• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2015 II - Click the Monsters You Monster

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maniac

Banned
Its crap. I consider Dead Island to be the beta for Dying Light.

I wouldn't even bother. The only good thing is the melee combat, and that's being nice.

Unless you like shitty optimization, poor online connection in co-op and fetch quests, then just get it for a +1

The connection isn't really shitty as of... Quite a few patches, atleast not for me. I managed to play it quite well with an australian mate, and... It's a good bit of dumb fun. Headstomping and stuff is good shit. :p

I concur though, it's basically the beta of Dying Light... Although I can't run Dying Light without some incredibly infuriating microstutter. :|

tmarg

How long till Ultimate General: Gettysburg gets delisted from Steam due to "including images of the confederate flag used in offensive and mean-spirited ways"?

I haven't played the game, so I can't comment specifically on the way it's used, but if a game about civil war battles is removed from the store because it happens to show the battle flag of one of the major civil war armies, that would be incredibly dumb.

There is a difference between showing the flag in a proper historical context, and flying it proudly as a symbol of oppression or as some sort of bullshit attempt at "southern pride".

I've been stuck on this for 2 hours. What to do?

35353ayes.png

Looks like an authenticator app, which would be awesome. Much more convenient than email

It's not a separate app. It's part of the Steam mobile app and it's been in beta for a month or two.

There's also a major update to the Steam mobile up today. The version number on the Google Play Store is 1.1.1 (prior it was 1.0.6 or something).

Lomax

I'm not going to chastise people for preordering, but what I don't understand is why until they pulled it off of the store Arkham Knight was still the top seller on Steam. That's at full price, no bonuses, and well after people should have known about the issues. How are people still that badly informed? And why buy something Day 1 and not just preorder? You get all the problems and none of the benefits.

Maniac

Banned
Is there a good GAF thread for PC troubleshooting?

Turns out I didn't fix the issue with my CPU's Core-1 spiking to 95-100% when downloading; it happens after the PC has been on for a few hours, and with a reboot it's fixed.

Fucking Windows. X_X

And ofcourse, I now can't use hibernate nor sleep either because when it's supposed to wake up, it... Doesn't. So I've got to hold down the power button n' kill it... Buuuut when I boot it back up it just says it's resumed from sleep mode.

God damn you, MS.

Book 3 (3.9 GB update) for Dreamfall Chapters is out now, I really need to finish playing this game.

EDIT: Random DMC4 SE noob question, should I be using Automatic or Turbo mode? What do those two settings do?

Werd

First game down from the summer sale, Ys Origin with Hugo. Really enjoyed it. While I died quite a bit on the early bosses, by the end I wasn't having much trouble at all... but the rapid fire bosses, cool final level visuals with intro/trailer music kicking in and story conclusion made up for it. Hugo's dialog in evil mode.. heh.

Just how tough is Nightmare? I definitely want to play at least the unlocked 3rd character if not go back and play Yunica. Although I do have Oath in Felghana and a few dozen other games I want to play.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
JaseC needs to tell the devs exactly what to do with the subs or else it will never happen because I don't think they know how to Steam

I've sent an e-mail to KISS since it's listed as the publisher and the developer hasn't said anything on the matter in almost a month. It seems the developer changed the sub type to No Cost but didn't remove the price of 0, which has confused Steam's backend.

Maniac

Banned
E7Dt1aX.png

Wow. People really do love their early access survival games.
That should become a genre of itself.

Early Access Survival is basically a genre in and of itself right now. It's full of great games with tons of potential, so yay!

Though, the only one that's really progressing toward a finished product at a decent pace would be The Long Dark. I own the majority of said EAS games, because I'm filthy. Subnautica? Yes. The Long Dark? Yup. The Forest? Aye. Stranded Deep? You betcha. Daisy DayZ? Yup yup.

Don't have ARK yet though.

ViviOggi

Book 3 (3.9 GB update) for Dreamfall Chapters is out now, I really need to finish playing this game.

EDIT: Random DMC4 SE noob question, should I be using Automatic or Turbo mode? What do those two settings do?
Automatic is babby mode as in does specials and combos for you, stay away it won't teach you anything. Turbo mode increases overall game speed by 20%, it's recommended but you can always enable it later if you want to start a bit slower.

Uzzy

As I'm unable to play as the world's greatest detective, I have instead purchased another detective story, which probably looks and runs better than certain other games.

Lets see if it's any good.

Jazz573

As I'm unable to play as the world's greatest detective, I have instead purchased another detective story, which probably looks and runs better than certain other games.

Lets see if it's any good.

Oh god, my eyes! The chromatic aberration!

Automatic is babby mode as in does specials and combos for you, stay away it won't teach you anything. Turbo mode increases overall game speed by 20%, it's recommended but you can always enable it later if you want to start a bit slower.

Cool I'll probably use turbo mode that sounds fun, thanks.

Early Access Survival is basically a genre in and of itself right now. It's full of great games with tons of potential, so yay!

Though, the only one that's really progressing toward a finished product at a decent pace would be The Long Dark. I own the majority of said EAS games, because I'm filthy. Subnautica? Yes. The Long Dark? Yup. The Forest? Aye. Stranded Deep? You betcha. Daisy DayZ? Yup yup.

Don't have ARK yet though.

ARK is also progressing decently. The developers have been updating the game daily (even on weekends) since release.

This is a thread that collects all of the patches that they've relased: http://steamcommunity.com/app/346110/discussions/0/594820656447032287/

It's pretty impressive.

ARK is going to hit one million copies sold in the next week and it'll beat DayZ to the million copies mark.

BruteUA

What's the word on LEGO Jurassic World? I don't put much weight in reviews on Steam.

My daughter and I just saw a 3D showing and we're gonna need that game.

For fucking real Valve. I get dropped out of a CSGO game and can't reconnect to Steam for 3 hours. I reinstalled Steam, restarted PC & router - nothing.

And not a single word on what's going on. Not surprised but it's so awfully handled I can't fathom how it's even possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom