• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2015 II - Click the Monsters You Monster

Status
Not open for further replies.
DMC4SE is a great addition with the new characters on PC. And it's a free giveaway, so why not take a stab at it?

DMC4SE does require higher specs, though. The game forces motion blur, depth of field, higher res textures, and MT Framework 2 based.
As someone who has played the original, I wholeheartedly agree with you.

Also, thanks for the impressive giveaway. :)

I think it will finally be worth it for you by the time it is out. Id have passed had I known it would come this soon. Enjoyed my time with it on XB1 though. It's not bad at all. Also did my share of Giant Bomb editing for Resident Evil Outbreak.
I hope so. Funny thing is I am big fan of spinoff Final Fantasy games rather than the main games, excluding 9. RE Outbreak is a game I wish Capcom would revisit, that game and it's sequel was just made one console generation too early. Also nice tag lol.

just get it an enjoy it. i know i will.

Here's hoping I like it.

Jawmuncher

I hope so. Funny thing is I am big fan of spinoff Final Fantasy games rather than the main games, excluding 9. RE Outbreak is a game I wish Capcom would revisit, that game and it's sequel was just made one console generation too early. Also nice tag lol.

Here's hoping I like it.

Outbreak was always ahead of the curve. Now would be the perfect time for it. Glad I got it back even if it changed lol.

You will. It has a lot of variety in playstyle,and it's certainly much better than FFXIII.

Im gonna be THAT guy and say I liked XIII more. But then again I have no qualms with XIII. XIII-2 on the other hand....

You will. It has a lot of variety in playstyle,and it's certainly much better than FFXIII.
I only played 13 off hand and watched a playthrough of it. Other than being pretty 13 kinda doesn't interest me to say the least lol.
Im gonna be THAT guy and say I liked XIII more. But then again I have no qualms with XIII. XIII-2 on the other hand....

There is some merit in 13, I can see why people like combat system (kinda) so I get that. I keep hearing how bad 13-2 is though and I never seen anything really of it, just bad songs from its OST. I hear that even people that loved 13 and Lightning Returns, say just play those 2 games and only read up 13-2.

Is it really that bad?

Jawmuncher

I only played 13 off hand and watched a playthrough of it. Other than being pretty 13 kinda doesn't interest me to say the least lol.

There is some merit in 13, I can see why people like combat system (kinda) so I get that. I keep hearing how bad 13-2 is though and I never seen anything really of it, just bad songs from its OST. I hear that even people that loved 13 and Lightning Returns, say just play those 2 games and only read up 13-2.

Is it really that bad?

It's just really a off kind of game to me. You can just feel it was made to recoup costs on 13. Not to mention its the oddest sequel I've ever had to chance to witness. Plus a lot of the new systems which are so odd or too different to like. Blood damage system in combat (that prevents from healing full?) why. Recruiting monsters as party members isn't as fun to me as just getting real party members. Story is even more nonsensical. It's really just all over the place for me. Most people who like it mainly enjoy it for the fact that there are side quests and it's more open than hallway 13.

I beat it in 20-25 hours I recall as well. Bought it on PC just to assure I would get Lightning Returns which I am still waiting on.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

The Dream Machine : Chapters 1-3 -- MB-098F447708FD70DF - Taken by rainking187
The Dream Machine : Chapter 4 -- MB-E26FDEC2430A65D5 - Taken by freshVeggie

Is it really that bad?

13-2 feels more like a typical anime I would say. It is not bad. The battle system is actually better than 13 and the missions are kinda cool. Also the time travel mechanics are cool. The areas in general are kinda small, so you have the same area three times, but in different times. They dont feel really different though.

For the asking price on Steam its a no brainer though.

The story is a bit of a mess though and really feels kinda childish.

Played RAGE for a couple hours. Man, combat is fast as heck! Really gets you pumped! One thing which is unique is how your ammo actually gets low during combat. Unlike other shooters ammo doesn't hold steadily by fallen enemies.
The weapon feedback is a bit too low for my taste though. A bit more omph would have been appreciated.
The moody atmosphere of the wasteland made me all moody though. Need something uplifting -_-'
untitled-1xnstr.gif
Dat gif. So bad yet so good.
-
Dope. Got ch.4 of Dream Machine. Thanks spindoctor! Only one ch. missing now.

It's just really a off kind of game to me. You can just feel it was made to recoup costs on 13. Not to mention its the oddest sequel I've ever had to chance to witness. Plus a lot of the new systems which are so odd or too different to like. Blood damage system in combat (that prevents from healing full?) why. Recruiting monsters as party members isn't as fun to me as just getting real party members. Story is even more nonsensical. It's really just all over the place for me. Most people who like it mainly enjoy it for the fact that there are side quests and it's more open than hallway 13.

I beat it in 20-25 hours I recall as well. Bought it on PC just to assure I would get Lightning Returns which I am still waiting on.

13-2 feels more like a typical anime I would say. It is not bad. The battle system is actually better than 13 and the missions are kinda cool. Also the time travel mechanics are cool. The areas in general are kinda small, so you have the same area three times, but in different times. They dont feel really different though.

For the asking price on Steam its a no brainer though.

The story is a bit of a mess though and really feels kinda childish.

I see. The recruiting monsters thing sounds about as tacked on as it was for Tales of Symphonia 2. It's just an odd game, I get ya.

Toukiden: Kiwami just released, for anyone interested.

Price a bit too much for me and I am kind of weary of KT games on Steam at the moment.

EDIT: Case in point of what lashman linked above.

What the fuck is up with Japanese developers singling out perfectly capable cards and saying their game won't run properly on them? Second time this has happened this month.

Terra_Ex

What the fuck is up with Japanese developers singling out perfectly capable cards and saying their game won't run properly on them? Second time this has happened this month.
I think Steam needs a new dedicated tag to easily identify these "quality" Japanese ports, call it "please understand" or something. The criteria to use this hallowed tag being:
-(ideally) should be a late port
-must have a batshit insane price tag to match the above
-must have various compatibility issues with modern GPUs

Bonus points if there are limited/no resolution options.

I think Steam needs a new dedicated tag to easily identify these "quality" Japanese ports, call it "please understand" or something. The criteria to use this hallowed tag being:
-(ideally) should be a late port
-must have a batshit insane price tag to match the above
-must have various compatibility issues with modern GPUs

Bonus points if there are limited/no resolution options.

I'm for this.

I wait for the game that gets ported where the resolutions are simply Small, Medium, and Large.

tmarg

Running in compatibility mode seems like a simple enough work around until they get it fixed.

Price is way to high for a late port of a MH clone though. I'll probably pick it up at ~50% off, just because there isn't really anything else in the genre on PC.

FLD

header.jpg

Shame about the PC Port. Would be cool if they reworked the HD edition to PC.

Definitely. I'm kinda bummed out they did 4 instead of this one. I really hope they go back to it next. I've been tempted to grab the current PC version many times but I keep hearing that it's complete garbage. :(

Price is way to high for a late port of a MH clone though. I'll probably pick it up at ~50% off, just because there isn't really anything else in the genre on PC.

That is always the case with KT games. I mean we get those games at a later date and they expect us to pay 50% for that.

Then I check the Ghostlight Games or Neptunia which is 30$ (and 15$ during its release).
I dont want to pay 50$ for something that might be 20-25$ in 2-3 months.

Turfster

Ugh, apparently Dishonored 2 is going to run on idTech 5.
Hello texture pop-in central.

Hope that image was just a quickie internet mockup.

To be fair, it was made by two people in like two months. It's amazing they were able to do what they did, as janky as it is.

Also, it launched at $5 and goes on sale from that price all the time.

Ah didn't know that. Never really played Binding of Isaac, not my kinda game.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

I7Ufybq.png

Mystery Game #1 -- MB-A5C5BCB1D4271D1B - Taken by Messiah

Ugh, apparently Dishonored 2 is going to run on idTech 5.
Hello texture pop-in central.
Is that still a problem with that engine after all these years? With some minor .cnfg edits I got rid of texture pop-in completely. Maybe they'll fix that problem with their engine?

L.O.R.D

SS1-620x.jpg

man, i really want to play this game
how sega broke this game is beyond me
this was the only game i play on my phone , and now i can't
we this need an internet connection ?

original.jpg

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.

lol those "hot" fires and the secret poop get me every time

EDIT: Also, I think this is the longest I've seen a mystery giveaway go unclaimed... You guys are making me want to tempt my fate (though I won't because I'm sure I already have whatever it is)

Yes. But what if this one time it's not?!

I bite myself in the ass if its Toukiden ;)

Very interested in Toukiden: Kiwami reviews. Never played a "Monster Hunter" game but I'm intrigued by the idea of boss-only-fights.

Toukiden isnt actually a MH game. It feels like a mix between MH and a Musou game. MH games are kinda slow, while Toukiden has a faster pace and is generally far easier from what I have played of it before.

BruteUA

lol those "hot" fires and the secret poop get me every time

EDIT: Also, I think this is the longest I've seen a mystery giveaway go unclaimed... You guys are making me want to tempt my fate (though I won't because I'm sure I already have whatever it is)

Iosefe usually takes the bullet for us. He might be out playing with his Alienware friends right now, someone page him please.

- Nevermind, it's gone.

tmarg

Toukiden isnt actually a MH game. It feels like a mix between MH and a Musou game. MH games are kinda slow, while Toukiden has a faster pace and is generally far easier from what I have played of it before.

I wouldn't call MH slow. More deliberate. You certainly can't spam things.

Musou, huh? That's actually a genre I am not into, haha :p
But I'll gladly change my opinion when TK managed to make it fun for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom