• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2015 II - Click the Monsters You Monster

Status
Not open for further replies.

A Fish Aficionado

I am going to make it through this year if it kills me
Fingergate

late to that party
sebastianvettel1.jpg

saoirse looking a bit more like gillian anderson in jasec avy

Arthea

I'm almost positive Valve considered this. Any increase in prices means additional revenue for them. It's easy to manipulate supply and demand when you control scarcity.

We probably should do math before speculating, but as I'm too lazy for that, I don't really see them benefiting from this, prices unlikely will rise two times, to compensate for ~50% lost sales. OTOH maybe they will, we will see in half a year or so.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
That's true, but there are also a lot of games that take less than two hours to complete meaning the average Steam user won't get any "free money" cards at all.

That's a fair point.

I'm not talking about people not wanting money, I'm talking there will be twice less cards on the market during the same periods of time, because it is not possible for them to get on the marked at some rate than before, and as steam levels are limitless, people still will be leveling, only with less cards on the market, meaning prices will rise, what also result in lesser sales and longer times to sell cards. You know, for every action, there is an equal and opposite reaction.

Sometimes I think Valve tends to not to think things through, they find an easiest solution and jump on it, then again, maybe I'm not seeing the whole picture.

What I mean is that I don't expect demand outstripping supply to become the general rule.

DMC Sequel to not be tied to DMC4SE sales.

http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=1071071&page=100000#footer

We're at the point where a new game is practically confirmed. I'll be amazed if it's not at TGS.

Best news i've heard all day.

Thanks!

DMC4SE is really fun guys.... lots of content, runs nice..

consider grabbing it if you are a fan of the series :)

having so much fun with it who knows when I'll get to Chroma Squad
Damn straight it is! The new playable characters adds tons of fun to it!

Ozium

Salsa

Slow-west-poster.jpg

IcantbelieveitsnotSaoirse.jpeg

I've played a bit of Doorkickers and I liked it but at the same time found it hard to get into at first. It's like im not really getting a hold of all the moves or benig precisely meticulus about the scenarios as a result but still winning them by just going in and shootbangin

guessing that'll end soon tho

Arthea

What I mean is that I don't expect demand outstripping supply to become the general rule.

How often do you visit the card market? At this point there are many games that have less than 100 cards of one type on the market, and bellow 50 position "insane" prices begin.
For example Deja vu has ~20-30 cards of one type with ~5 sold daily, let's say it remained constant over the time before change, now imagine that number dropping to ~10-15 cards. You honestly believe the price will remain the same? That makes no sense from economical point of view.
What I mean, prices won't change until cards gotten before the change are sold out, then it will definitely rise. Unless there is method skipping extra 2 hours that I'm not aware of.
There is another solution: all devs decrease drop times drastically, it might happen, but so far it's not happening.
Or most sensible solution, which I wish Valve implemented from the start: 2 hours are added only while a game is less than 2 weeks old in your library, after it's back to normal drop rate that devs added.
BTW lately most new games have much longer drop times from devs too, or I am imagining things.

edited: Sansa, could you kindly learn to quote enormous pics? That's not hard, you know

JaseC

How often do you visit the card market? At this point there are many games that have less than 100 cards of one type on the market, and bellow 50 position "insane" prices begin.
For example Deja vu has ~20-30 cards of one type with ~5 sold daily, let's say it remained constant over the time before change, now imagine that number dropping to ~10-15 cards. You honestly believe the price will remain the same? That makes no sense from economical point of view.
What I mean, prices won't change until cards gotten before the change are sold out, then it will definitely rise. Unless there is method skipping extra 2 hours that I'm not aware of.
There is another solution: all devs decrease drop times drastically, it might happen, but so far it's not happening.
Or most sensible solution, which I wish Valve implemented from the start: 2 hours are added only while a game is less than 2 weeks old in your library, after it's back to normal drop rate that devs added.
BTW lately most new games have much longer drop times from devs too, or I am imagining things.

You're conflating what I said with "I don't expect demand outstripping supply to happen at all".

http://eu.alienwarearena.com/forums...event-on-alienware-s-twitch-channel-june-26th

Is this how Alienware giveaways work on Twitch? If so, I can skip it I think.

Usually you just have to be logged in on Twitch, following the channel and be in chat for the giveaways which consist of mainly codes. Since today is the last Friday of the month, they're giving out a bunch of physical prizes such a gaming gear along with codes. These giveaways require ATP (AlienWare Twitch Points) which you get by idling in the chat on the channel.

Arthea

You're conflating what I said with "I don't expect demand outstripping supply to happen at all".

OK, kindly explain me how it is possible for all people getting two time less cards daily keep amount of cards in the market at same level, as not to shift supply-demand balance we have now, I'm all ears.
... unless you are saying that most cards don't sell, while mine are selling even after the sale. That might have something to do with people anticipating price increase, but still, they sell.

Khronico

I've played a bit of Doorkickers and I liked it but at the same time found it hard to get into at first. It's like im not really getting a hold of all the moves or benig precisely meticulus about the scenarios as a result but still winning them by just going in and shootbangin

guessing that'll end soon tho

Tips:

1. M1911 is hands down the best point man pistol. Buy it and use it immediately.
2. Use snake cam for every room, don't go in blind.
3. Positioning is key. Make sure your team has a clear line of fire of possible enemy positions. One way to do this is to assign each team member a sector to cover during moving or room clearing.
4. Have a general plan in mind before executing the mission.
5. Use incremental steps during room clearing.
6014869864BEAA15EC7A0DEEC244CE084F274D38

6. The area in front of a door where you can breach/snake cam/etc is quite generous. Use this to your advantage and avoid putting your units directly in front of a door (if possible)
7. Unit deaths are PERMANENT in campaigns. Do NOT continue past a mission where a unit has died unless that unit is disposable (I.E. fresh recruit)

Only want to try one total war, which should it be? the newest?

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say medieval 2. It has an incredible mod community (including a stellar Warhammer Fantasy mod that is so good it could be its own game) and the medieval period fits the style of gameplay perfectly IMO. It also runs on a toaster so no worries about performance.

Since here is night, if I post a message in the chat, I'm still elegible, or do I need to watch the whole stream?

Since they're streaming Coffin Dodgers today, you might be eligible for that if they give away codes, but the items listed on the page you linked earlier requires using the points you have. Not sure how that works since they're starting to use the point system today.

JaseC

OK, kindly explain me how it is possible for all people getting two time less cards daily keep amount of cards in the market at same level, as not to shift supply-demand balance we have now, I'm all ears.
... unless you are saying that most cards don't sell, while mine are selling even after the sale. That might have something to do with people anticipating price increase, but still, they sell.

Well, many games do have low card prices precisely because their cards aren't terribly popular (this is not a rephrasing of "Many games do have low card prices precisely because their cards don't sell"). I'm not saying that you're wrong and it's impossible for there to be a global, significant impact on card prices; I'm just not entirely convinced it'll happen.

Arthea

Well, many games do have low card prices precisely because their cards aren't terribly popular (this is not a rephrasing of "Many games do have low card prices precisely because their cards don't sell").

That's a weak point, though, they had low prices not only because games aren't terribly popular but also because supply used way to outweigh demand until now, what's no wonder with us being able to get up to 60 cards daily, what's not longer the case. Supply still will be there but not on the level it was before, not even close.
Anyway, we'll see soon enough, at winter sale, I suppose. Or maybe valve or devs will do something about it.

Actually I just had this amazing thought, that now will be twice less foils too, maybe we finally be able to sell at least cheap ones during the winter sale, at least something good can come out of it all. Although that's still unlikely that foils supplies will be depleted that soon, seeing for how long they aren't selling.

Madn

I also finished Ittle Dew, I feel like starting with simple games to tackle my backlog was the right decision. It was short and easy but I still enjoyed it (I actually hate getting stuck on puzzles). Definitely worth the price I paid it as I got in in a bundle

derExperte

iosefe will win everything

also the alpha and 13 are NA only

grrrrr

JaseC

That's a weak point, though, they had low prices not only because games aren't terribly popular but also because supply used way to outweigh demand until now, what's no wonder with us being able to get up to 60 cards daily, what's not longer the case. Supply still will be there but not on the level it was before, not even close.

The cards aren't popular, not the games themselves, although I suppose there would be a correlation to a degree.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom