• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2015 II - Click the Monsters You Monster

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://eu.alienwarearena.com/forums...event-on-alienware-s-twitch-channel-june-26th

Is this how Alienware giveaways work on Twitch? If so, I can skip it I think.
Wake up. See this. Open stream. Stream is over. FML
I won an alienware alpha! the power of 2d
Congrats!
I'm beginning to wonder if Mad Max will have a store page before release.
When's the release date?
Just to give an impression of the the different casts and mood of the three games for those who don't know.

God bless the Design Archives, they're beautiful.
There are three Valkyria Chronicles games? Had no clue. Maybe after VC1's success on Steam the rest will come, too.
This is kinda weird...
Donate at least 1$ and get DX:HRDC
First time hearing of this. 1$ is a steal for Deus Ex.

Jawmuncher

That's the problem with cool names. If you don't hear it out loud, when you finally play together online you go "how do I say your name" or risk sounding like a jackass saying it wrong the entire time you play.

iosefe

That's the problem with cool names. If you don't hear it out loud, when you finally play together online you go "how do I say your name" or risk sounding like a jackass saying it wrong the entire time you play.

even more embarassing when the font a game is doesn't allow for lowercase first letters at the start of a sentence, and people think an i is and l

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
And today is the day I decide to sleep longer and people win laptops and Alienware Alphas.
I hate you all
and I am jealous ;)

What games could you win today btw?

Deitus

There are three Valkyria Chronicles games? Had no clue. Maybe after VC1's success on Steam the rest will come, too.

Well 2 and 3 were PSP exclusives, so it's not super likely. Most of the PSP games that come to Steam were actually ported from other versions. I suspect if SEGA had any interest in porting them, there would be a console port by now.

And today is the day I decide to sleep longer and people win laptops and Alienware Alphas.
I hate you all
and I am jealous ;)

What games could you win today btw?

Coffin Dodgers codes

Plus raffle items below (max 10 tickets per item per round)

1 - Alienware 13 (200ATP per ticket)
1 - Alienware Alpha (100ATP per ticket)
5 - Alienware T-shirts (10ATP per ticket)
5 - Alone in the Dark game codes (10ATP per ticket)
5 - The Witcher 3 game codes (20ATP per ticket)
5 - Primal Carnage game codes (10ATP per ticket)
5 - Rainbow Six Siege Beta codes (10ATP per ticket)
5 - Dirty Bomb Ultimate Starter (20ATP per ticket)
5 - Alienware Dog Tags (10ATP per ticket)
3 -Roccat Kone XTD Mouse (30ATP per ticket)
3 - Roccat Isku FX Gaming Keyboard (30ATP per ticket)

EDIT:
Stream games next week are Dirty Bomb and Broforce.

Streams are probably at like 1AM for you. Whatever 4PM PDT on Wed/Fri translates into your time.
Just checked and you're right. 1AM for me. Was tired and took a nap. Ah well.
Well 2 and 3 were PSP exclusives, so it's not super likely. Most of the PSP games that come to Steam were actually ported from other versions. I suspect if SEGA had any interest in porting them, there would be a console port by now.
PSP versions, huh? Yeah, then it is less likely. At least emulation of those should be possible on a potato.

I don't know what happened at Valve´s end but I bought 3 games on Steam and the email receipt's subject only says "noreply @ steampowered.com" I remember that "Steam Store" was writen in the subject. Or it's only me?

Tektonic

Hmm, speaking of bad ports (ducks while Arkham apologists assemble - joke)

I just got a watch dogs uplay key. Worth playing?

Soo Shemmue III

vfVZ3nT.gif

iZEQASF.png

Oh, just checked my mails and Steam Support finally removed the game. At least one nice thing before going to bed.

Maybe it's the sleepiness but I got the suspicion Jase had something to do with this being solved today. Just today I posted and he said "wait till tomorrow, else bump your ticket". Is that coincidence? Is it sleepiness? We will never know for sure probably.

Night people.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Anyone here back Republique? If so, would you mind taking screenshots of the most recent backers-only kickstarter update and PMing me? I'd really appreciate it. Thanks for your time.

It appears that it is release scheduling for episodes 4 and 5 and the announcement of working with a publisher. Nothing that should be too private or anything.

Edit: Thanks!

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
I've played through the tutorials and really like it. It's like the Pharaoh/Zeus/Caesar city-builders, where you build houses and upgrade them through building services and industries.

Most citizens are workers but there is a smaller class of bourgeois which require automatons to staff bourgeois specific buildings. Instead of electricity there is steam power with steam pipelines rather than electric cables, and instead of horse-drawn carriages trade is made via hot-air balloon.

I haven't got round to the campaign but I think its about 20 missions long and there's a sandbox mode. The cities looks suitably steampunk and are inspired by Jules Verne novels and Studio Ghibli's art style. The developers also seem quite active in the steam forums.

Ah so it is a meaty game then? I love Caesar.

Grief.exe

Sega has a lot of potential HD ports right now.

Dragon's Dogma has a 'sequel' currently in development and could use a cheap PC/PS4 remaster to drum up interest

Shenmue I/II with a massive Kickstarter under way, a PC/PS4/XBO Remaster would take advatange of peak mind share at the moment.

Dragon's Dogma has a 'sequel' currently in development and could use a cheap PC/PS4 remaster to drum up interest

Shenmue I/II with a massive Kickstarter under way, a PC/PS4/XBO Remaster would take advatange of peak mind share at the moment.

I'd be more interested in a port of Dark Arisen than that f2p thing.

Dragon's Dogma is Capcom

Jazz573

No clue.
It's music software.

The Baldur's Gate site is apparently counting down to a new game.
12 days 22 hours 37 minutes until... something.

I guess Icewind Dale 2 is the most obvious candidate?

BG3?

Man, lots of countdowns. In a few days we'll find out if ZE3 is happening. So excited! Still need to play VLR though. :p

wilflare

lol I keep missing those Alienware Twitch Streams. ughh

by the way, anyone got a spare Alone in the Dark Illumination code?
it's for the +1

xGreg

Some keys!

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (xGreg, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Stellar Impact -- MB-453A5163C92C3399 - Taken by crazyrabbits. 2 entrants total.
Fantasy Wars -- MB-A6B0D9F59FE3FF81 - Taken by Kagemusha. 1 entrants total.

t1435386537z1.png

hmm. i dont really need an alienware alpha but i could do with an upgrade from my 2gb 680.

i wonder which of the three models i won and how it compares to my current desktop.

Volimar

hmm. i dont really need an alienware alpha but i could do with an upgrade from my 2gb 680.

i wonder which of the three models i won and how it compares to my current desktop.

I hate you.

I have the lowest tier alpha and it's great for the most part. My only complaint is that Marvel Heroes can get pretty clunky, but that's true with Marvel Heroes in general. No problems with LoL or XCOM and I haven't played much beyond those since I got it.

Jawmuncher

Is it true that Shenmue 3 won't be the last one? Apparently it was said in the QA? Like I know he originally said it would end at shenmue 10, but going past 3 seems like pushing it at this point considering the wait people have had already.

Is it true that Shenmue 3 won't be the last one? Apparently it was said in the QA? Like I know he originally said it would end at shenmue 10, but going past 3 seems like pushing it at this point considering the wait people have had already.
Apparently hes hoping to end it with 4.

Playing Bioshock immediately after System Shock 2 was a terrible terrible mistake. So far Im about four or five hours in. This isn't my first Bioshock playthrough but it might as well be. Idk why SS2 felt so much better but Bioshock just feels kinda average.

Turfster

Playing Bioshock immediately after System Shock 2 was a terrible terrible mistake. So far Im about four or five hours in. This isn't my first Bioshock playthrough but it might as well be. Idk why SS2 felt so much better but Bioshock just feels kinda average.

Because SS2 is a deep RPG, and Bioshock is a meh shooter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom