• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2015 II - Click the Monsters You Monster

Status
Not open for further replies.
I picked a baaad time for my ticket then. Even though it was a day before Batman refunds. Ah well. Sure would be useful to have an inside man there.

Well things like that should just be on the front page for the controller or when you put your address it goes like nah bro we dont ship to china suks2bu

No. I want to ship it to germany. When it comes out I am back in Germany, so I want to preorder it now while I am in China but send it to my german adress. But I cant even buy the controller from here. There is no "Buy" button.

L.O.R.D

iqK0VyT.jpg

why DMC4SE uses DX10 ?
the original DMC4 with DX10 was broken

i thought the game use DX11

Tizoc

There is a permanent wall of shame on the Arkham Knight steam page that shows all them pre-ordering suckers.

Oh please Arkham Knight is one game, people are still gonna pre-order games they have an interest in.
In fact I'ma go now and pre-order Mighty no 9 off of nuuvem.

Arthea

meanwhile on greenlight

dance fighting game! You had no idea you want this, now you know.

1 bit HD (that was funny) roguelike

you actually can ride giraffe in this game, not sure anything else needs to be said
Also I never even heard about the first game, so I googled, it seems to be a free game, but highly rated.

Dads' brawler, funny idea

This could turn to be good, an ARPG

one more indie fighting game

titch

While textures, effects and lighting look really great, I'm not sure that it will be one of the most taxing games. Just a hunch. Or hope, haha.

You aint seen my spec...(;__;)

WinGameStore has Geometry Wars 3 on sale for $3.74.

I've ordered some bundles from them in the past and they appear to be legit. This is the lowest price this game has been, and it's a pretty great game. Comes with a Steam key.

Picked it up yesterday am currently targeting your scores ;)

Coupon: pcgames5off saves extra $0.19 :p

Why didn't I know this yesterday could have saved me about 50cents :(

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Picked it up yesterday am currently targeting your scores ;)

HA that shouldn't be too hard
(I suck at this game, but it's fun!)

the preorder defense force seems to have a much stronger game than i anticipated

Because it's hit and miss.

I preordered Witcher 3 for ~20-30 a year before it came out. Turns out to be a very good idea. In turn if I waited for the reviews, I'd have to fork out $50-60.

I preordered AssKnight for ~30. Turns out to be a very bad idea. Basically having to wait for the release because the PC version wasn't reviewed (for obvious reasons now...).

Therefore...I should stop pre-ordering? Pre-ordering is fine when there is a track record of solid working products on release for PC. TPP, Dark Souls 3? I'll probably insta-preorder. Arkham next? Fuck no.

Shadownet

Banned
While you fools are arguing about all of this. I have bought all of the Batman: Arkham Knight cards

I've cornered the market. Bow to your new overlord.

Because it's hit and miss.

I preordered Witcher 3 for ~20-30 a year before it came out. Turns out to be a very good idea. In turn if I waited for the reviews, I'd have to fork out $50-60.

I preordered AssKnight for ~30. Turns out to be a very bad idea. Basically having to wait for the release because the PC version wasn't reviewed (for obvious reasons now...).

Therefore...I should stop pre-ordering? Pre-ordering is fine when there is a track record of solid working products on release for PC. TPP, Dark Souls 3? I'll probably insta-preorder. Arkham next? Fuck no.

On PC, where we now have not only killer savings but an actual refund policy in place, the decision to preorder is less of an issue because we still have options as a consumer in the case that things go awry.

I aint hating on my steam brahs, just on the general notion that retail preorders are unneeded and working against your interests more often than not.

What a lovely point of departure for a discussion! :p
I'm not closed minded. If folks (like MMBosstones86 for example) present cases for their preordering i'm receptive to their points. Just that most of that thread is a whole lot of folks rationalizing bad or irrational behavior and being dismissive of the argument presented, probably mostly due to the part where they were deemed suckers in a hell of a derogatory move probably meant as a total clickbait maneuver
which of course means youre a sucker if you get bothered by it because that exactly what that was meant to do, hah.

I'm not closed minded. If folks (like MMBosstones86 for example) present cases for their preordering i'm receptive to their points. Just that most of that thread is a whole lot of folks rationalization bad or irrational behavior and being dismissive of the argument presented, probably mostly due to the part where they were deemed suckers in a hell of a derogatory move probably meant as a total clickbait maneuver
which of course means youre a sucker if you get bothered by it because that exactly what that was meant to do, hah.

I'm noping the fuck out of that thread. Too many 'people who preorder are stupid' and 'preordering pc games is stupid' to actually have a rational conversation.

Should be "people who preorder for FULL price are suckers".

Are preorders cheaper than buying after release?

Other than that most of pre-order DLCs are not worth the risk for me at all. There's nothing loosing by waiting a couple days.

I'm noping the fuck out of that thread. Too many 'people who preorder are stupid' and 'preordering pc games is stupid' to actually have a rational conversation.

Should be "people who preorder for FULL price are suckers".

i hear ya brother. I come from the age of the russian bear, where you could get a brand new game for the same price you would pay waiting a year or more for the game to drop in price via steam sales. I had TW3 on lock almost a year in advance.

But paying $60 is especially terrible on the consoles, where there's no refund policy in place for the digital version and most places will turn you away if you try to return your game for a full refund at retail.

milena87

I preordered The Witcher 3 twice (CE and Steam for awesome price).

I'm also guilty of preordering CE versions of many last gen games. Sometimes twice.

You can lynch me.

abracadaver

Android Steam App seems to be getting a big update soon. A lot faster and with material design. It's not on the play store yet but you can download the apk and install it manually.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom