• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2015 II - Click the Monsters You Monster

Status
Not open for further replies.
Noob Question: I want to play some games using a controller, is it possible? At least for a PS3 controller?

I want to actually play KOF2002U, using a keyboard is terrible. :c

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
How many cards are in it? That said though that seems really odd. It shouldn't take that long.

There are five drops and it seems developers can no longer set their own drop times -- it's two hours across the board due to the refund system.

There are five drops and it seems developers can no longer set their own drop times -- it's two hours across the board due to the refund system.

They should make it so that after the 2 hours you get all the cards instantly, at least that way wouldn't be so bad.

JaseC

It's just DMC4. I think it's just 2 hour delay added before any drop.
Other games are still somewhat acceptable.

A two-hour initial delay followed by the developer's own desired drop time would definitely be ideal (well, as ideal as possible given the circumstances). I'll try to remember to experiment with some random game later.

Jawmuncher

A two-hour initial delay followed by the developer's own desired drop time would definitely be ideal (well, as ideal as possible given the circumstances). I'll try to remember to experiment with some random game later.

Definitely the best way to go about it currently. No one needs to be forced a default way too long idle time on a +1

Tizoc

Noob Question: I want to play some games using a controller, is it possible? At least for a PS3 controller?

I want to actually play KOF2002U, using a keyboard is terrible. :c

oF COurse you can use controllers, PS3, Wii U or PS4.
There are software which can be used for that.
Far as PS3 goes
ds3-tool.en.softonic.com/
I've had DS3 Tool installed on my lappy in case I gotta use a PS3 controller.

Yes you can use a PS3 controller, though I hope someone else can chime in. Since I know motion joy isn't the one to use. I always have trouble finding the right program.

Believe BetterDS3 was it
http://betterds3.ciebiera.net/

oF COurse you can use controllers, PS3, Wii U or PS4.
There are software which can be used for that.
Far as PS3 goes
ds3-tool.en.softonic.com/
I've had DS3 Tool installed on my lappy in case I gotta use a PS3 controller.

Thank you all! :D But now... Which one is the best to use? :V

Tizoc

I'd love to play these again without the horribly aged graphics where the characters looked completely out of place.

EDIT: like, what the hell?

I don't see anything wrong with those characters.

Then again if you watched enough animes and played a bunch of Japanese games, you won't have a problem with 'out of place'.

Fear Effect 1 and 2 remasters. Who's with me?

You have my axe, my sword, my bow, my shield, and my nukes.

Tizoc

Thank you all! :D But now... Which one is the best to use? :V

Hmm I'll be home in 2-3 hours time, I'll pm you the one I use since it is similar to the PS4 controller program I use which was very good.

Do not install motionjoy as that one causes problems IIRC.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
I have Batman Knight on my purchased list and I've yet to play it. It's killing me because the game looks awesome. Damned Nvidia promo code.

Yeah, I don't know what I'm doing. :|

Hmm I'll be home in 2-3 hours time, I'll pm you the one I use since it is similar to the PS4 controller program I use which was very good.

Do not install motionjoy as that one causes problems IIRC.

Oh. Well, I'll definitely be uninstalling that now.

Tizoc

Aw yeah son, the pigeon pimp is back AND playable
1nRPmiA.png

Can't wait for OP Musou 3 X3

Tizoc

Card idling does seem to take much longer than before, or maybe I'm just imagining things.

No with the introduction of refunds, card drop times have altered, I had Idle master running for 6 hours to get drops from Batman AK one time and I only got 3 cards in that time.

Jshackles is working on it, if anything I suspect he could make it so drops become more frequent after the 2 or 3 hour mark.

Tektonic

Jshackles is working on it, if anything I suspect he could make it so drops become more frequent after the 2 or 3 hour mark.

I thought idlemaster just "runs" the game, it doesn't change drop time, that's Steam or the dev. Although I can be corrected ;)

So I bought 30 "happy creep" emoticons from the Summer Sale, just so I could turn them into gems, just so I could craft 4 Sakura Spirit booster packs, just so I can sell them for an extra 0.20 cents each. I regret nothing.

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell

I think what he is trying to do is that IdleMaster idles a bunch of games at once till the two hour mark and after that idles one at a time to get the drops.

Could work, but I don't know if that would maybe a bit too much and Valve won't be happy with that :p

JaseC

So I bought 30 "happy creep" emoticons from the Summer Sale, just so I could turn them into gems, just so I could craft 4 Sakura Spirit booster packs, just so I can sell them for an extra 0.20 cents each. I regret nothing.

Sounds like something a crazy rabbit would do.

Edit: Looks like We Happy Few is going to make it after all, as some said the other day. I'll have to remember to pledge at the alpha access tier come Monday. This'll be the first Kickstarter I've backed since Carmageddon Reincarnation.

Edit: Looks like We Happy Few is going to make it after all, as some said the other day. I'll have to remember to pledge at the alpha access tier come Monday. This'll be the first Kickstarter I've backed since Carmageddon Reincarnation.

The only KS's I've backed to date are Yooka-Laylee and Bard's Tale IV. Waiting until the end of the Shenmue 3 KS (and to check my finances) to see if it's worth investing in the collector's edition.

Tizoc

I think what he is trying to do is that IdleMaster idles a bunch of games at once till the two hour mark and after that idles one at a time to get the drops.

Could work, but I don't know if that would maybe a bit too much and Valve won't be happy with that :p

Well if the refund period is to pla less than 2 hours of a game, it shouldn't be an issue.
Furthermore, doesn't Steam now state that if you get cards drops or sell cards you earn that you cannot refund a game?

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell
Well if the refund period is to pla less than 2 hours of a game, it shouldn't be an issue.
Furthermore, doesn't Steam now state that if you get cards drops or sell cards you earn that you cannot refund a game?

I'm more concerned about the idling, lets say, 30 games at once part... But I'm probably just a bit paranoid about this :p

Zafir

how's Toukiden: Kiwami, price tag is a little high but the mechanics look rad.

any impressions? here's a few screens :

0AwRKrb.jpg

87Hzk4S.jpg

uweV9Rm.jpg

I enjoyed what I played of it on Vita. Plays very much like a MH game, but the combat is more fast paced. It had more story than MH too, if that's something you're interested in.

Can't comment on the PC port of course. I'd get it myself but £45 for a game I already own? No thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom