• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2015 II - Click the Monsters You Monster

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr.Acula

Banned
RAGE really became a lot more fun after upgrading my car and weapons a bit.

Very satisfying when you boomerang mutants to the head :)

AK feels a bit weak but I just unlocked feltrite ammo for it which should mitigate that. Driving with a armored car, raining homing missiles on bandits never gets old.

Make sure you edit the config to take care of larger memory spaces in modern gfx cards.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=122440311

seta vt_pageimagesizeuniquediffuseonly2 "16384"
seta vt_pageimagesizeuniquediffuseonly "16384"
seta vt_pageimagesizeunique "16384"
seta vt_pageimagesizevmtr "16384"

Using those settings on a 4 gig 770 made a world of difference.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
RE6 really gets worse and worse.
Fuck that broken, worthless
snowmobile
section.

I've fought this battle one too many times on GAF but RE6 is fantastic as long as you fully utilize the combat system. That section I agree is kinda trial-and-error, but I thought it was fun. I picked the game up in the summer sale and have been having a blast replaying it.

Anyway as a heads up for future sections, if you want a way to cheese the game then level up the Field Medic skill to level 2 and equip that. You'll pretty much be indestructible as long as your AI companion is near you.

dot

I've played about a few hours and 10 missions of DMC4SE with Vergil.

so good

Never played a DMC game before, and after this giveaway, I ... very likely still won't, but hey, maybe I will!

dot will never forgive you

twcwKZ6.gif

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Started playing Dark Matter (no, not Dark Matter, Dark Matter. Not sure this cleared anything up. Not this Dark Matter, this Dark Matter. Hmm. Not the space Dark Matter, the... space Dark Matter. Fine, the Metroidvania Dark Matter, not the shmup Dark Matter).

It's not very good. Very rough animations, managed to trigger three bugs that required an exit / load, same-y environments, clunky controls, so far more like an amateur project than something saleable. It's definitely not as good as, say, Rush'n Attack: Ex-Patriot, the 40-odd metacritic rated XBLA/PSN exclusive in basically the same genre. I'll probably still finish it off, but I can't say I recommend it.

dot

I want to upload a DMC4SE webm but the video that i recorded is choppy. I use OBS for recording. My video was so epic :(

does anyone know why it's choppy

i'm a noob

edit - i think this might be my first double post ever on gaf oops

Milamber

I want to upload a DMC4SE webm but the video that i recorded is choppy. I use OBS for recording. My video was so epic :(

does anyone know why it's choppy

i'm a noob

edit - i think this might be my first double post ever on gaf oops

Don't use the same drive for recording from where it is installed generally. Unless you're on SSD.

-MD-

i got my friend to play life is strange from my account

now we can't stop talking about it

mission accomplished.

Does it get better after the first episode?

Finished the first ep and thought it was alright but haven't gone back to it.

Jazz573

I'm surprised you don't know much about anime if you're that into VN's. Those things go hand in hand.

EDIT: Also, Happy Birthday Kiru!

Even though I've never watched anime (I did watch Pokemon and DBZ when I was really young, not that I remember a single thing). I do recognize some of the more popular characters, as well as the names of many animes, but honestly I don't know much more than that. I'm trying to change that though.

Also, those aren't the only things that go hand in hand. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

I like anime artstyles but I've never been extremely interested in actually watching any. Maybe that's why JRPGs and VNs are my favourite genres. Well, those and Action Adventure type games like Zelda.

dot

Don't use the same drive for recording from where it is installed generally. Unless you're on SSD.

Oh, the game is installed on a different drive. And the recordings are on another drive. I don't have an SSD.

It's weird cuz i never really had this problem before with my other recorded videos/webms.

Anteater

Does it get better after the first episode?

hmm they're about the same, the structure is similar each game, you might not like it if you didn't enjoy the first ep

edit: oh yeah if you're fine with the first ep then it's worth continuing, story wise it takes things in an interesting direction

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away 8 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a garbage dump. No other rules apply, you may claim as many as you want (there are no limits or throttles), and keys you win won't be counted as wins for your record. Do not SELL these keys for a profit.

The Dream Machine Chapters 1-3 -- MB-EF34DAC5CC197F7B - Taken by electroflame
Rush for Glory -- MB-3D0D3A23572CA7B7 - Taken by Eila
The Dream Machine Chapter 4 -- MB-B80B3D8AD7EBBE46 - Taken by electroflame
Heart of Gold Deluxe Edition -- MB-1FD3638892FB5697 - Taken by Milamber
Northmark: Hour of The Wolf -- MB-70BA480CC306F683 - Taken by electroflame
Siege of Inaolia -- MB-61C5AED525B0EDFA - Taken by redlacs
Space Trader: Merchant Marine -- MB-7C78F4F8F8C6D3B0 - Taken by PikaZeroX - Taken by PunishedSnake
Frozen Hearth -- MB-254D6754D1ED7941 - Taken by texhnolyze

Milamber

Also, those aren't the only things that go hand in hand. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Well yeah, can't avoid the other "stuff", that's why I thought you knew anime.

Oh, the game is installed on a different drive. And the recordings are on another drive. I don't have an SSD.

It's weird cuz i never really had this problem before with my other recorded videos/webms.

You recording on a much higher bitrate from normal? How about restarting your PC?

dot

Having never owned a playstation, id need some GAF reassurances that any that appeared on PC are worth playing/playable

DMC4SE is definitely worth playing. DMC3 is a good game too but the pc version is bogged down by a poor port job (you can mod it to be more playable tho). At least give 4 a shot!

You recording on a much higher bitrate from normal? How about restarting your PC?

No, i never changed my bitrate. Restarting doesn't do anything either since i recorded 2 separated videos on different days and the footage still got all choppy on playback.

Make sure you edit the config to take care of larger memory spaces in modern gfx cards.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=122440311

Using those settings on a 4 gig 770 made a world of difference.
Yep. At first I started "vanilla" but wow, there was crazy texture pop-in and constant stutter, no matter the settings. Went on its guides page and most popular were tech guides. Edited several things in rageconfig.cfg and a couple parameters in launch options. Ever since practically zero pop-in and super stable fluid performance.
Very weird that such glaring problems which are solved in such an easy way, were never patched in by the devs. Ridiculous!

dex3108

Man driving that Batmobile in Arkham Knigh you do more damage than good. But i guess Bruce will pay for repairs in the and he has money XD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom