• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2015 II - Click the Monsters You Monster

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thorgal

Your post in the previous page said you just want to have your steam games in multiple locations, some on SSD and some on HDD? You don't need symlinks or anything for that. Steam supports multiple library folders without any issues.

Just set up a second library location in Steam, and then move the game folder as well as the associated appmanifest_####.acf file and restart steam, and you should be good. Steam may or may not need to be restarted, but I always do.

For example I just moved 'Her Story' from SSD to HDD because I accidentally picked the wrong folder to install it to.
I just grabbed the appmanifest_368370.afc from \Steam\steamapps\ as well as the game folder from \Steam\steamapps\common\ and moved those to the corresponding locations on my E:\Data\SteamApps.

thanks , was cotemplating putting my entire library in there because i wasn't sure having 2 library's w ould work with steam . bookmarked this post .

Now i only need to think whether to buy 2 of those and put them in RAID0 or not .

What amazes me much more is how Skyrim still manages to sell hundreds of thousands of copies every time it goes on sale. And it has more owners on Steam than all of the Borderlands games put together.

That doesn't amaze me at all. I think the borderland games are mediocre while skyrim is a just a better game. And I love fps so I'm probably more or less biased towards games like borderlands than skyrim.

Anteater

maaan amalur's art is so cool

Been doing that with Alfred all the time. I also enjoyed running through the police station with a holograph of Oracle on my arm and nobody questioning why the Commisioners daughter is talking to Batman.

oracle fits the best, i disabled fsaa after the patch and the game looks cool, it's playabloe on my end, hope they fix the vram usage

dex3108

Been doing that with Alfred all the time. I also enjoyed running through the police station with a holograph of Oracle on my arm and nobody questioning why the Commisioners daughter is talking to Batman.

Well if you look at Bats eyes they are white when he uses communicator. So I think only Batman and player can see that video feed.

I should play through the DLC mini-expansions at some point. Amalur is what Fable 3 should have been, for better or worse (better).

JaceC first assasins' creed and now KoA.

Are you a gaming masochist? Looking out the window is probably a better way to spend the time than that crap.

Just finished the first Dishonored story DLC, Knife of Dunwall. Ghosted my way through, and had a blast. Probably lasted me around 8 hours, which is pretty crazy. I imagine Brigmore Witches will be similar.

Dishonored is a really good game. Glad they're making the second one.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
JaceC first assasins' creed and now KoA.

Are you a gaming masochist? Looking out the window is probably a better way to spend the time than that crap.

KoA was my mid-season appetiser. ;)

koalarlpa0.jpg

I actually made quite the pretty penny, relatively speaking, from the pre-order items (as the date suggests, I bought the game at the eleventh hour), as I didn't realise until months later that you had to load up TF2 for your inventory to update.

But, yeah. Fun fact: The KoA DLC is part of what kicked off my game collecting habit. At the time, it was widely assumed the apps would never be discounted.

Fun..ner... fact: Salsa sold me my first region-specific app. It's all his fault! Get him!

KoA was my mid-season appetiser. ;)

koalarlpa0.jpg

I actually made quite the pretty penny, relatively speaking, from the pre-order items (as the date suggests, I bought the game at the eleventh hour), as I didn't realise until months later that you had to load up TF2 for your inventory to update.

But, yeah. Fun fact: The KoA DLC is part of what kicked off my game collecting habit. At the time, it was widely assumed the apps would never be discounted.

Fun..ner... fact: Salsa sold me my first region-specific app. It's all his fault! Get him!

Almost six days... SIX days.

Khaleesi....pls...

JaseC

Almost six days... SIX days.

Khaleesi....pls...

I'm missing something here.

I've only played half of fable 1 on xbox, maybe they should put the rest of the sequels on steam :0

Fable 2 is serviceable until the last act, at which point you have to contend with Weird Extraterrestrial Pyramids every which way, and, well, everything that comes after. I long for a PC port for the simple fact that it's the last Fable game that was at least 80% enjoyable.

I don't understand what Molyneux was going for, though. Perhaps John Walker should have asked Molyneux if he has even the vaguest history of substance abuse.

Maniac

Banned
Fable 2 is serviceable until the last act, at which point you have to content with Weird Extraterrestrial Pyramids every which way, and, well, everything that comes after.

I don't understand what Molyneux was going for.

I don't understand it either, given I never played it since it's not on PC. 3 was decent enough, though... Buuuuut it was outright arse compared to what one would expect after having played the first and thinking they surely would've evolved the game... :|

JaseC

I don't understand it either, given I never played it since it's not on PC. 3 was decent enough, though... Buuuuut it was outright arse compared to what one would expect after having played the first and thinking they surely would've evolved the game... :|

Fable 3 is an example of what happens when literally everybody involved sets out to do a bad job. I suppose that's admirable in its own way -- like, you genuinely have to go out of your way to make a game so terrible. That's dedication. Pure, unbridled dedication.

Kingdoms of Amalur wasn't that bad.

Just... mediocre.

Well, shit.
I have it on my list after I finished with FFXIII and XIII-2.

Anyway, it turns out that FFXIII isn't that bad imho.
Combat is kinda boring but fun & engaging at the same time. I'm currently at the end of chapter 9. It's a Final Fantasy game, alright.

JaseC

136 Hours = 5.6 days.

Ah, haha. I had fun. ;)

Is there any way to downsample in hyperdimension neptunia rebirth 1?

Also why doesn't it save Config options?

"Vita" means "Life" "Unsaved configs".

Edit: In prioritising my dumb joke, I missed your first question. Have you tried Nvidia's DSR or Durtante's more vendor-friendly GeDoSaTo? The latter in particular worked like a charm with Child of Light. Granted, not all games are made the same, but, hey, it worked with something!

Thorgal

I am curious if Bethesda , now that Tod's team is one of their biggest money makers with Skyrim , did more rigorous Bug testing on Fallout 4 then they did for all there previous games .

I mean i am not expecting a total bug free game here , that would be impossible but i do really expect fallout 4 to be a much more bug free game then their previous ones .

Werd

Dishonored's story just didn't get me invested for some reason, and hunting down collectibles got me distracted from just running through the game. Also felt the stealth system wasn't consistent enough. Played it for a few hours, stopped playing and then did the same last year.

But I was still enjoying the gameplay and like the aesthetic.. need to go back and finish it, bought the Dunwall DLC planning to.

JaseC

I am curious if Bethesda , now that Tod's team is one of their biggest money makers with Skyrim , did more rigorous Bug testing on Fallout 4 then they did for all there previous games .

I mean i am not expecting a total bug free game here , that would be impossible but i do really expect fallout 4 to be a much more bug free game then their previous ones .

"There are technical issues to keep in mind. If Bethesda games could be less buggy, they'd be less buggy."
- Technological philosopher Pete Hines, 2015.

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?
I imagine the PS3 version of Fallout 4 is gonna be pretty unplayable.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
I feel like this kind of sentiment is coming from people who aren't fans of Shenmue or don't even know anyone who is a fan.

I'm not going to fund a game that took 10+ years to get a sequel because of fans hopes and dreams of them continuing the "to be continued" only to be told right from the get-go it won't be a conclusion and ends on a "to be continued" so please please buy the title.

You can say it isn't be a fan, but it's being realistic. If he expects the series to bloom again a second time, I'm sorry... I can't follow him into that dream-land.

If it happens? I'll be happy for him. But until proven otherwise? Why should I fund it when we don't know if there will be a 4/5/6... ever?

To be clear , you mean only the folder where all the game files are stored and the EXE right ?

Correct. Should work but if you move Steam back to the previous drive, I dunno if it'll keep them linked. It should but I can't say for 100%.

bbd23

I am looking for a single player only game, preferably action/adventure/rpg

does anyone have a recommendation? probably something under the radar maybe? looking at the steam top sellers and stuff is boring me.

:D

Which one

REmake (2002) and RE5 Gold Edition are probably the best out of those, I don't even know what to say about the Raccoon City one, got damn.

I am looking for a single player only game, preferably action/adventure/rpg

does anyone have a recommendation? probably something under the radar maybe? looking at the steam top sellers and stuff is boring me.

:D

Deus Ex HR DC, (which can be had for $1 on some charity site) sort of fits those parameters, also maybe Transistor or Shadowrun Dragonfall.

-MD-

I've been out of town since Friday, any missed of note?

Looks like WB is actually working on AssKnight....That's good I guess.

Wow, what the hell happened in RE5. Reminds me of the "Desmond through the years' from AssCreed.

As a Jill fan the RE5 one wasn't bad, it was after that when her design started to decline drastically.

REmake Jill is GOAT Jill.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom