• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2015 II - Click the Monsters You Monster

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sch1sm

Maybe Arkham Knight is fixed thehahahaha

giphy.gif

Figure it'll be something like $7.50 on the Steam store by then, way its current Steam review is running.

So, I've just downloaded Tomb Raider Underworld and when it finally reached 100%, it just stay there doing nothing. A few moments later, the game was automatically put in the queue. And surprise, the game is now downloading everything again from scratch.
What's just happened?

Edit: I previously downloaded & installed Anniversary just fine.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
So, I've just downloaded Tomb Raider Underworld and when it finally reached 100%, it just stay there doing nothing. A few moments later, the game was automatically put in the queue. And surprise, the game is now downloading everything again from scratch.
What's just happened?
Sometimes when steam is downloading an update, or some files that it missed after checking integrity, it will look like it's downloading all over again but then suddenly complete after 100MB or something.

Fantastic game BTW. I'm gonna miss old TR.

It either doesn't flush memory or caches what it can.

I mean I could understand it if the game was running for hours. But I just started the Benchmark and that was it. When it fell down to 3fps I checked the task manager and it showed its already using about 5.8GB RAM.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
checked humble bundle and lol @ borderlands trying to pretend it isn't terrible

He could be running the card on a gtx 8800 for all you know :p

Runs fine on my 980Ti at 4K with the framerate cap although of course that doesn't matter when there are missing shaders everywhere and broken AO.

Dr Dogg

Well I guess WB Games can now be considered to be among their AAA publisher contemporaries proper now. I mean they've riled up a lot of people more than either EA, UbiSoft or Activision have in a long, long time. But it's only PC who cares? :p

Eila

349D4AAFB07FBD780DC946D40437BF1A5B05E624

This game is killing me inside. Should I go full casual and restart in angel mode? I don't think I can do this.

Salsa

He could be running the card on a gtx 8800 for all you know :p

Runs fine on my 980Ti at 4K with the framerate cap although of course that doesn't matter when there are missing shaders everywhere and broken AO.

im running a gtx 680 with 2 gigs of Vram. issue happens regardless of settings. happening to people with 4gb vram cards too, just takes a bit longer to

wilflare

anyone remember the steam app or something that removes all the installation files/distributable that get installed when you boot certain games for the first time?

Chariot

Creepy. I just wanted to install the GoogleDrive app, only to notice that it's already on my phone. Then I wanted to login, but I was already logged in. I am a fan of one account for mutiple devices and services, but this is mildly unsettling.

Dr Dogg

I'm sure somewhere amongst the 6 months of DLC drip fed into Arkham Knight, WB will have got something sorted mwhahaha! Saying that if they want to make any additional money from DLC and Season Pass sales they might have to pull their finger out or cut their losses.

Sometimes when steam is downloading an update, or some files that it missed after checking integrity, it will look like it's downloading all over again but then suddenly complete after 100MB or something.

Fantastic game BTW. I'm gonna miss old TR.

It's 200mb already and no sign of completed yet. :(

I'm sure somewhere amongst the 6 months of DLC drip fed into Arkham Knight, WB will have got something sorted mwhahaha! Saying that if they want to make any additional money from DLC and Season Pass sales they might have to pull their finger out or cut their losses.

Batman Arkham Knight: Knight of the First Sin.

dex3108

I would take Mad Max as apology gift XD

Sarcasm

Creepy. I just wanted to install the GoogleDrive app, only to notice that it's already on my phone. Then I wanted to login, but I was already logged in. I am a fan of one account for mutiple devices and services, but this is mildly unsettling.

On your phone that make sense since you are logged in already in the other services, remember when you first got the phone and had to input info. I would be more worried if you installed it on your PC and was already logged in.

Dr Dogg

Go to write protect the elevated settings file, game hangs. Try to disable Motion Blur via ini file and throws up an exception after the logo splashes. And various other little tweaks and trick I know do some funky things also. Considering UE's bread and butter platform is PC this is just mind boggling.

Batman Arkham Knight: Knight of the First Sin.

Oh that GOTY Edition will be out next year alright. Obviously based on console success (well reviews mainly).

I would take Mad Max as apology gift XD

At least Avalanche is usually a safe pair of hands, with a PC focus and more importantly not owned by WB. Of course who knows what might happen seeing as it's being developed by US based Avalanche so that might get outsourced for all we know.

The open world missions barring main plot is pretty bare bones, it feels like a prettier and bigger Arkham City, what was Rocksteady doing during the delay?

BHK3

Banned
Think I'm unto something, downloaded this radeonpro thing and forced triple buffering and FF13 works a bit better now. Gonna redownload catalyst manager because for some reason my version is up to date but has very VERY few options in it, like AF and AA are literally the only options and it looks different than the last time I opened it up. Heh, I was right about to request a refund too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom