• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2015 II - Click the Monsters You Monster

Status
Not open for further replies.

Parsnip

As an AMD user...

Sad-GIF_1.gif

AMD users get exclusive indoor rain shaders?

I'm guessing I can't get a refund from Humble if I already redeemed a game? Valdis Story... I can't play this. Runs fine during normal levels, but I got to a boss, and the game can't seem to handle the graphical effects or something. And I've tried putting on every setting on low.

EDIT: Is the stutter intentional? Certain boss attacks will trigger it, what the hell. This is horrible. Who thought this would be a good idea in a fast-paced action title?
Is the first boss the one beginning with A (can't recall full name) that's the same size as you and throws fireballs, or is that just a mini-boss? No stutter for me, but I'm not sure if we're talking about the same thing. After beating that enemy, I got the hook a few minutes later.

Amazing game so far, BTW. Well worth the $3 and change the tier is still going for. Can't believe the price hasn't shot up more. People are idiots.

rtcn63

Is the first boss the one beginning with A (can't recall full name) that's the same size as you and throws fireballs, or is that just a mini-boss? No stutter for me, but I'm not sure if we're talking about the same thing. After beating that enemy, I got the hook a few minutes later.

Amazing game so far, BTW. Well worth the $3 and change the tier is still going for. Can't believe the price hasn't shot up more. People are idiots.

Lain experienced it too, but in a later boss. Let me know if you do once you get to the
Yeti
. I'm thinking it's a recent update, since the game worked fine for him before.

Lain experienced it too, but in a later boss. Let me know if you do once you get to the
Yeti
. I'm thinking it's a recent update, since the game worked fine for him before.
I'll let you know. How far away is the
yeti
from where I am?

If it helps, I didn't touch any settings, except changing from windowed to fullscreen.

Adventis

Yuusssss, thank god I didn't succumb to grabbing Valdis during the summer sale.

Humble Weekly get! Another one for the growing collection
I don't even buy games from anywhere else (bar steam sales) anymore ._.

RobertKJP, a community manager for MGSV: The Phantom Pain is taking suggestions for features to have in the PC version.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=169848020&postcount=1

http://steamcommunity.com/app/287700/discussions/0/530645446312560975/

RobertKJP said:
Feature/Option Feedback for Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain

Have you ever... loved someone?

I think at any time, any place, people can fall in love with each other. But if you love someone, you have to be able to protect them.

In my absense I've feared you've come unprotected--but no longer!

In a little over two months time we'll have a PC version of Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain, something we've been working on, but while we've been doing our best, and reading what feedback you've given thus far...let's do our best to funnel it all into this thread.

Tell us please, so that we can convey it to the development team hard at work on the PC version, what FEATURES and OPTIONS you want for the PC version of MGSV:TPP.

No guarrantees they'll all make it in, but this game is made for you, the fans of Metal Gear, who want an amazing experience on your home computer--so help us get you there.

I've been inside this community all along, waiting for the right time to awaken!

Likewise, if a feature can't be added, we'll do our best to explain why.

With that, thanks for listening, and hope you get to hear back from me very very soon.

-KJPDev

Backlogger

As an AMD user...

Sad-GIF_1.gif

Lol, I got an AMD card this time around and the heat didn't bother me until a couple weeks ago when it actually started to get hot (I live in Vegas). Its going to be a long summer... (to be fair, I think I would be feeling it with a Nvidia card too, its just too hot in my house).

r3n4ud

Get back to bed...GET!

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Back To Bed -- MB-D0829D643EF21171 - Taken by bloke

Jawmuncher

I did my part too =d

Now I did too ;)

Excellent

i'mma dabba doo

Did you?
http://steamcommunity.com/app/287700/discussions/0/530645446312724964/

VA-11 HALL-A: Cyberpunk Bartender Action

A cyberpunk game about dystopian life, bar-tending and..

waifus.

So now that SteamGAF's 2015 GOTY is wrapped up, I wonder what's going to be number 2?

Did this come out yet or is it still just a single chapter?

RAGE is a weird beast.

Shooting mechanics are great. So far only pistol but it feels nice.
But when you get mission dialogues the mouse gets crazy sensitive all of a sudden.

Cliffs, rocks and textures can look incredibly photorealistic from a distance
but up close it's astonishing how basic it can look.

Performance also is weird. I tried playing it but got constant stuttering no matter the settings. Only by adding and editing several info into config-files did I get rid of them. But then it was very smooth sailing with stable performance. Really great.

These guides are a must. Used a mix of all three guides in the end but the hassle was very well worth the effort.
RAGE Graphics Fix & High Res Textures
RAGE Stuttering Fix
RAGE Fix,settings

I'm liking the game so far and it's just the perfect thing for my current mindset; mindless shooting fun.

Milamber

Will we ever have a Bethesda Fallout/Elder Scrolls game fully playable with minimal game breaking bugs out of the gate?

I wanna Day one Fallout 4 but I don't like having stop/starts in my progression of the game waiting for patches to fix broken quests.

Hektor

Will we ever have a Bethesda Fallout/Elder Scrolls game fully playable with minimal game breaking bugs out of the gate?

I wanna Day one Fallout 4 but I don't like having stop/starts in my progression of the game waiting for patches to fix broken quests.

You just dont understand it, that's a metagame that adds to the adventure.

Khronico

Finished Metro 2033 (Redux ver).

+ The redux version is very well optimized. I had it mostly maxed out on an alienware alpha and it ran at a constant 60fps.
+ Gorgeous and atmospheric.
+ Very Stalker-esque, especially the above ground segments.
+ One of the most interesting post apocalyptic settings I have experienced.
+ Gunplay feels great and the ramshackle design of the custom guns is awesome.

- Very buggy. I had a bunch of great moments ruined by the AI scripting breaking and forcing me to restart from last checkpoint.
- Amoebas suuuuuuuuuuuuck

I highly recommend y'all play the series, both 2033 and last light are fantastic. If your the reading type, the book is also quite good (Metro 2033, NOT it's sequel).

NotSelf

Wow it's been ages since i've been here hi people!

ModBot said:
Instructions for NotSelf:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (NotSelf, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Valdis Story: Abyssal City -- MB-4668D11157DFAE15 - Taken by Ruruja. 7 entrants total.
7 Grand Steps: What Ancients Begat -- MB-E0C4C8F0BF8E442A - Taken by Milamber. 1 entrants total.

t1435275032z1.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom