• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2015 II - Click the Monsters You Monster

Status
Not open for further replies.

Turfster

Oh sure, you piece of shit game.
Punish me for your crap angles and ridiculous "running away" sequences.
Why is RE6 such a piece of shit?
Who okayed this?

Tektonic

So why don't devs and Steam use downloading new games more sensibly? Why do I have to download the whole game before playing? Surely its not that hard to prioritise opening video and first chapter or whatever, and download the rest in the background?

(Aussie bad net means downloading takes forever)

komorebi

Yep, it's that time of the year again. Today's my Birthday (29th, nice day btw =)). Let's celebrate with a giveaway. Not the most awesome stuff, I hope you like it though. SteamGAF is best GAF! :)

Happy Birthday! Be sure to enter your own giveaway.

Coffin Dodgers -- MB-98B67AAC3BA732C4

So why don't devs and Steam use downloading new games more sensibly? Why do I have to download the whole game before playing? Surely its not that hard to prioritise opening video and first chapter or whatever, and download the rest in the background?

I imagine that'll happen eventually, given that the consoles are doing it now.

Corpekata

Banned

Thery tried that with Mortal Kombat X. It was a huge disaster.

But it is a feature Valve is working on.

Everybody's favorite comic

Yep, it's that time of the year again. Today's my Birthday (29th, nice day btw =)). Let's celebrate with a giveaway. Not the most awesome stuff, I hope you like it though. SteamGAF is best GAF! :)
Happy birthday Kiru! This should be fitting for you!
hbwwX.gif

MUnited83

For you.

That is a feature in development actually. They tried it with Mortal Kombat X, which was pretty big mess-up. Instead of letting people preload the entire game they only allowed for people to download enough to start the game and play very few modes.

Tektonic

That is a feature in development actually. They tried it with Mortal Kombat X, which was pretty big mess-up. Instead of letting people preload the entire game they only allowed for people to download enough to start the game and play very few modes.

I'd imagine it would be easy for games that have large video files for cutscenes. But I guess something is holding this back

RAGE really became a lot more fun after upgrading my car and weapons a bit.

Very satisfying when you boomerang mutants to the head :)

AK feels a bit weak but I just unlocked feltrite ammo for it which should mitigate that. Driving with a armored car, raining homing missiles on bandits never gets old.
Does winning the highest amount of modified games count?
lol for people into racing for more +1s probably.. like you :p

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
I miss linear RPGs and stage based games. Let me replay some Bayonetta 2, Lost Kingdoms and other oldies.

L.O.R.D

RE6 is not that bad
i enjoyed it in the launch
beat the final boss and laughed hard on how ridiculous he is
then never played it again
the mercenaries mode is fun however

and why a game like this has VAC ?

Teggy

Maybe it's because I have been playing Witcher 3, but AK is feeling really average, certainly not a 9 or 10. It's like the Uncharted 3 of Arkham games.

Kagemusha

ModBot said:
I am giving away 9 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Battlepaths -- MB-76ED6521733CF540 - Taken by fertygo. 1 entrants total.
I Have No Mouth and I Must Scream -- MB-E5827795BE7A5797 - Taken by xGreg. 1 entrants total.
Brink of Consciousness: Dorian Gray Syndrome CE -- MB-73D429863F423ACE - Taken by fuzzy123. 1 entrants total.
Guns n Zombies -- MB-CC9029DFB607BEFF - Taken by crazyrabbits. 9 entrants total.
Marine Sharpshooter II : Jungle Warfare -- MB-5F75BE231FD7BE7B
RADical ROACH Deluxe Edition -- MB-F5C086F6F1D2A4F7 - Taken by Mackenzie 92
Cobi Treasure Deluxe -- MB-9AB64E1A78A1DD12 - Taken by titch. 1 entrants total.
Edna & Harvey: Harvey's New Eyes -- MB-02245EA06A358FEA - Taken by trailmix16. 1 entrants total.
Gun Monkeys -- MB-60211F7615561D36 - Taken by gurm3n. 1 entrants total.

t1435545807z1.png
x

"Big Bang Theory is the geekiest show on earth! They actually mentioned games in the show how can you not like it?"

Puke.gif.

I watched an episode of it once where Sheldon played Super Mario 64 on an emulator. He had got the console in the mail but couldn't play it as the other guy had a date. He said in the episode
"mom included the memory card, we can pick up right where I left off" - Mario 64 didn't use a memory card.
"I have three controllers" - no multiplayer in the game.

How can it be a geek show with inaccuracies like that?!

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
I watched an episode of it once where Sheldon played Super Mario 64 on an emulator. He had got the console in the mail but couldn't play it as the other guy had a date. He said in the episode
"mom included the memory card, we can pick up right where I left off" - Mario 64 didn't use a memory card.

Fake geeks eat anything I suppose.

Its not. Its just namedropping things a "geek" might know of.
"Poorly emulated N64 emulator."
"Age of Conan" (That episode was 20 minutes of advertisments for the game)
"Schrödingers Cat"
"Halo Game Night"
"Alienware Laptop"

Afaik they have some scientists working on the show, but in the end its just a sitcom. Nothing more.

I think even Community with its randomness uses smarter jokes than BBT.

Teggy

I think that might be because it plays like the other games apart from the car.

But like a totally uninspired version of the other games. The side quests are short and repetitive. The joker riddles feel phoned in. The story missions peter out. I feel like the story is only thing it has going for it.

chronomac

I started Borderlands 2 just to test the waters…and I'm going to be in that world for a while.

Has a MUCH better start than the original, which I stopped playing after an hour or so. Already put in 3 hours with 2.

ExoSoul

Banned
All FTL achievements.... achieved on Hard, now for a victory on Hard with every ship and its variants, Kestrel's already done just need the other 9 >_>

I started Borderlands 2 just to test the waters…and I'm going to be in that world for a while.
Has a MUCH better start than the original, which I stopped playing after an hour or so. Already put in 3 hours with 2.

Just don't play it too much for too long, or do multiple playthroughs in succession, the flaws will start to show their ugly head and then all your joy will be drained away...

Turfster

Holy crap, they
turn you into Kung Fu Jake,
but still left the
asthmatic old guy after 3 things
mechanic in.
Are you shitting me, capcpom?

Crossposting since this is the last call for entries in our DMC4SE giveaway. 16 copies available:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1070528

Never played a DMC game before, and after this giveaway, I ... very likely still won't, but hey, maybe I will!

Anybody have experience with nep nep?

Do MB come in a good pace? Or is it very limited?

From what I've been told, you need to play through the game three times to get enough MB to buy everything (after which you stop getting MB.) So don't worry if you run out, just do an NG+.

Just randomly decided to finish up Ryse: Son of Rome, it got better towards the end, I found the beginning to be a little slow. Took me 6 hours which is fine because it was actually feeling a little long in the end, overall it was a pretty fun game and looks absolutely gorgeous, Crytek is doing some next level shit when it comes to global illumination and facial animation, some really top notch stuff.

Here are some screens I took.

Anteater

there are more.
--------------------------------
Spent like 6 hours playing Arkham Knight today. Frame rate still suck ass but i'm 80% done with the main story and mostly done with all the extra stuff.

man that's crazy, i've already spent enough hours on the game lol

did you do everything on the same save?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom