• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2015 II - Click the Monsters You Monster

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jawmuncher

I see. Yeah this looks kinda dated compared to the upcoming one.
So I take it that the Sphere of Influence is the 14th game of the series.

Love your new avatar, btw.

Thank winter demons made it on twitter. Loved it so much I had to use it. Still waiting on them to show up in the thread, they haven't noticed I'm using it yet.

Thank winter demons made it on twitter. Loved it so much I had to use it. Still waiting on them to show up in the thread, they haven't noticed I'm using it yet.

Glad that you like the drawing! Been mostly lurking since I'm dealing with the results of yesterday's procrastination and lack of productivity, lol.

What's this? They're stealth releasing a Japanese only Nobunaga's Ambition?

Sphere of Influence (English) is due on September 4. Or is it the same game?

It was stated earlier that they were releasing one of these on Steam but hmm this seems rushed? I am not too sure. Really confused why it's not translated.

Jawmuncher

Fear Effect 1 and 2 remasters. Who's with me?

Ummm YES! But apparently the legal stuff is a pain.

hqdefault.jpg

I didn't want to post the other Yuri image they used to advertise the game. Even for such a old game it's quite risqué.

Key is for chapters 1-3, will PM key for chapter 4 to the winner.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (NingenJanai, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

The Dream Machine: Chapters 1-4 -- MB-2668C38A40540693 - Taken by GaussTek. 2 entrants total.

t1435292914z1.png

Locust

What is up with Fear Effect anyway? I see they're on EU PSN but not US.

Loved those games, too bad there's no PC version either.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Fear Effect 1 and 2 remasters. Who's with me?

I'd love to play these again without the horribly aged graphics where the characters looked completely out of place.

EDIT: like, what the hell?

wilflare

two questions

(1) SteamID Authorizations - Is there a page where we can manage which sites have been given access?

(2) Latest HB Weekly - I'm only missing Dream Chapter 5, Deep Under the Sky and 7 Grand Steps - should I pay the extra for the +1?

King of Kung Fu OST is free for one week to celebrate the official release of the game. So if you already own the game you might as well get the soundtrack.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
(1) SteamID Authorizations - Is there a page where we can manage which sites have been given access?

Nope. When you use Steam's "Sign in with Steam" you're really just performing a one time account authorization with the other site. Quite literally the other site is just verifying with Steam that you are indeed the owner of the account that's signed in. The only thing that gets returned to the site is your Steam64 ID.

If you're worried about privacy concerns on these sites, the only thing you can really do is make your Steam profile private or "friends only". A site with your Steam64 ID can do any lookup in the API that would return data that's publicly available on your profile.

The sites that you've "authorized" have no special authority or permissions and only have access to your public information on Steam.

Jawmuncher

two questions

(1) SteamID Authorizations - Is there a page where we can manage which sites have been given

(2) Latest HB Weekly - I'm only missing Dream Chapter 5, Deep Under the Sky and 7 Grand Steps - should I pay the extra for the +1?
1)Jshackles answered that
2)I would lurk this thread for a chance to get it and if not closer to the end of the bundle then get it.

They were really bad in it.

Also, turns out the internet lied to me again.
Apparently, Dishonored 2 runs on the Void engine.

Mainly because they tried to make tank controls more then they were. Still manageable though. Specific spots to stand in though to save was pretty annoying though.

jshackles

(I totally loved Fear Effect, but going back to it now, the tank controls really are horribad)

I recently played through MediEvil (another great PS1 classic) and was shocked at how terrible the controls were. Just... frustratingly bad. It's funny how some games age.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
paging JaseC

- do mods like this http://store.steampowered.com/app/317400/ appear in your Steam Library?

- and... is there anyway to unhide a "Hidden" game on your Steam Library? I see that Arkham City is hidden for me

1) Yes. Mods are actually games are as far as Steam is concerned.
2) Hiding a game adds a "Hidden" category to the Library drop-down box that sits opposite the search bar. Navigate to that, right-click the game, select "Set category" and untick "Hide this game in my library".

Truly a game worth your time

ModBot said:
Instructions for MrTeachwell:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste. Your giveaway will be automatically reposted on your behalf.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (MrTeachwell, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

valdis story -- MB-C0ED838C23ACD6B4 - Taken by bobnowhere. 14 entrants total.

t1435307621z1.png

wilflare

Nope. When you use Steam's "Sign in with Steam" you're really just performing a one time account authorization with the other site. Quite literally the other site is just verifying with Steam that you are indeed the owner of the account that's signed in. The only thing that gets returned to the site is your Steam64 ID.

If you're worried about privacy concerns on these sites, the only thing you can really do is make your Steam profile private or "friends only". A site with your Steam64 ID can do any lookup in the API that would return data that's publicly available on your profile.

The sites that you've "authorized" have no special authority or permissions and only have access to your public information on Steam.

thanks jshackles! appreciate the explanation
so there's no way to like reset the authorizations or see who I have authorized right?

(but other than that, based on what you've mentioned, it's safe and nothing bad should happen?)

1)Jshackles answered that
2)I would lurk this thread for a chance to get it and if not closer to the end of the bundle then get it.

hope the BTA goes down lol but all it seems to be is go up

1) Yes. Mods are actually games are as far as Steam is concerned.
2) Hiding a game adds a "Hidden" category to the Library drop-down box that sits opposite the search bar. Navigate to that, right-click the game, select "Set category" and untick "Hide this game in my library".

thanks JaseC! haha I actually forgot that I set all these games to be Hidden... I thought Steam automatically does it now :/

hmm - I can't find that game in my Steam Library though

Coldsun

Banned
thanks jshackles! appreciate the explanation
so there's no way to like reset the authorizations or see who I have authorized right?

Correct, there is no way to reset an authorization because it's a 1 time authorization. All they received was your steamid (64). The same info that can be easily gotten without you logging in. So really, the only thing you did was tell the site that "hey, im the owner of the id 'blah'.

Hence, there would be nothing to reset as your authorization isn't an ongoing thing unless you log in again which would then just say to the site 'hey, im the owner of id blah, im here again'.

Could they show who you've authorized in the past. Sure, but why? There's nothing to revoke or anything else.

wilflare

It's living up to its name and concealing its true identity.

lol wait. sorry I was referring to the mod Portal Stories: Mel or something
I can't find it in the library

let me rephrase - do mods have to stay installed to appear in the library?
you can't just add them and keep them there?

Correct, there is no way to reset an authorization because it's a 1 time authorization. All they received was your steamid (64). The same info that can be easily gotten without you logging in. So really, the only thing you did was tell the site that "hey, im the owner of the id 'blah'.

Hence, there would be nothing to reset as your authorization isn't an ongoing thing unless you log in again which would then just say to the site 'hey, im the owner of id blah, im here again'.

Could they show who you've authorized in the past. Sure, but why? There's nothing to revoke or anything else.

I see. thanks - so to rephrase it in something I understand
it's like a one-time cookie - once I clear my cookies, I'll have to re-login.../re-authorise right?

Coldsun

Banned

I see. thanks - so to rephrase it in something I understand
it's like a one-time cookie - once I clear my cookies, I'll have to re-login.../re-authorise right?

Yeah, thats a fine way of looking at it.

JaseC

Games added to your account via Free on Demand subs only remain in your library when uninstalled if you own DLC for them.

JaseC

ah I see...
guess it won't count if the DLC is also free I suppose?
(the mod comes with a free DLC sub soundtrack)

Free DLC does the trick, too. The only Ghost Recon F2P DLC I own is that which Ubi temporarily offered for free.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of MrTeachwell, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (MrTeachwell, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

valdis story -- MB-C0ED838C23ACD6B4 - Taken by bobnowhere. 14 entrants total.

t1435307621z1.png

read this thread from post #219 until end

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=169896533#post169896533

you can thank me afterwards

lol

I am doing a lot of research on NASA, the supposed Moon landings and a lot of other pertinent stuff. I'm very skeptical of NASA. How many people know that NASA hired a lot of Nazis in Project Paperclip, ran by high level Freemasons, and was associated with a satanist, Jack Parson, who wanted to create the Antichrist? There is just a whole lot of stuff about NASA I have come across which makes me think NASA can't be trusted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom