• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2015 II - Click the Monsters You Monster

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I want to loose a game from my account. But Batman is a party-pooper.

Wait, Arkham Knight? When looking for the refund option, you clicked "A Purchase" and not "Games, Software, etc", right?

Edit: To clarify, the app still being somewhat hidden due to the section_type = ownersonly flag meant it wouldn't show as an owned product on the Steam Help site, which strikes me as a quite the oversight.

Wait, Arkham Knight? When looking for the refund option, you clicked "A Purchase" and not "Games, Software, etc", right?
Oh no, no, no. I meant all the Batman kerfuffle with refunds and such probably relegated my request of removal for Borderlands DE to the afterburner.

wilflare

another question on game saves

if I use both Steam Cloud and GameSave Manager,
would they end up overwriting each other, corrupting each other
resulting in my computer exploding?

-- but yes, how would it work if I have both Steam Cloud ON and GameSave Manager Sync and Link ON with Dropbox

Deques

Missing 4. Will get on happy hour when the whole full bundle will cost me less than 1.5$

There are happy hours for Friday bundles too?

-- but yes, how would it work if I have both Steam Cloud ON and GameSave Manager Sync and Link ON with Dropbox

The save files won't corrupt each other.
Let's say you download X game and it has Steam Cloud support then the save files will be downloaded from the cloud. If you decide to use GameSave Manager files instead you can overwrite your downloaded cloud files and once you start the game and close the game the save files will be uploaded to the cloud

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

No. Steam Cloud uploads to Valve's servers; GameSave Manager uploads to your cloud service of choice and/or saves the archives locally. If there's a mismatch between what you saved with Steam Cloud and what you saved with GSM, Steam will let you know and give you the option of either downloading your Steam Cloud files or overwriting them.

Volimar

Sorry for off topic but...

In case you're all deeply entrenched in your games, The US Supreme Court just made gay marriage legal across the country. It's kind of a big deal.

hBSqram.gif

MUnited83

For you.
There are happy hours for Friday bundles too?

Let's say you download X game and it has Steam Cloud support then the save files will be downloaded from the cloud. If you decide to use GameSave Manager files instead you can overwrite your downloaded cloud files and once you start the game and close the game the save files will be uploaded to the cloud

Friday bundles run for two weeks, so yeah.

Parsnip

Fear Effect 1 and 2 remasters. Who's with me?

Ummm YES! But apparently the legal stuff is a pain.

hqdefault.jpg

I didn't want to post the other Yuri image they used to advertise the game. Even for such a old game it's quite risqué.

Sign me up.
I always assumed that there was probably some legal weirdness with Fear Effect since Kronos tried to shop it around after Eidos axed the 3rd game, but it seems like when Kronos folded all of it went to Eidos, and now Square of course.
Also a reminder, First Eidos IPs made available via Square Enix Collective, includes Fear Effect.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.

In case you're all deeply entrenched in your games, The US Supreme Court just made gay marriage legal across the country. It's kind of a big deal.

hBSqram.gif

Your mistake is in the phrasing. Tell everyone here that they now have the right to marry their waifus and husbandos and you'll be on-topic.

ExoSoul

Banned
"You're not a winner, you can try again after 1 minute"

BS

Winnersdon'tdodrugslogo.jpeg

For work I help tutor kids in an SAT prep course and today they're taking a practice test. I have a morning group and afternoon group so basically Im getting paid to kick-it. What are some good time-wasters that wouldn't be blocked by school internet? HBOGO works but I can only watch so much. I also have Leviathan chillin on my laptop so I'll probably get around to that. I didnt want to bring my mouse to play vidya because that would've just been too ridiculous and something terrible might happen because of how sweet I have it,

Nordicus

So, I started playing Giana Sisters, and the game's a bit old now, right?

How the heck does it have a bug that allows infinite walljumps on right-hand walls? I discovered that within first 5 minutes of the game.

fantomena

I know! Saved Health care, confederate flags are coming down, and same sex marriages. It's like we are in the 21st century. I'm sure we will have something backwards to counterbalance this soon.

The salthy tears and anger from republicans, conservatives, Fox News and other religious bigots is extremely tasty right now.

wilflare

No. Steam Cloud uploads to Valve's servers; GameSave Manager uploads to your cloud service of choice and/or saves the archives locally. If there's a mismatch between what you saved with Steam Cloud and what you saved with GSM, Steam will let you know and give you the option of either downloading your Steam Cloud files or overwriting them.

thanks guys :D you have made my transition back to PC gaming smoother <3

glad to know that Steam Cloud is smart enough to check for mismatches...
I'm just worried that either of them (Steam Cloud or GSM) end up overwriting my new save with an old save... lol = gg

EDIT: JaseC - Wolf:TNO doesn't support Steam Cloud anymore?
EDIT2: There's no point in backing up those compressed screenshots within Steam's own folders right? lol that's something I always forget to backup

BS

Same here. Can't win a crappy game, time to call it a day.

AHA-Lambda

Ten minutes into Dreamfall Chapters 3, the gameplay is simply garbage, here.
I'm not liking Chapters. Until now, there were like ten minutes really interesting that actually provided some info about the plot itself. The rest, is just doing some random and boring tasks around.
But hey, since the gameplay was too good, why do not introducing pixel hunt in chapter 3? Why not, it's a good idea, right? Expecially if your engine doesn't trigger point of interest if you are not in the exact spot. I wandered 40 minutes into ONE room, just to trigger a spot.

Urgh, I haven't played the new chapter yet cos of playing AK but fuck sake at that pixel hunting.

I only got into the dreamfall series relatively recently and gameplay has never been a strong suit of them, it's story that makes it.
But god damn it, DC is probably the worst to play of the 3 games (a couple great 90s style shitty puzzles to boot!) and the episodic stop start nature of the story ain't doing it any favours either! The first episode is practically pointless outside of reintroducing the characters after Dreamfall's cliffhanger.

Maniac

Banned

hBSqram.gif

Welcome to western civilization, USA. About time you joined us.

Wait, abortion and birth-control isn't... Okay, nevermind. Ya'll are still behind. Get out of our club!

On the plus side this means I could go to the US & A(yy lmao) and marry Morningbus, so I've got that going for me, which is nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom