• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2015 II - Click the Monsters You Monster

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
oh shit, Metal Dead is a point and click adventure? Im all sorts of ok with that, thought it was just a brawler or something from the pictures. Seems cool so far.

Speed datingGaming continues

kami_sama

Anyone here has bought Offworld Trading Company? I love the concept, but some of the lastest reviews aren't stellar. Any opinion?

Also, anyone new playing The Secret World, add me on steam. I have it, but haven't played as much as I'd like, so I'm almost new.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
What's inside the box?

se7en-gif.gif

more speed gaming:

Saturday Morning RPG - much better than I expected, much better than it had any right to be looking at pictures. Graphics are awful but have a certain charm to them, writing is cheesy as shit but might be intended given the theme (or not), combat system is actually quite good, and the whole idea of it tickles my nostalgia bone in a good way. Im sure most will cringe at stuff like the power glove kid reference, I thought it was cute :p Also the main bad guy is basically a green cobra commander

Planets Under Attack - Neat little strategy game, reminds me A LOT of Eufloria (which I also liked quite a bit), particulary in how you send hundreds of ships to conquer planets. Great art style. Its level based so im curious how evolved the basic "send a million ships to conquer planets" mechanic gets

Beware Planet Earth - Hey do you like Plants vs Zombies? its kinda like that, but more toward defense-y (as in with maps and not lanes. Again, great art style. Seemed like a completely competent TD, and my favorite ones are usually the cartoony ones so.

Deep Dungeons of Doom - Super charming and simple to play "rpg" (if you can call it that, you basically just go down room to room battling enemies), it might aswell be a mobile game (was it?), but in a good way. Lots of items to get, gameplay while simple is good, great look / use of pixel art. Good stuff, as opposed to the other mobile-feeling game...

Reaper Tale of a Pale Swordsman - Although the art style is great, the gameplay is not. This oen feels like a mobile game in the bad sense, you dont even attack, you just auto attack when you get near enemies. Short levels, boring gameplay, big fat nope.

Pointless PC delay is a real bummer for MGS V, luckily there are 5000 other games coming out at the same time so I'll probably play Max Max or something while trying to avoid spoiling myself.

Going through my games library has made me realize how many amazing games I have that I've just ignored to dropped because of my horrible buying habits. Really need to play Sunless Sea for example.

Maniac

Banned
Reborn is the FPS that 2gd has been doing for a while and we haven't heard of also for a while.
It's probably about Doto anyway.

I'm still angry at Valve for stealing away Bruno :(

Statsman I miss u #LifeWillNeverBeTheSame

Also Yames is one heck of a ladies man.

baterism

Let me imagine what will happened on 15 days. Some one will keep saying "Woo! MGSV IS DA BEST! SONY IS DA BEST!" or something in that line then proceed with spoiling the story with straight face.

Luckily for me, I don't really care about spoiler. I'm used to it. But other might stay away for internet if want to be extra safe.

Rhaknar

will continue to post speed gaming quick impressions for that 1 dude that asked. Because im bored. Fuck you Milamber

Darkout - Oh this is one of them Terraria games? ok, sure is prettier than the usual ones. Ok lets build a house...ok theres the floor and the walls. Ok you want me to put a door in game? let me put a door in please. No? You keep telling me theres no room even tho clearly there is? Ok then. Uninstalled.

quick google search showed a possible bug, or im just an idiot, either way, I dont care.

bit Dungeon II - this one's more like it. Cute little rogue-like Zelda inspirred hack n slash. Gameplay is janky as shit, art is cute. You level up super fast, and theres a lot of enemies. And actual dungeons, like the name says. Cleared a dungeon, died shortly after, game imediatly starts again with a new tile-set and map and shit. Ok then, you seem alrigh bit Dungeon II

wilflare

Banished is purely a city builder though? No fighting at all, just building and surviving. Like the Anno series without the combat.

hmm no combat? I guess it's okay... at the price it's pretty fun right?
I don't mind no combat. just to focus on the building

DMC4SE pre-ordered from GMG for $18.75.
My body is motivated.

hmm I'm still thinking whether to buy it or not :/
and also Rainbow Six, Splinter Cell and DW8

----
Steam and Screenshots Woes
I set Steam to take .png screenshots and save them to a separate folder (linked to my Dropbox)
Turns out Steam still creates ,jpg versions to upload (even if you don't upload)
and if you were to delete the screenshots via Steam, it only removes the .jpg versions
Is this intended?

more speed gaming:

Saturday Morning RPG - much better than I expected, much better than it had any right to be looking at pictures. Graphics are awful but have a certain charm to them, writing is cheesy as shit but might be intended given the theme (or not), combat system is actually quite good, and the whole idea of it tickles my nostalgia bone in a good way. Im sure most will cringe at stuff like the power glove kid reference, I thought it was cute :p Also the main bad guy is basically a green cobra commander

Planets Under Attack - Neat little strategy game, reminds me A LOT of Eufloria (which I also liked quite a bit), particulary in how you send hundreds of ships to conquer planets. Great art style. Its level based so im curious how evolved the basic "send a million ships to conquer planets" mechanic gets

Beware Planet Earth - Hey do you like Plants vs Zombies? its kinda like that, but more toward defense-y (as in with maps and not lanes. Again, great art style. Seemed like a completely competent TD, and my favorite ones are usually the cartoony ones so.

Deep Dungeons of Doom - Super charming and simple to play "rpg" (if you can call it that, you basically just go down room to room battling enemies), it might aswell be a mobile game (was it?), but in a good way. Lots of items to get, gameplay while simple is good, great look / use of pixel art. Good stuff, as opposed to the other mobile-feeling game...

Reaper Tale of a Pale Swordsman - Although the art style is great, the gameplay is not. This oen feels like a mobile game in the bad sense, you dont even attack, you just auto attack when you get near enemies. Short levels, boring gameplay, big fat nope.

will continue to post speed gaming quick impressions for that 1 dude that asked. Because im bored. Fuck you Milamber

Darkout - Oh this is one of them Terraria games? ok, sure is prettier than the usual ones. Ok lets build a house...ok theres the floor and the walls. Ok you want me to put a door in game? let me put a door in please. No? You keep telling me theres no room even tho clearly there is? Ok then. Uninstalled.

quick google search showed a possible bug, or im just an idiot, either way, I dont care.

bit Dungeon II - this one's more like it. Cute little rogue-like Zelda inspirred hack n slash. Gameplay is janky as shit, art is cute. You level up super fast, and theres a lot of enemies. And actual dungeons, like the name says. Cleared a dungeon, died shortly after, game imediatly starts again with a new tile-set and map and shit. Ok then, you seem alrigh bit Dungeon II

I was interested in Reaper mostly from the art style, I think I'll pass.

Deep Dungeons of Doom looks like fun, I'll give it a try :)

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?
Hold your breath
Make a wish
Count to three

Come with me
And you'll be
In a world of
Pure assassination
Take a look
And you'll see
Into your assassination~

This war of mine seems to be right up my alley, as I thought it would be. Only thing I could afford from the sale. It's great for when I want to take a break from TW3.

Lain

i have another confession.

i've never played a Shenmue game

I think the majority of people in the videogame playing world haven't played Shenmue, otherwise the Dreamcast wouldn't have died early and it wouldn't have taken all this long and a kickstarter for the 3rd entry.

Rhaknar

4 more

Biglands: A Game Made By Kids - Its not made by kids, the art is. Which is super charming. The game itself is a ok--ish 2d platformer with light rpg elements. Its all about the charm and the fact that the art is actual drawings of the dev's nephews. Call me sentimental in my old age, I dug it (well the 10mins or so I played)

Abomination Tower - 2d platformer with super meatboy-like (or light actually) controls (wall jumps and whatnot). Kinda ugly, plays well enough. Seems ok, will probably get more interesting as you collect more power ups (if you get all 5 items in each level you unlock several passive stuff for your dude)

Angvik - This is...weird. A sort of physic-y ghost n goblins, with perma death. Lots of items, very hard, aparently the idea is to finish it in one go (also its not very long I hear). Some neat stuff here, with the random armors and weapons you collect along the way (like ghost n goblins you lose pieces of armor when you get hit). Weapons degrade super fast, most of the time youre jumping on enemies mario-style. Class choice at the start means little since you lsoe all your stuff very fast. Again, interesting stuff here.

140 - Holy shit this is awesome. Did you like Thomas Was Alone? Replace the british narration with funky beats and you (kinda) get 140. Its actually more of a pure platformer and not so much a puzzler, and the music incorporates into the levels in a great way (platforms will appear and disapear with beats and shit). Great minimalistic art, very much like Thomas. Probably my fave of the whole bunch ive been trying.

Still no info from Sqaure regards to Type-0/Duscae PC :/
--
Also, thanks Shadownet. What a pleasant surprise :)
I'll be requesting a long ban. I will get some things with my life together and I need to stop being so glued to the site. Those who wants to talk with me my steam profile is linked here on my GAF profile. I shall see you guys later and keep getting those +1
Farewell.

Is Shenmue filled with QTEs? That sounds like my kind of game.
I dunno if you're being serious or not but the term QTE originated from the Shenmue games.
I think the majority of people in the videogame playing world haven't played Shenmue, otherwise the Dreamcast wouldn't have died early and it wouldn't have taken all this long and a kickstarter for the 3rd entry.
There's that and that of you're 20 now you probably didn't play it when you were 5. So it's very much a generational thing as well as an obscurity thing where you needed a dreamcast and/or an Xbox 1 to play through the first 2 games and you had to be at least in your early teens when those games came out to have played them and for it to have made any sense.

Double

Angvik - This is...weird. A sort of physic-y ghost n goblins, with perma death. Lots of items, very hard, aparently the idea is to finish it in one go (also its not very long I hear). Some neat stuff here, with the random armors and weapons you collect along the way (like ghost n goblins you lose pieces of armor when you get hit). Weapons degrade super fast, most of the time youre jumping on enemies mario-style. Class choice at the start means little since you lsoe all your stuff very fast. Again, interesting stuff here.

The big problem I had was with the jumping, as you apparently could only jump straight up or all the way to a direction, but no "micro-managing" the jump, which made the parts were you had to jump over spikes and such pretty annoying.

Did I miss something or is it really meant like that?

Rhaknar

The big problem I had was with the jumping, as you apparently could only jump straight up or all the way to a direction, but no "micro-managing" the jump, which made the parts were you had to jump over spikes and such pretty annoying.

Did I miss something or is it really meant like that?

I believe you have to "commit" to your jumps yes.

Lain

I still remember the days that was THE white whale.

Also, fuck devs who don't discount dlc or discount it alot less than the base game

I remember the days of Van Helsing DLC not getting discounts.
Also Tokyo School Life OST this sale. It was 15% off before Tokyo School Life was a special deal, then the game became a special deal and the OST lost even that measly 15% off, so now it is full price.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
AoWIII pls go sale

Only 3 drops a day.

The badge he means is the one specific to the game. There's two. One for the cards, one to do with the meta game. Sort of like how last summer we had one badge for our team, and another for cards?
You get a badge for level milestones. Maybe more? I haven't looked into it past seeing a new badge in my profile.

untitledv2qx5.png

Ahh right, thanks for clarifying!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom