• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2015 II - Click the Monsters You Monster

Status
Not open for further replies.

yuraya

I can't believe Activision put exclusive Destiny content behind a fucking red bull drink. It can't be real. Wtf that has got to be the most horrifying thing I've ever read. All time low for the gaming industry. Jesus christ.

A Fish Aficionado

I am going to make it through this year if it kills me
My understanding of Ready Player One is that it's just a bunch of crappy pop culture references and fan service and is one of those books that people who don't read books read and feel clever about themselves for doing so.

At least GoTs challenges the average reader to find out what the hell a portcullis and a doublet is. You're just reading empty calories with Ready Player One.
That's a bingo.

I can't believe Activision put exclusive Destiny content behind a fucking red bull drink. It can't be real. Wtf that has got to be the most horrifying thing I've ever read. All time low for the gaming industry. Jesus christ.

I'm getting a real sense that Activision is doing whatever it takes to get its half billion dollar investment in Destiny as soon as possible and in as many ways as possible. And given that they've been incredibly reluctant to give out hard figures on how many units Destiny has moved I think it's safe to say that it's underperformed by their expectations. This Red Bull deal along with the $40 price point for the next expansion seems to be a reaction to that.

dex3108

Wait there is more. If you want special new content you need to buy new Collectors edition again no matter if you own game and previous DLCs.

Bulletstorm was not a cheap game to make. Unless they're doing one of those interest-gauging KSes to convince a publisher to throw money at Bulletstorm 2 I don't see how a KS could fully fund a sequel

Sch1sm

Wait there is more. If you want special new content you need to buy new Collectors edition again no matter if you own game and previous DLCs.

Original backers get screwed regularly already in terms of DLC eventually coming out cheaper as a GOTY than separately, but that takes the cake.

giphy.gif

M.D

You sure about that?

It's pretty easy to find out afterwards when you watch the match from the player perspective

I watched 2 matches from player perspective for players I thought were cheating and it was obvious from their behavior what they were doing was not player skill

Are you sure you want to get another CoD?

I only played a bit of Black Ops online so it's like I'm tired of the series.. maybe I'll get Battlefront or Halo 5 if I end up with an Xbox

I've played enough Black Ops to know that 9 times out of 10, a person accused of hacking is actually just better at the game than you.

Source: my group of friends is accused of hacking at least once a session.

Like I said, it's pretty easy to identify skill from cheating when you look at the player perspective

Actually, one of the players that was accused of cheating (and I'm talking about wall hacking everytime I mention cheating) played really shitty regardless of the fact, so its not like I'm only talking about people going on 30-0 godlike every match

sprinkles

So my girlfriend and I share access to the PC, which often leads to strange commendations on Amazon. But I am a bit scared after this:

8350a6d2ca.jpg

Lain

It's not as bad as people claim it to be.
It's a well designed action game and while the stage transitions feel off, the visual design and style really make it stand out.

It's an average action game that has good stage designs and little more going for it.
To this day, the only good thing Ninja Theory seems able to do is make nice looking games that are the definition of average in the gameplay department.
Let's hope they have learned something and it shows in their next game.

If DmC2 was being made we would've heard rumblings about Ninja Theory working on it by now. We knew they were doing a DMC reboot like two years before it finally surfaced.

No, if there's any DMC coming out it's either coming from japan or NT isn't working on it. Doubt it would be DmC related though.

Nabs

It's pretty easy to find out afterwards when you watch the match from the player perspective

I watched 2 matches from player perspective for players I thought were cheating and it was obvious from their behavior what they were doing was not player skill

I only played a bit of Black Ops online so it's like I'm tired of the series.. maybe I'll get Battlefront or Halo 5 if I end up with an Xbox

Like I said, it's pretty easy to identify skill from cheating when you look at the player perspective

Actually, one of the players that was accused of cheating (and I'm talking about wall hacking everytime I mention cheating) played really shitty regardless of the fact, so its not like I'm only talking about people going on 30-0 godlike every match

Just report it. The ban hammer is real.

If DmC2 get made and not DMC5, i'm blaming all of you.

Especially Jawmuncher.

I'll take some of that blame. DmC was awesome and I want some more.

If DmC2 was being made we would've heard rumblings about Ninja Theory working on it by now. We knew they were doing a DMC reboot like two years before it finally surfaced.

No, if there's any DMC coming out it's either coming from japan or NT isn't working on it. Doubt it would be DmC related though.

NT is probably working on one of the unannounced Marvel games.

dex3108

And that is GTA V Story done after 72 hours of gameplay (Online included). What a ride, they improved everything in comparison to GTA IV. Nice story, good mission variety, fun side content, beautiful world... There were few things that i didn't like (for example how they used 3 character mechanic) and if i need to score this game it is 9/10. I can't wait to see what will R* do in DLC.

Article said:
In case you’re not aware of, MSI Afterburner is not being displayed when NVIDIA’s Gameworks effects are activated (note: when all four NVIDIA Gameworks effects are enabled, especially the first two). This troubled us, because everything seemed to be working fine when NVIDIA’s effects were disabled.

They blocked MSI from running w/ Gameworks on so you can't see it's running in DX10?

holy shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom