• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2015 II - Click the Monsters You Monster

Status
Not open for further replies.
+ Interconnected world ala DkS1, highly explorable, no world hub, Miyazaki personally took over level design
+ DkS1 style parries/backstabs/movement
Miyazaki: “Using the short bow is a bit like being like Legolas in Lord of the Rings. Ok, I’m probably exaggerating a little.”
They also talked about Dynamic light sources as well as particle effects of ash and the physics of clothes / cloth. Basically it’s going to have graphical fidelity very, very, very similar to Bloodborne (but themed more medieval fantasy, obviously). Next the translator was talking about how the map is more complicated and bigger than ever. The game is taking place in an apocalyptic setting, but is not just dark. They are trying to reproduce very unique visuals within the game.

Welp.

I'm ready.

Werd

Was going to go ahead and get Game of Thrones until I saw it was going to be 6 episodes. Might go lower by then.
Planned to get South Park but its the same exact sale price it was 6 months ago. Now I'll wait out of spite.

Will probably just get Astebreed today. Has anyone played Fight the Dragon? Looks kind of interesting for $3.

MUnited83

For you.
Dark Souls with more diverse and versatile bow sounds like a GOTY.

Also, managed to randomly enter a good game with my phone! Already at level 16000!

Anteater

still no Ori

crying-indian-1ojj7i.gif

Khronico

Interested in Dreadout
Same for Euro Truck Sim 2
Same for Test Drive Unlimited 2 but I read mixed impressions
SouthPark could be cheaper
Same goes to Planet Explorers
Same goes for Dungeons 2

TDU2 has some really cool aspects (Huge world, extremely pretty, great car selection, neat Sims-esque mechanic where you can buy houses and clothes for your avatar) but the career mode thing is mediocre. I didn't really have 'fun' doing the races which is a problem for a racing game. The best part of it was just messing around, cruising all over the world, and finding new cars to drive. I'd say for 5 bucks it's worth it but don't expect much from the career mode.

wonder how many folks are going to hold back on buying DSIII day one given that they got sold a fradulent DSII for a year before its release.

surely everyone who whined about that will hesitate to jump right in on day one right?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Well, my e-mail to CDPR did the trick:

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - 'Ballad Heroes' Neutral Gwent Card Set said:
about 2 hours ago
Changed billingtype – 12 › 0 (No Cost)
The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - Fool's Gold said:
about 2 hours ago
Changed billingtype – 12 › 0 (No Cost)

How are some of you searching steam by user reviews?

Like if I wanted to only see Overwhelmingly Positive games. Enhanced steam would then show me which were on my wishlist and it would make deciding easier.

Chariot

Has anyone had any expirence soloing The Secret World? That's a lot of content in the Ultimate Edition.
Yes. Only thing you would miss out are the dungeons, but you can get a quick group of randoms together. Just ask in #noobmores and #sanctuary, they always help newbies.

Command is: /chat join #Roomname

wonder how many folks are going to hold back on buying DSIII day one given that they got sold a fradulent DSII for a year before its release.

surely everyone who whined about that will hesitate to jump right in on day one right?

What they did is shitty and I continue to bitch about it. I will pick DS3 up Day 0.

I'm part of the problem

Pachimari

I feel tired today. I reinstalled Dark Souls 1 some time ago (lost my DSfix), and have now downloaded the DSfix again. What were I supposed to do, to change the settings? Should I extract it to where? Just in the main game folder or in the DATA / REDIST?

This is the last day correct? Buy everything I want now?

Last day is June 21.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
having not played TW3 since release day, does this mean all the DLC will be automatically added to the game from here on out?

You still have to add it manually. The "problem" was that the two pieces of DLC listed didn't use No Cost subs like the rest and thus didn't count as owned.

Shadownet

Banned
Yes. Only thing you would miss out are the dungeons, but you can get a quick group of randoms together. Just ask in #noobmores and #sanctuary, they always help newbies.

Command is: /chat join #Roomname

Is it worth it getting the Secret World Ultimate Edition?

dex3108

So Shenmue 3 is mainly funded by Sony and Sony didn't have any issues putting it on PC? This is second time they did it, first time was Street Fighter V.

def sim

So Shenmue 3 is mainly funded by Sony and Sony didn't have any issues putting it on PC? This is second time they did it, first time was Street Fighter V.

It's not their IP and it's not guaranteed to sell well despite the hardcore fanbase it has. They pretty much have to.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.

I sincerely doubt Sony is the primary backer of Shemue. They've put in enough money to ensure it won't appear on the the other consoles, but they aren't the primary source of money.

Shibuya Productions, a french company headed by Cédric Biscay is the company behind the scenes with the majority of funding.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Hmm... Jackbox looks interesting. Should I grab it? I am a fan of YDKJ games, but I am wondering for this one's longevity.

Is it worth it getting the Secret World Ultimate Edition?

No doubt. The base game includes the issues 1-4. With the ultimate edition you also get 5-11. Issues 5-7 expand the story in the base game zones (all high-quality content). Issue 8 introduces scenarios and isn't all that great but bridges the gap to the new storyline in Tokyo. Issues 9-11 are my favourites and introduce the new zone of Tokyo leading into the end of the first act of The Secret World.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom