• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2015 II - Click the Monsters You Monster

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jesus Christ, the salt in that Shenmue livestream thread. Lots of concern trolling that a game that's on track to hit $4 million-plus (making it one of the most successful video game KS projects ever) is not going to hit ten million, that the campaign is dead and they're all amateurs.

Not even worth attempting to reason with any of them.

Jesus Christ, the salt in that Shenmue livestream thread. Lots of concern trolling that a game that's on track to hit $4 million-plus (making it one of the most successful video game KS projects ever) is not going to hit ten million, that the campaign is dead and they're all amateurs.

They are amateurs

From the podcast that was linked:

- Awesome Japan has "helped" 13 kickstarters prior to this (in a span of 11 months), only 7 were successful
- Only 1 videogame kickstarter ,Soul Knights (ex Nippon Ichi staff), barely met the goal of $60k with only 246 backers
- only 1550 backers and $170k for all their campaigns combined so far
- they had no native english speaker before this kickstarter apparently. All of their previous campaigns had significant spelling and translation mistakes

Jawmuncher

imagentabu.jpg

Shadownet

Banned

Its one of the most successful one ever? Really?

(There is no sarcasm in this sentence. The only mega successful kickstarter I know is Star Citizens)

Its one of the most successful one ever? Really?

(There is no sarcasm in this sentence. The only mega successful kickstarter I know is Star Citizens)

Last I checked, 5th most funded video game KS and 13th most funded KS of all time.

They are amateurs

Looks pretty good from where I'm sitting. As much as I have concerns with the way they've handled certain questions, I've said that they're doing pretty well adapting things as they go along.

We're still getting Shenmue 3. That's the important part.

iosefe

is anyone ever gonna explain this ATP stuff in the alienware shit

it's not enough to just be there now right

users start with and passively gain ATP (Alienware Twitch points). with these points ou can wager them in hopes of gaining more poitns using deepbot Bank heists or Bets. they plan on adding more uses for points. but the big thing is saving up your points to buy raffle tickets for the end of month Alienware Vualt raiding, where you can win misc. game codes, Alienware Swag, or hardware like an Alpha

Knurek

The Baldur's Gate site is apparently counting down to a new game.
12 days 22 hours 37 minutes until... something.

I guess Icewind Dale 2 is the most obvious candidate?

Beamdog says IWD2 (and Planescape:T) use newer version of Infinity engine, which would require major work of them and that we shouldn't expect EE releases of those two games...
I'm guessing it's something else...

Anteater

gee people aren't kidding about fetch quests in kingdoms of amalur, most of them can be skipped without much consequences right? like i can still progress smoothly on level/gears without them?

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Making Steam Trading Cards and backgrounds right now for my game, Close Your Eyes.

1f071bcb7293e59b207abae378c6e21e.png

Have more cards done, but the newest one. Working with my artist, Rincs, she does work quickly and has been fantastic to work with. She drew this up in three hours specifically for a background and trading cards, happy to be working with her.

Full image:

The Steam page for my game should be live soon if all goes well! Hoping my game does manage to get trading cards as her and I are working hard on them. XD;

THERE'S SO MUCH I WISH I COULD TELL YOU GUYS, but under a contract of secrecy of Steam's inner-workings, but I think it's fair for me to say I'm working on the cards.

Making Steam Trading Cards and backgrounds right now for my game, Close Your Eyes.

Have more cards done, but the newest one. Working with my artist, Rincs, she does work quickly and has been fantastic to work with.

Full image:

The Steam page for my game should be live soon if all goes well! Hoping my game does manage to get trading cards as her and I are working hard on them. XD;

THERE'S SO MUCH I WISH I COULD TELL YOU GUYS, but under a contract of secrecy of Steam's inner-workings, but I think it's fair for me to say I'm working on the cards.

I can feel your excitement! XD Looking forward to when it'll be out and to what the badges will look like.

Dusk Golem

I can feel your excitement! XD Looking forward to when it'll be out and to what the badges will look like.

I AMMM. And there's things I wish I could talk about here, but secrecy signing. I can say that there's a lot of things I didn't expect or think too much about.

Game-wise, things are going a lot smoother than I expected. Excited because I think I've been majorally improving my game and some of the new sections I'm adding I think are some of the scariest and more unnerving stuff I've put together yet. I already got all the music done, designating areas and AI now, and my artist is just blazing through her workload. It's going very well. I expect Steam reviews to be mixed as the game lacks mainstream appeal and is a bit sloppy, but this has been a fun experiment and great learning experience.

Dusk Golem

How did you get around a free game having cards? Or did you change that? Regardless looks great!

Unfortunately some micro-transactions, but I've made sure to make them not related to game content and really outside goodie stuff. Mainly things like soundtrack, bonus outside mini-game thing related to a previous project of mine, art stuff, and the like. We haven't been approved yet, so this work may be in-vain, but working hard and have notified them and they acknowledge its micro-transactions element. The main reason was because we wanted Trading Cards nad backgrounds and such. XD;

Jawmuncher

Unfortunately some micro-transactions, but I've made sure to make them not related to game content and really outside goodie stuff. Mainly things like soundtrack, bonus outside mini-game thing related to a previous project of mine, art stuff, and the like. We haven't been approved yet, so this work may be in-vain, but working hard and have notified them and they acknowledge its micro-transactions element. The main reason was because we wanted Trading Cards nad backgrounds and such. XD;

Sweet. Cool to know that way might be possible to work with.Looking forward to it.

I've been lazy in redeeming my keys on Groupees that I've been missing out on some cool looking games like Skyflower and Volstead. Greenlight bundles are pretty worth it.

EDIT:
Now it's just the spinning beach ball. The love disappeared along with NeoGAF.

Grief.exe

1f071bcb7293e59b207abae378c6e21e.png

Have more cards done, but the newest one. Working with my artist, Rincs, she does work quickly and has been fantastic to work with. She drew this up in three hours specifically for a background and trading cards, happy to be working with her.

Full image:

Looks great Dusk, can't wait to see how it turns out!

I quite like KoA's art, shit looks cool at times

yes I think every game looks fucking awesome these days

Any game looks good when down sampled!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom