• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2015 II - Click the Monsters You Monster

Status
Not open for further replies.

Werd

What percentage of games even get featured on the front page to get a real boost? A lot less than 24% I'd imagine.

I find it inconceivable That 100,000 people likely never owned Borderlands 1 and/or 2 (at least on PC).

I got the BTA just for the DLC. Was 90% off the Steam prices knowing the Headhunter missions 1-4 are bonuses. Plus a bonus Borderlands 1 copy to trade/give away.

Omega

Banned
I guess that games will be previously released. But free Mad Max game would be nice XD If not i will probably go with Season Pass.

Yeah Ubi canceled Season Pass and people got SP DLC for free and Season Pass owners got free game.

Probably what I would do as well, but I doubt Mad Max is one of the eligible titles. It will probably be older WB games.

pahamrick

Probably what I would do as well, but I doubt Mad Max is one of the eligible titles. It will probably be older WB games.

Making all the choices older games could backfire, too. What happens if someone has the season pass and all the offered titles? They're shit out of luck. One of the reasons why Ubisoft offered newer titles (Like Far Cry 4 and The Crew).

Right on the cusp of beating Deus Ex: Invisible War and the game crashes. My last save isnt for another hour or two back and the autosave got deleted in the process. No way im doing all that shit again.

Not a bad game, just a bad Deus Ex. It also gets waaaaaay too fan-servicey near the end

dex3108

Main issue with Mad Max as apology from WB is that game is nott released yet. Ubisoft offered games that are released. So chances for Mad Max are really really low.

Lomax

I find it inconceivable That 100,000 people likely never owned Borderlands 1 and/or 2 (at least on PC).

What amazes me much more is how Skyrim still manages to sell hundreds of thousands of copies every time it goes on sale. And it has more owners on Steam than all of the Borderlands games put together.

cyba89

dex3108

If that's true why wouldn't they communicate this earlier? I guess a less people would have refunded this and just wait til it's fixed, when there is an outlook of a free game or season pass.

And I hope 'owners' also include those that got it from the Nvidia promotion.

Ubisoft waited too as far as i remember. They can't just announce it.

Jawmuncher

If that's true why wouldn't they communicate this earlier? I guess a less people would have refunded this and just wait til it's fixed, when there is an outlook of a free game or season pass.

And I hope 'owners' also include those that got it from the Nvidia promotion.

I would think it would apply to anyone who still owns it in their library. Not like you can refund it from a code correct?

That's if any of this is true.

Annubis

What amazes me much more is how Skyrim still manages to sell hundreds of thousands of copies every time it goes on sale. And it has more owners on Steam than all of the Borderlands games put together.

Yeah but, can you play as Sonic with a giant dick on a quest to kill Thomas the Tank Engine by shouting hundreds of high velocity mudcrabs at it in Borderland?

Cheapest price ever?

FEAR (1) was the 1$ tier once.

Jawmuncher

Also some less popular games didn't have very high price cuts. Quite a few games On my wish list were still sitting at 10-15% off despite being old enough in my eyes for cuts a bit more than that (year plus on the store).

tmarg

Yeah but, can you play as Sonic with a giant dick on a quest to kill Thomas the Tank Engine by shouting hundreds of high velocity mudcrabs at it in Borderland?

I suspect that the number of skyrim players who have it heavily modded is much lower than a lot of people believe.

Over/Under 5 missions before stopping.

I wanna say it took me like five main quest missions and a bunch of side quests before I stopped. It just isn't really fun? Then again I never played with friends as Im the only one even remotely interested in vidya. Just randoms whenever I turned the online function on

Parsnip

To be clear , you mean only the folder where all the game files are stored and the EXE right ?

Your post in the previous page said you just want to have your steam games in multiple locations, some on SSD and some on HDD? You don't need symlinks or anything for that. Steam supports multiple library folders without any issues.

Just set up a second library location in Steam, and then move the game folder as well as the associated appmanifest_####.acf file and restart steam, and you should be good. Steam may or may not need to be restarted, but I always do.

For example I just moved 'Her Story' from SSD to HDD because I accidentally picked the wrong folder to install it to.
I just grabbed the appmanifest_368370.afc from \Steam\steamapps\ as well as the game folder from \Steam\steamapps\common\ and moved those to the corresponding locations on my E:\Data\SteamApps.

Also some less popular games didn't have very high price cuts. Quite a few games On my wish list were still sitting at 10-15% off despite being old enough in my eyes for cuts a bit more than that (year plus on the store).

A good chunk of the games I wanted didn't have a single discount.

Deitus

Inconceivable!

inigo_zps2d5670aa.gif~original

Grief.exe

The Steam reviews for Jurassic World are surprising bad, around 75%. Generally that is due to a bad port, bad game, or both.

What happened?

Deitus

The Steam reviews for Jurassic World are surprising bad, around 75%. Generally that is due to a bad port, bad game, or both.

What happened?

Just skimmed some of the negative reviews. Basically every one of them say that it's a good game, but it's full of bugs (some of which are game breaking).

Jawmuncher

What happened?

Just skimmed some of the negative reviews. Basically every one of them say that it's a good game, but it's full of bugs (some of which are game breaking).

It apparently missed some Q&A to release alongside the movie (original it was going to be out this Tuesday). Patch should be coming soon, word of it for consoles next week I believe.

Deitus

It apparently missed some Q&A to release alongside the movie (original it was going to be out this Tuesday). Patch should be coming soon, word of it for consoles next week I believe.

Warner Bros skipping QA on a PC port? I'm absolutely shocked! Shocked I tell you!

Messiah

i love merging oracle's head onto batman

i can't be the only one doing this right

i mean it fits super well

Been doing that with Alfred all the time. I also enjoyed running through the police station with a holograph of Oracle on my arm and nobody questioning why the Commisioners daughter is talking to Batman.

Here we go. Never played a Witcher game before (I planned on playing at least the second one before this) but with the whole Arkham Knight thing I really needed something to fill that void.

Any tips before I start? (Especially having not played any of the other ones. Are there any must-know story things I should brush up on?)

dex3108

Here we go. Never played a Witcher game before (I planned on playing at least the second one before this) but with the whole Arkham Knight thing I really needed something to fill that void.

Any tips before I start? (Especially having not played any of the other ones. Are there any must-know story things I should brush up on?)

At least watch W1 and W2 Story recap on YT. :D

At least watch W1 and W2 Story recap on YT. :D

Pretty much useless, it's better read a summary of the books. :p

Yep. I was surprised how little of 2 was in W3 outside of a few things.

He is playing game so i think that it is better to watch recap of games for continuity :p Then he can go and read books to see differences :p

Well, honestly, I'm not even sure I'll get super deep into the lore or anything. (I don't have a problem going more in-depth once I know that I actually like it...)

I more meant is there anything not self-contained about the game's story that I have to know about before going in?

dex3108

Well, honestly, I'm not even sure I'll get super deep into the lore or anything. I more meant is there anything not self-contained about the game's story that I have to know about before going in?

Well only thing that you will really miss are characters introductions and relationship with Geralt. There are two big games before W3 and it really is different when you interact with characters in previous games. You get to know them really good.

Jawmuncher

Well, honestly, I'm not even sure I'll get super deep into the lore or anything. (I don't have a problem going more in-depth once I know that I actually like it...)

I more meant is there anything not self-contained about the game's story that I have to know about before going in?
Game just kind of throws you in. I guess it's explained enough throughout the adventure. At least to get by. Considering that's what a majority of people did you should be fine that way.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away 11 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This is a giveaway for the thread url: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1064932.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a garbage dump. No other rules apply, you may claim as many as you want (there are no limits or throttles), and keys you win won't be counted as wins for your record. Do not SELL these keys for a profit.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

t1cxE6r.gif
Company of Heroes 2: German Commander -- MB-2A9A7CFDB5238DB7 - Taken by Eila. 1 entrants total.
The Lord of the Rings Online -- MB-EE833D07A51A7A5E - Taken by gurm3n. 1 entrants total.
t1cxE6r.gif
Company of Heroes 2: German Skin -- MB-8CA0BE7E78BBF981 - Taken by Eila. 1 entrants total.
Total War: Rome II -- MB-B9B40EE65A30E004 - Taken by KenOD. 12 entrants total.
Sid Meiers Ace Patrol -- MB-06AF4A8740BF9C88 - Taken by crazyrabbits. 2 entrants total.
t1cxE6r.gif
Company of Heroes 2: Soviet Commander -- MB-B155F58E99E249DC - Taken by WinterDemons. 1 entrants total.
Batman -- MB-015D352CA98DBC1B - Taken by MarcoZombieCannon. 8 entrants total.
Magicka -- MB-D08173E931E6B741 - Taken by S1n1st3r. 3 entrants total.
t1cxE6r.gif
Company of Heroes 2: Soviet Skin -- MB-D91504986A47883E - Taken by WinterDemons. 1 entrants total.
Sid Meiers Ace Patrol #2 -- MB-A817BBF785DB78E7 - Taken by Eila. 2 entrants total.
Gotham City Impostors -- MB-45EB427263CF9079 - Taken by Purkake4. 4 entrants total.

t1435533844z1.png

JustLynx

if you want, watch this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KuY4H1Vw7mo
the final conversation in Witcher 2, this should cover everything you need to know before starting the 3rd :)
it's 21m, so brace yourself, but it's worth it imo.

also, there's another last cutscene after the credits rolls https://youtu.be/UObX603ybiQ
showing the Nilfgaardian invasion

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away 11 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This is a giveaway for the thread url: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1064932.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

The Swapper -- MB-DF4053913B30C372 - Taken by Cyldman. 2 entrants total.
Sid Meier's Civilization IV: The Complete Edition -- MB-6E7E3ED379A4937D - Taken by texhnolyze. 4 entrants total.
Anomaly 2 -- MB-EF970C0946733D31 - Taken by Miniboss. 1 entrants total.
Sid Meier's Civilization III: Complete -- MB-C4DE5C2B64D90E27 - Taken by Darth Kupi. 1 entrants total.
Guardians of Middle-earth: Smaug's Treasure DLC -- MB-C72508D11F6F6750
Sid Meier's Pirates! -- MB-BE8B8A23D4F08E63 - Taken by S1n1st3r. 8 entrants total.
Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams -- MB-CA1C62517CBCCD8C - Taken by Mixed2k. 1 entrants total.
Mortal Kombat Kollection -- MB-EB5844264317F51F - Taken by lindarasta. 1 entrants total.
Guardians of Middle-earth -- MB-18F2BC9582F32FF6 - Taken by Belgarion. 2 entrants total.
MX vs ATV Reflex -- MB-DF990A562738D4A3 - Taken by xGreg. 9 entrants total.
Sid Meier's Railroads! -- MB-43127D0DAE0D3ED7 - Taken by crazyrabbits. 2 entrants total.

t1435534204z1.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom