• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2015 II - Click the Monsters You Monster

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vuze

Is there some sort of script or command I can execute to install a Steam game afk? Toukiden will be unlocked in seven hours apparently but that's 3am for me and the download will be about 20GB I guess, so I'd like to start it asap.

Man, RAGE really manages to show stunning rocks and canyons. But only from afar.

Also, the "smart" vsync is horrendous. Made the game feel like 30 even though afterburner showed 60.

Holy smokes the mouse is more sensitive than gamers in menus. When controlling the player all is fine weirdly o_O

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Is there some sort of script or command I can execute to install a Steam game afk? Toukiden will be unlocked in seven hours apparently but that's 3am for me so I'd like to start the supposedly ~20GB download right away.

Provided you're logged into the client, you can install games remotely using your Steam Community games list.

Turfster

Humble Eye Candy 3 bundle
TIER 1: 1$
  • Tengami
  • Where is my Heart?
  • Back to Bed
TIER 2: BTA
  • 7 Grand Steps: What Ancients Begat
  • Deep Under the Sky
  • Valdis Story: Abyssal City
TIER 3: BTA+1$
  • The Dream Machine (1-5)

Uzzy

More setting options than Arkham Knight confirmed. On the bright side, rock solid 1080p/60fps.

9hjwziu.png

Here's the Batcomputer. We appear to be a guest looking on some old systems, doing some research. Interesting. The 90's computer brings me right back, it's even got the glare!

Thankfully you can turn that off. It looks like there's been a murder, and this woman's involved. You can search for anything said, and you'll get some video clips of the woman saying those words. So in this case, 'murder' brings up four video clips.

The game is spent looking at these video clips and watching the woman's story. I imagine that this will let the story unfold in a rather non-linear fashion, as you watch the various clips and investigate.

As I'm unable to play as the world's greatest detective, I have instead purchased another detective story, which probably looks and runs better than certain other games.

Lets see if it's any good.

Started and "finished" it last night. It's fantastic. It's basically nothing but video clips and a search engine of the video transcripts, so your toaster could probably run the game. I think you can get everything you need out of it in 3 or so hours, maybe 5 hours *tops* to see everything. But it's very, very clever, and has a few "wait... what...? holy crap!" moments.

What's kind of neat is my wife played through it too, and we both took entirely different "paths" of discovery through the game; there were a few keywords I picked up on early that sent me down certain paths of inquiry, while she went a totally different way in her exploration.

I also appreciate that there's not some sort of "quiz" at the end or anything; there's no real way to "win" the game other than to piece together what happened to your own level of satisfaction. For example, I know pretty much exactly what "happened", but there's still a *massive* unresolved question for me, and i'm not sure the game even wants you to answer it, or if it's even answerable given the evidence on display.

inm8num2

Dream Machine episodes 1-4 were in a Joystiq Weekly last November. I should probably get around to playing those. I guess there's going to be a sixth episode, so not sure if the extra $1 for episode 5 is worth it now but that's a pretty good bundle overall.

Humble Eye Candy 3 bundle
TIER 1: 1$
  • Tengami
  • Where is my Heart?
  • Back to Bed
TIER 2: BTA
  • 7 Grand Steps: What Ancients Begat
  • Deep Under the Sky
  • Valdis Story: Abyssal City
TIER 3: BTA+1$
  • The Dream Machine (1-5)

This is a really good bundle. Where Is My Heart? is a great little puzzle platformer and The Dream Machine is an excellent adventure series. I think there's one final episode yet to be released.

I recently started playing Back to Bed and am in love with it's style. Nice to play another game inspired by MC Esther.

Locked it in (tiers 1 and 2) for $3 and change. It's been fluctuating between slightly under $3 and slightly over $3, so I'm happy with what I paid. Valdis City alone is worth that to me because it's been on my wishlist.

r3n4ud

Where Is My Heart for a dollar? Sure!

What's the word on LEGO Jurassic World? I don't put much weight in reviews on Steam.

My daughter and I just saw a 3D showing and we're gonna need that game.

My son and I are having great fun with the game. Be warned though, there are some bugs. We're at one now where we can't finish the game. Hopefully a patch releases soon to cure the problems. Otherwise ya, if you played other Lego games, you know what you're in for. All four movies are playable and lots of replayability to collect everything.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

7 Grand Steps -- MB-6E862438A40585CF - Taken by Gintoki. 3 entrants total.
Where is my Heart -- MB-969FB890558DBD2F - Taken by Bayonetta. 3 entrants total.
Valdis Story -- MB-E3486E74618A3E58 - Taken by ExoSoul. 10 entrants total.
Back to Bed -- MB-972ABB9B369CD24A - Taken by Purkake4. 5 entrants total.

t1435256972z1.png

oh boy, I'm switching from Optimum to FiOS this monday, I'm looking forward to it :) maybe I can finally download and play my games online without lag or my connection not dropping every 2 minutes. super hype. even if I end up being disappointed with it and hypothetically its the same as Optimum its still a good deal since its cheaper. I wonder what game I should download to test the new wifi.

oh boy, I'm switching from Optimum to FiOS this monday, I'm looking forward to it :) maybe I can finally download and play my games online without lag or my connection not dropping every 2 minutes. super hype. even if I end up being disappointed with it and hypothetically its the same as Optimum its still a good deal since its cheaper. I wonder what game I should download to test the new wifi.

I have had Verizon FiOS since 2011 and it's been great. I haven't had a single outage due to network problems (I had a few due to power outages though, but that's a problem for the electric company).

For fucking real Valve. I get dropped out of a CSGO game and can't reconnect to Steam for 3 hours. I reinstalled Steam, restarted PC & router - nothing.

And not a single word on what's going on. Not surprised but it's so awfully handled I can't fathom how it's even possible.

I believe that's something that was added to prevent people from dropping from games when they are getting rekt. Unfortunately you can drop from a connection lost as well and it would look the same in game.

I may be bullshitting, but I recall a few people here having similar experiences.

inm8num2

Tier 2 was $3 and change (or under) as of a few minutes ago. How cheap are you, man? I'm a cheapass too, but damn! :)

Edit: Currently under $3 by a couple of cents.

Yea this is one of the better deals in awhile. $1 tier is a no-brainer and just a couple bucks more for Valdis plus two other games.

Kiru

Yeah, it was ported to PC two or three years ago.

Actually last year. I won it from the dev on a twitch stream. 100%'d it, neat little game with a cool gameplay mechanic. Your view is broken up into shuffled frames and you have to figure out how to navigate through them.

Jawmuncher

Was excited about that Dead Island Indie Gala bundle, but saw there is still no Escape Dead Island. Why are they being so stingy on that game. In the sense that it apparently under performed bad. Would think they would start pushing better sales/bundles on it. Unless buying it will still get you into the DI2 beta.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom