• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2015 II - Click the Monsters You Monster

Status
Not open for further replies.

rtcn63

I don't remember experiencing something like that in the game when I played it some time ago.

I've made it to the
Yeti
and it stutters during specific attacks. Like frames are dropped or something.

Booted up DMC4 and it worked fine, so it's not a universal thing.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

I7Ufybq.png

Mystery Gift -- MB-E470249A7D0134A2 - Taken by electroflame

Parsnip

An otome game (乙女ゲーム otome gēmu?, literally "girl game") is a story based video game that is targeted towards the female market. Generally one of the goals, besides the main plot goal, is to develop a romantic relationship between the female player character and one of several male, or occasionally female characters.

I was looking for a good gif of the classic the more you know psa, but this seemed to fit better in this thread.

Parsnip

Stuff.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 6 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Parsnip, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

UFO: Aftermath -- MB-B56F568D1336243D - Taken by texhnolyze
Borealis -- MB-328BF42C303C08DA - Taken by Belgarion
Where is my heart? -- MB-45371E17DE374F0E - Taken by KainXVIII
Valdis Story: Abyssal City -- MB-2D00FC7CADD15CF6 - Taken by PunishedSnake
Frozen Synapse Prime -- MB-BCC17954345D56C0 - Taken by redlacs
Canabalt -- MB-17C0C3B545BEE1AE - Taken by Eila

Buraindo

ModBot said:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Buraindo, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

The Dream Machine: Chapter 4 -- MB-AA7B69139827DC5F - Taken by L.O.R.D - Taken by derExperte. 1 entrants total.
The Dream Machine: Chapters 1 to 3 -- MB-D3AAB6D45DE4F2B2 - Taken by fspm. 2 entrants total.

t1435259731z1.png

Great bundle and The Dream Machine alone is worth the cost. Highly recommended!

Jawmuncher

EZ1Homc.png

Glad I got in on that DMC4SE deal on Nuuvem. Either theyre getting rid of stuff or redesigning. Regardless only Capcom titles at least on mobile are now REmake and Revelations 2.

Jazz573

Do not wan....

...hm

Well, I'm a straight male, and otome games appeal to me. The protagonists usually are attractive though, so maybe that's part of it. I may not be in the target demographic, but I still have an interest, unlike the other VN genre targeted at girls...

derExperte

Here we go....

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (derExperte, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:

The Dream Machine: Chapter 4 -- MB-AA7B69139827DC5F - Taken by L.O.R.D

Well, I'm a straight male, and otome games appeal to me. The protagonists usually are attractive though, so maybe that's part of it. I may not be in the target demographic, but I still have an interest, unlike the other VN genre targeted at girls...

That's interesting. Can you recommend a otome VN that I should check out? Easily available if possible. Never had contact with it before.

And what is the other VN genre...? Do I want to know?

if you have a laptop with an integrated and mobile GPU then you might need to shut off the integrated chip. Laptops that have the two different chipsets can have issues with certain games.

Annubis

That's interesting. Can you recommend a otome VN that I should check out? Easily available if possible. Never had contact with it before.

I hear Hakuoki: Demon of the Fleeting Blossom is really good. Haven't tried it myself though.

On the Steam store, I'd go with Blue Rose. I played that one and I actually liked it a lot.

Both of those are safe.

Jazz573

And what is the other VN genre...? Do I want to know?

I've never played one myself, so I'm not the best to ask. Hatoful Boyfriend actually is an otome game.

As for the other genre. BL (Boys' Love) or yaoi. So basically pretty boys dating other pretty boys. Targeted towards girls, just as yuri (girlXgirl) games are targeted towards males. Not targeted towards gay males though--there's another genre for them--Bara. Yeah not interested. I've seen some games that had interesting sounding stories, but then was disappointed when I found out they were BL games. Not that there's anything wrong with BL games, they're just not for me. No sense forcing myself through a game with content that doesn't appeal to me, regardless of how good the story. No BL on Steam though, as most are 18+.

Kagemusha

ModBot said:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.

Valdis Story -- MB-39FD0A9A2A28C576 - Taken by Diedac
The Dream Machine -- MB-F1727319821C92D2 - Taken by nightstorm
Back to Bed -- MB-33A38DC77885082C - Taken by anastef

I hear Hakuoki: Demon of the Fleeting Blossom is really good. Haven't tried it myself though.

On the Steam store, I'd go with Blue Rose. I played that one and I actually liked it a lot.

Both of those are safe.
I somehow own Blue Rose already and Hakuoki is cheap, so I'll take note of these. Thanks!
I've never played one myself, so I'm not the best to ask. Hatoful Boyfriend actually is an otome game.

As for the other genre. BL (Boys' Love) or yaoi. So basically pretty boys dating other pretty boys. Targeted towards girls, just as yuri (girlXgirl) games are targeted towards males. Not targeted towards gay males though--there's another genre for them--Bara. Yeah not interested. I've seen some games that had interesting sounding stories, but then was disappointed when I found out they were BL games. Not that there's anything wrong with BL games, they're just not for me. No sense forcing myself through a game with content that doesn't appeal to me, regardless of how good the story. No BL on Steam though, as most are 18+.
Yeah not interested either.

Diedac

ModBot said:
Instructions for Diedac:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:

Darkstone -- MB-3938DA4155591C7F - Taken by MaxiLive
Aveyond Gates of Night -- MB-C9BEAC07309C1225 - Taken by xGreg

L.O.R.D

if you have a laptop with an integrated and mobile GPU then you might need to shut off the integrated chip. Laptops that have the two different chipsets can have issues with certain games.

you can't shut down the intel card
but you can force the game to run on nvidia card , and that what i did
running the game on intel card will make the game run like a slow motion
its like when you turn on the slow motion on max payne , but its ON all the time

A nice gaffer offered up a free nvidia key so I was actually excited to play an Arkham game without having to wait a year or so for it to become reasonably priced.

So yeah, i'm still really grateful for the key but boy what a bummer

you can't shut down the intel card
but you can force the game to run on nvidia card , and that what i did
running the game on intel card will make the game run like a slow motion
its like when you turn on the slow motion on max payne , but its ON all the time

eh, i admit that i'm pretty ignorant on that stuff. I have an older laptop with a 555m in it but i never had issues as it was the only card on the machine. Just remember reading that laptops with integrated chips and a mobile GPU would sometimes have issues as some games would ignore the mobile GPU and use the integrated chip instead.

I dunno, maybe there's a driver update you can look for?

wingamestore doesn't even have Geometry Wars 3 listed on their site anymore. Mustve sold pretty well for them to have it completely wiped off the entirety of their website.

I don't know if it has started a meme but that one is gone but there is a 3.02 on the leaderboards. Donation: $25.

Yep, it's entirely possible, but to be fair it's pretty easy to miss. $25 is the default value, and that's enough to be in the leaderboard - which presents you with a form for your name, and this could easily be confused with Custom Amount.

This game is really good and has amazing music

Can't wait for a bundle that has it~

EDIT: The trailer seems to have remixed music, I hope the original OST is included...
EDIT2: Looks like it doesn't, at least I can't find anything. Hard to recommend without the original music honestly

I cant. Thats why i keep playing it, despite its issues. I've finished worse stuff, like drakengard 3.
I tried going back to it the other day to finish some challenges(did almost everything else, including the last bullshit ending) and good god it really does still run at around 10 FPS with drops to literally 0. What a technical abomination.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom