9 notifications waiting for me, more +1s woohoo!

None of them were steam keys, just build updates and icho.io keys. :(

Khronico

i have the original, but i haven't touched it.

it's unoptimized, yeah?

Original is, yes. I could run Last Light really well but struggled maxing out 2033. Redux apparently uses the same engine as Last Light while also polishing up the combat and other things.

iosefe

Morning guys

Is AK fixed yet? :)

pfft

nmrzEa5.jpg

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=169554413&postcount=4473

Shadownet

Banned
My birthday is not for a short while. But I can't wait till then to give back something to you guys, so here it is.

I'm doing 23 giveaways. There are only 5 rules.
1. Please only enter for games you don't have.
2. Once you win something, you are no longer eligible to win any other giveaways. So think about and make sure that it is the game you want. Maybe the next one might be better.
3. I reserve the right to take off any name that was entered if I find out you're a lurker or whatever.
4. Each giveaway will most likely be either 24 hours or until people stop entering. Whatever happen first. I will give a warning post before I close up the giveaway.
5. Don't wish me Happy Birthday yet. If you do, I will send ninjas and spiders after you.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please quote to reveal the link, input your name and good luck!

Giveaway #17: HuniePop <3 (for the lewdest of GAF)

Jawmuncher

We didn't get a massive up tick in posters this sale like we did awhile back. Then again winter sale is always the bigger deal.

Salsa

http://community.wbgames.com/t5/Sup...formance-PLEASE-READ-FIRST/m-p/572903#U572903

Recommended Hardware Specs
(or equivalent)
Resolution: 1920x1080
V-Sync: On
Anti-Aliasing: On
Texture Resolution: Normal
Shadow Quality: Normal
Level of Detail: Normal
Interactive Smoke/Fog: Off
Interactive Paper Debris: Off
Enhanced Rain: Off
Enhanced Light Shafts: Off

Expected: 30fps (capped)

The Recommended Spec is intended to deliver an experience on par with the current generation of gaming platforms.

For an optimal experience, users with recommended spec hardware should not set their resolution higher than 1080p.

By default, the game may set Shadow Quality and Level of Detail to High on Recommended Spec hardware. Users should revert these to Normal.

straight up admitting they never targeted / intend for 60fps

on a PC game

in 2015

Salsa

also on minimum requirements:

Minimum Hardware Specs
(or equivalent)
Resolution: 1280x720
V-Sync: Off
Anti-Aliasing: Off
Texture Resolution: Low
Shadow Quality: Low
Level of Detail: Low
Interactive Smoke/Fog: Off
Interactive Paper Debris: Off
Enhanced Rain: Off
Enhanced Light Shafts: Off

Expected: 30fps (capped)

It is incredibly important that users with a min spec video card with 2 GB of dedicated VRAM (or 3 GB on AMD) to keep the Texture Resolution set to Low. Increasing this to Normal will cause significant performance issues.

By default, the game may set the user&#8217;s monitor to the maximum output offered. Users should reset to 720p on min spec hardware.

min req = 720p

and no matter the reqs both get these:

With these settings on Min Spec AMD GPU&#8217;s, users can expect some minor texture pops, occasional loading symbols during fast-paced scenarios, and some hitches & stuttering when gliding or driving the Batmobile.

With these settings on Rec Spec AMD GPUs, users can expect some minor texture pops, occasional loading symbols during fast-paced scenarios, and some hitches & stuttering when gliding or driving the Batmobile. To help alleviate this, AMD users using Rec Spec GPU&#8217;s should turn Texture Resolution, Shadow Quality, and Level of Detail to Low. We continue to work closely with AMD to resolve these issues as soon as possible; make sure you have the most current drivers and check back here for updates on when the next driver version is available.

is this a joke

Nvidia has a 60fps trailer for the game on youtube right now

literally false advertising

Salsa

the game has a benchmark tool that runs at 60fps

they are admitting here that the game itself is not intended to run at 60fps and that the 30fps lock on the actual game (not present in the benchmark) is not some weird mistake

I vote jail time

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
If WB ends up following in the footsteps of Ubisoft and cancelling the Season Pass, that could be just what I need to convince WB to cough up a Steam key for Arkham Asylum vanilla.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom