• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2015 II - Click the Monsters You Monster

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
boom

oeOk2Kf.jpg

Rating up your own status I see.

Not sure what I respect the most; the buying or the self-rating

On a ROLL Ozzie!

I also noticed one gaffer buying Space Corn after I posted about it yesterday! You are also a winner

Dr Dogg

What on earth is ban evasion? Sounds like a bunch of school kids pulled in front of the head teacher, pointing fingers at each other as who's to blame for throwing Timmy Walton's school bag in the septic tank.

Oh look at that, Warner Brothers finally "apologized"

I know it seems awful and you'd expect the first thing someone to do when they goofed up is apologise for the troubles you experience but that is next to never going to happen with a public listed company, let alone the tangled mess of three companies here. It's not that they aren't sorry but more to do with making an apology, espically one posted publicly, can be seen as an omission of guilt that in a legal sense which can have huge consequences in any subsequent litigation. Over the years in many Customer Service training courses, staff meetings, even silly new fangled things like webinars the key point taught is that you empathise not apologise. You'll roundly hear customer service peeps say they "understand your frustration" and so on but never say they are sorry for it unless there is pretty clear indication they're at fault and then it's only when they have a compensation plan in order.

Take AC Unity's fiasco and subsequent compensation for example. UbiSoft knew they fucked up, the fruits of their work was spread far and wide across they Internet show how bad things were. So they apologise, removed the Season Pass from sale and offered compensation but by taking that offer you waived your right to sue them. Car manufacturers do it quite regularly as do electrical appliance manaufacturers when they have a faulty product, compensation always come with a clause not to pursue further action and is considered full and final settlement. You should see some of the clauses in my contract for being injured in an industrial accident (though I doubt any of the "heavy machinery" I work with will do much damage).

I really want to replay the Witcher 3 but my inner self is always stopping me and reminding me that I still have a huge backlog to finish. Such dilemma.

Downloading Final Fantasy XIII now, 14 hours remaining.
Thanks SE for your uncompressed video files.

wilflare

Glad you enjoyed it =D
What's next on your list?

I may take a break. idk.
I'm glad I'm slowly enjoying my games now - hope it only gets better from here.
- some health issues have really gotten in the way over the past few years (with school, even with enjoying games...)

haven't decided what's next.
was thinking of
Ori
DMC4SE
Super Time Force Ultra

Jawmuncher

I may take a break. idk.
- some health issues have really gotten in the way over the past few years (with school, even with enjoying games...)

was thinking of
Ori
DMC4SE
Super Time Force Ultra

Dmc4 just so you can freshly compare. Plus with the way that game is you can beat one campaign and just take a break and still count as beating it.

wilflare

I really want to replay the Witcher 3 but my inner self is always stopping me and reminding me that I still have a huge backlog to finish. Such dilemma.

I wouldn't mind the uncompressed video files if they were high resolution/high quality... but nope :/ 720P right?

Dmc4 just so you can freshly compare. Plus with the way that game is you can beat one campaign and just take a break and still count as beating it.

hmmm I guess. haha I did try DMC4 previously... but my OCD got in the way... I was trying to SSS every single battle.... and after a while, I'm like ARGHHH

-- but yes, DmC would have been a really fun game if it did not bear the name DMC...

Dr Dogg

Oh they're compressed and macro blocked alright :p. Of course I know you meant file compression it's just that you have two sets of video files for English and Japanese so you get an extra 30gigglybytes to download. And those Bink video have never compressed down in size well even.

Salsa

you know I said it elsewhere just now but it made me realize it's a statement free of hyperbole:

TW3 cemented the fact that I can't think of a game I could ever be more excited about than Cyberpunk 2077

nothing even near it, can't think of anything to top it

Oh they're compressed and macro blocked alright :p. Of course I know you meant file compression it's just that you have two sets of video files for English and Japanese so you get an extra 30gigglybytes to download. And those Bink video have never compressed down in size well even.

I really wonder why Video sizes are still so huge? Do they need to be in a special format to work in a game?

dot

I may take a break. idk.

was thinking of
Ori
DMC4SE
Super Time Force Ultra

DMC4SE, obviously.

Shadownet

Banned
I know it seems awful and you'd expect the first thing someone to do when they goofed up is apologise for the troubles you experience but that is next to never going to happen with a public listed company, let alone the tangled mess of three companies here. It's not that they aren't sorry but more to do with making an apology, espically one posted publicly, can be seen as an omission of guilt that in a legal sense which can have huge consequences in any subsequent litigation. Over the years in many Customer Service training courses, staff meetings, even silly new fangled things like webinars the key point taught is that you empathize not apologize. You'll roundly hear customer service peeps say they "understand your frustration" and so on but never say they are sorry for it unless there is pretty clear indication they're at fault and then it's only when they have a compensation plan in order.

Take AC Unity's fiasco and subsequent compensation for example. Ubisoft knew they fucked up, the fruits of their work was spread far and wide across they Internet show how bad things were. So they apologized, removed the Season Pass from sale and offered compensation but by taking that offer you waived your right to sue them. Car manufacturers do it quite regularly as do electrical appliance manufacturers when they have a faulty product, compensation always come with a clause not to pursue further action and is considered full and final settlement. You should see some of the clauses in my contract for being injured in an industrial accident (though I doubt any of the "heavy machinery" I work with will do much damage).
I completely understand what you're saying. That's why I was a bit surprised that they offer an apology. This probably does mean they planned on offering some sort of compensation soon.

I honestly do feel that company should be held more responsible when they release a broken products, as of right now they're getting away with too much. Sure the internet will brew a huge shitstorm, but semi-broken games are still being released. Something has to change.

Let be real, what other game you have in your library that is worth playing more than the Witcher 3.

Dr Dogg

I really wonder why Video sizes are still so huge? Do they need to be in a special format to work in a game?

Can't remeber exactly but someone in the FFXIII OT was trying to insert the PS3 cutscenes in and I think they ended up being some funky hybrid container and codec combination. Sad thing is in my experience a lot of video authoring tools used for games just aren't up to snuff with what we've been used to in the past 10 or so years of codec and container advancements.

I completely understand what you're saying. That's why I was a bit surprised that they offer an apology. This probably does mean they planned on offering some sort of compensation soon.

I honestly do feel that company should be held more responsible when they release a broken products, as of right now they're getting away with too much. Sure the internet will brew a huge shitstorm, but semi-broken games are still being released. Something has to change.

Thankfully Steam allowing refunds more easily for everyone and going above various consumer protection legislation has kind of put the ball in the paying customer's court. That with user reviews shown front and centre means that word gets out quick if a product is shoddy. I mean we've been alright over broken products over here for years as there's legislation to protect us but what were the options in the US? Contact the Better Business Bureau? Hahaha may as well got tell on WB to a bunch of fussy mum's.

Shame it took a while but the onus is now on publisher and devs of all shapes and sizes to put out a product your end users deem at least acceptable or face these sort of consequences. I know it's own one of 3 shipped platforms but this can't of done any good to WB Games' or Rocksteady's image (Iron Galaxy might have trouble getting large contracts again but have 3 unfounded projects from big pubs up on their website).

Regards to compensation, be intresting to see if they do offer anything. Though I'm kind of loaded up with WB stuff but I'd take Mad Max or all future LEGO games for nowt :p

I wouldn't mind the uncompressed video files if they were high resolution/high quality... but nope :/ 720P right?

Ugh..
And now I'm wondering if I can delete English/Japanese video files after the game is ready to play to save some HDD space. Will steam re-check my game integrity and redownload the files all over again?

Let be real, what other game you have in your library that is worth playing more than the Witcher 3.

Uh.. nothing?

Salsa

play what you want

before starting the witcher 3 I was playing LA Noire or some shit cause I had a hunch of a moment where I just felt like replaying it. My "backlog" is huge, who cares

Ugh..
And now I'm wondering if I can delete English/Japanese video files after the game is ready to play to save some HDD space. Will steam re-check my game integrity and redownload the files all over again?
IIRC you can go into the videos folder and search out and delete all the jp videos and play just fine. Steam won't redownload stuff unless you check the file integrity or a patch comes out.

baterism

Ugh..

I think Asia ver (which we Indonesian got) don't even come with English part. Which is why for as big as FF13 we get, other region have it more. 20gb in difference if I remember correctly.

dex3108

WB requested from GMG to honor all Batman refunds

To update our earlier statement regarding refunds for this title, all refund requests will be honoured as per WBIE's request. If you would like to submit a request for a refund for this title, please contact our helpdesk by clicking here and submitting a support ticket. We thank you in advance for your patience in this regard ­– we'll be dealing with every ticket we receive as swiftly as possible.

Damn right.

But seriously though, play whatever. I'd probably save the Witcher 3 for last. Everything else seem like a disappointment to me after playing that.

I'm saving Witcher 3 for the new game + (hopefully).

IIRC you can go into the videos folder and search out and delete all the jp videos and play just fine. Steam won't redownload stuff unless you check the file integrity or a patch comes out.

Ah okay, that's what I want to hear.
Thanks!

I think Asia ver (which we Indonesian got) don't even come with English part. Which is why for as big as FF13 we get, other region have it more. 20gb in difference if I remember correctly.

Mine is not Asia version.
It's 50gb download for 60gb installed data.

Salsa

I do feel like being "done" with The WItcher 3 atm and started clearing out all missions rather than hitting question marks lately

lots of stuff I bought and wanna play, and Batman left me wide open

The New Order, both Metro Redux, Ori, Lisa, Valkyria Chronicles, Wasteland 2, Grow Home, Ground Zeroes, Company of Heroes 2, EP 2 & 3 of Life is Shit, Shadowrun Dragonfall, havent finished Axiom Verge, havent finished Pillars of Eternity, havent finished Shadowrun Returns..

*launches The Long Dark*

I do feel like being "done" with The WItcher 3 atm and started clearing out all missions rather than hitting points

lots of stuff I wanna play, and Batman left me wide open

The New Order, both Metro Redux, finish Axiom Verge still, Ori...

Just skip those POIs, hide them.
I finished the game at level 36 with POIs off ever since I reached Velen for the first time. And apparently, that new Skellige DLC gives you 2000 exp.

Tizoc

I may take a break. idk.

was thinking of
Ori
DMC4SE
Super Time Force Ultra

Good choices, my vote would be Ori or DMC4. Ori will give you feels 10 minutes in.

Salsa

Just skip those POIs, hide them.
I finished the game at level 36 with POIs off ever since I reached Velen for the first time. And apparently, that new Skellige DLC gives you 2000 exp.

yeah, I know

was just marking the difference between an initial 70 hours of "DAMN I WANNA DO EVERYTHING" now becoming "well alright lets see how these stories unfold"

I also restarted the game after a first 25 hours playthrough where I had just left white orchard. just been takin my time but yeah

im actually kinda dreading the Novigrad / Dandelion / Roche stuff lately compared to early game new characters / random hunting

game is super open so it's sorta my fault that it lately just became errand after errand inside one or two cities of "go talk to this dude, go back to this dude"

"dreading" is a strong word tho. I still adore the game

dex3108

That title makes no sense. Why would WB request refunds from a distributor? Wouldn't they instruct, honour or accept refunds seeing as they must be supplying GMG and not purchasing from them? Sorry a little early moring pedantry seeped out there.

They didn't ask for refunds they told GMG that it is ok to honor refunds from customers. GMG couldn't do it that easily because they couldn't sell those keys again. This way WB probably told them that they will cover expenses.

What, Bungie apologized too? What is going on. Come on Tecmo-Koei apologize for DOA and for last-gen Dynasty Warriors.

Destiny apology ended with option to buy cosmetic items for 20$ so it is not that good apology XD

P.S. I just noticed that there are two entries for Batman AK:

• Zep-MS17_0.01-WBQA-PC_1085259-06_24_2015_Auto
  • Zep-MS16_0.19-WBQA-PC-FullPatchRC4-4US_1083639-06_20_2015_Auto

Those are interesting.

Milamber

I do feel like being "done" with The WItcher 3 atm and started clearing out all missions rather than hitting question marks lately

lots of stuff I bought and wanna play, and Batman left me wide open

The New Order, both Metro Redux, Ori, Lisa, Valkyria Chronicles, Wasteland 2, Grow Home, Ground Zeroes, Company of Heroes 2, EP 2 & 3 of Life is Shit, Shadowrun Dragonfall, havent finished Axiom Verge, havent finished Pillars of Eternity, havent finished Shadowrun Returns..

*launches The Long Dark*

Oooh! The Long Dark! SHIT!!!

I forgot about buying that on the sale!

EDIT: I was debating on The Forest versus The Long Dark for so long then Dying Light came along. Ughhhh...

Dr Dogg

They didn't ask for refunds they told GMG that it is ok to honor refunds from customers. GMG couldn't do it that easily because they couldn't sell those keys again. This way WB probably told them that they will cover expenses.

I know what it means silly just the title doesn't make a lick of sense. 'WB accepting refund requests from GMG' makes much, much more sense as to what it happening.

P.S. I just noticed that there are two entries for Batman AK:

• Zep-MS17_0.01-WBQA-PC_1085259-06_24_2015_Auto
  • Zep-MS16_0.19-WBQA-PC-FullPatchRC4-4US_1083639-06_20_2015_Auto

Those are interesting.

Not really, try reading what it says. WBQA is obvious as is Full Patch and I assume RC stands for release candidate and then 06_20_2015 is the date of submission to QA. As I said about 3 times yesterday the branches for Arkahm Knight are littlered with about 70+ such submissions to WB's QA Department over the last 11 months. Look at the build numbers if you want to see what really is happening and if there is any movement.

dex3108

Not really, try reading what it says. WBQA is obvious as is Full Patch and I assume RC stands for release candidate and then 06_20_2015 is the date of submission to QA. As I said about 3 times yesterday the branches for Arkahm Knight are littlered with about 70+ such submissions to WB's QA Department over the last 11 months. Look at the build numbers if you want to see what really is happening and if there is any movement.

It is interesting because they are working on something at least. Latest Build was pushed yesterday. And seeing that 5 days ago was entry for "FullPatch" that never went online it means that they knew about PC issues and did nothing. But at least there is some kind of movement.

Shadownet

Banned
After playing Arkham Knight it feels kinda weird going back to Witcher 3.. Why can't Gerald soar above Novigrad? I want a batsuit for Geralt.

It's hard to convince people that I have a life when I've wracked up 30 hours on Prison Architect. And I've had the game for less than 2 weeks and 20 of those hours were achieved in the first two days after I bought it.

titch

Totally recommend watching Deus Ex:MD E3 demo. Made me very excited. I'm a sucker to sci-fi/cyberpunk. This looks like the next-best GitS game.!

This game is going to cost me a lot in PC upgrades - HR is one of my Fav games.

Also it makes it very hard for me to participate in this thread when I feel like I'm a parent eavesdropping on my kids' birthday party, even worse when all the kids are just gossiping about the parents.

I don't think i've ever read a post of your's where I've thought as you as a moderator so you certainly never come across as being like that.

I guess most of us got a bit of a shock when a few of the major contributors to this thread got sidelined. Even more so when it seems like it happened a fair bit after the initial rule breach.

Dr Dogg

Another crazy day in the land of PunishedSnake. Withdraw from sale means they have requested it not be sold anymore from this point forward. Obviously it's hard to line things up with all your authorised resellers when they're in different timezones but no way are they going to recind keys because some stores are late removing it from sale silly billy.

Speaking of Arkham Knight, it's a shame about the issues as I had a pretty good time with what I've played so far. Fear takedowns are OP as anything, dual play is bonkers, new menus for gadget selection, Detective Vision and Missions is a bit fiddly but got the hang of it eventually. Even coming round on the Batmobile sidekick concept (although when I found out you need it for certain Riddler throphies the shine started to tarnish again). The Batmobile is like Batman's dumb but lovable pet dog.

Cade

wow so when you move a game from one hd to another and have Steam try to download it, even though it says it's discovering existing files so it doesn't have to download 40 gigs of bioshock infinite again... it actually just wipes that folder and redownloads it

even though it used to work

nice

Sarcasm

wow so when you move a game from one hd to another and have Steam try to download it, even though it says it's discovering existing files so it doesn't have to download 40 gigs of bioshock infinite again... it actually just wipes that folder and redownloads it

even though it used to work

nice

Like the old way it is more than just moving the install folder. You missed a file or two that is important.

Anteater

I got to say I really like the telltale games comic book style art, people give the engine a lot of shit but I think their games look really good on pc, probably a shit engine on consoles and may have had some save deleting problems but they've at least been running pretty smooth for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom