• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2015 II - Click the Monsters You Monster

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kiru

So very short games still only drop cards after 2 hours ? If so... that really sucks for all people who legit play their games and want to be done with it after they've seen the credits... :/

Mr. Doop

So very short games still only drop cards after 2 hours ? If so... that really sucks for all people who legit play their games and want to be done with it after they've seen the credits... :/

I'm still not exactly sure how it works, but I'm pretty sure that after the first two hours, you have to wait for the regular card drop times.

wilflare

okie so I messed up with GameSave Manager...
and almost destroyed all my saves...

so I uninstalled all my games, Steam as well...
and now I have more questions

(1) Uplay - why do games NOT installed on my system still show as installed? do they do cloud saves as well?

(2) nVidia Game Profiles/Inspector - do they get removed when the said game is removed? how do owe back those up? :/

Lain

You will. It has a lot of variety in playstyle,and it's certainly much better than FFXIII.

Highly unlikely to be true for me. FFXIII is one of the best FF games I played gameplay wise. Type-0 is made by the dude that made Crisis Core, one of the least enjoyable Final Fantasy games I played. So I expect Type-0 to be kinda mediocre when it comes to gameplay.

Highly unlikely to be true for me. FFXIII is one of the best FF games I played gameplay wise. Type-0 is made by the dude that made Crisis Core, one of the least enjoyable Final Fantasy games I played. So I expect Type-0 to be kinda mediocre when it comes to gameplay.
I liked crisis core. >_>

200.gif

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (bobnowhere, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

Royal Defense -- MB-C68FD857FC2998F7 - Taken by gurm3n
Frankenstein Master of Death -- MB-9B0B286DD5E0122E - Taken by NingenJanai

Lain

I liked crisis core. >_>

I really couldn't manage to like it in the end. Started off on a good note but the more I played the more I disliked the recycling in the quests/missions stages and the gameplay itself with the... reel?.
Not expecting much from Type-0 (I had big expectations on Crisis Core) maybe will do it in reverse and I'll end loving it.
I do expect a good OST on Type-0 though, on par with CC at least (CC OST was some good stuff).

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
why is Tales from the Borderlands so good? Just finished episode 1 and it might be the best thing telltale has done (well modern Telltale at least)... and its using the fucking Borderlands universe of all things. Remind me (us?) to never judge games by their announcement again o_O

D

Deleted member 98878

Unconfirmed Member
Enjoying Game of Thrones so far, the artstyle is really cool, I especially like the painted look on textures and background.

Can't wait to start it. But I have to finish Witcher 2 first...

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
so is that going to be a Telltale style game?

I actually thought they were just working on a story mode FOR Minecraft, like an add on or something. How will a Minecraft game even work? you know what, after Blands, I shouldnt ask that. Fuck it, let em do what they do

Jawmuncher

All that money and no 1&2 remasters. Even with the legal mumbo jumbo they could probably sort it out.

I actually thought they were just working on a story mode FOR Minecraft, like an add on or something. How will a Minecraft game even work? you know what, after Blands, I shouldnt ask that. Fuck it, let em do what they do

Yep it's a TT style game in the mine craft universe.

I really couldn't manage to like it in the end. Started off on a good note but the more I played the more I disliked the recycling in the quests/missions stages and the gameplay itself with the... reel?.
Not expecting much from Type-0 (I had big expectations on Crisis Core) maybe will do it in reverse and I'll end loving it.
I do expect a good OST on Type-0 though, on par with CC at least (CC OST was some good stuff).
Oh, the gameplay is a huge improvement. I disliked the map thing in type 0,but the gameplay is really good IMO, though some enemies could be better designed.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Are the stretch goals for Shenmue explained in more detail on the kickstarter page? Right now they are very opaque

Jawmuncher

They're not going to remaster someone else's game. That's something SEGA would have to initiate.

No I was just saying in the grand scheme of things. With this much they could have talked to sega about it. "Hey if we reach this we'll pay you X amount for it" pipe dream I know since it's the SH3 KS. But still a lot of people like me who are just sitting here with no real reason to back.

Its going to be a standard modern Telltale game with the Mindcraft IP. Which boggles the mind. There taking an ip with next to no story and infinite game play, and translating it to something that is all story and no game play. I hope its aimed at children. My kids can't get enough minecraft.

More pinball on steam. Excellent!

No I was just saying in the grand scheme of things. With this much they could have talked to sega about it. "Hey if we reach this we'll pay you X amount for it" pipe dream I know since it's the SH3 KS. But still a lot of people like me who are just sitting here with no real reason to back.

Yeah I'd like to see a remaster as well, but I'm not betting on SEGA doing cool things anymore these days. VC was cool, but there wasn't really anything after that so far.

MUnited83

For you.

Why would they do that? It's entirely SEGA's responsability. Hell, they have the damn things ready already. The only thing they need to do is fix them up for next-gen and sort whatever license trouble they were having.

why is Tales from the Borderlands so good? Just finished episode 1 and it might be the best thing telltale has done (well modern Telltale at least)... and its using the fucking Borderlands universe of all things. Remind me (us?) to never judge games by their announcement again o_O

I haven't played the new episode but it's definitely the best thing Telltale have done in a long while.

Jawmuncher

Why would they do that? It's entirely SEGA's responsability. Hell, they have the damn things ready already. The only thing they need to do is fix them up for next-gen and sort whatever license trouble they were having.

True it's segas, but it would still ultimately benefit Shenmue 3 more than anything.

All thosw stretch goals that wont be reached.

With Paypal, maybe. The way it is right now, I'd expect it to cap out at $6-7 million.

They need to get in some social media achievements, explain clearly what the structure of these goals are (because some of them, like Portuguese subtitles/the "magic maze" aren't explained at all) and give the rabid fanbase a plan of attack to drive visibility. If I have to pull up an old interview to understand what the "rapport" system is, they haven't done their job properly.

MUnited83

For you.
I wouldn't believe that rumour. They would have been digital only games after all, there was no reason for SEGA not to release them if they were done.

License issues with songs. They deemed that it was not worth the cost to fix that because they thought it wouldn't sell enough to compensate for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom