• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2015 II - Click the Monsters You Monster

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deitus

Not everyone has the choice, but clearly whoever banned him had a problem with what he wrote.

And clearly he has already paid his dues for his comment. What was the purpose of bringing it up again apropos of nothing, when it really didn't even have to do with what was being discussed?

dex3108

I just watched new MGS Phantom Pain 40 minutes demo and i only saw average game that has too much flaws for "best stealth game ever". Snake is running full speed towards guards in open space and they don't see him? He is shouting commands to hos companion few meters from enemies they don;t hear him? He is kicking enemy few meters from other enemy and he does't hear it?

All in all sound really doesn't matter in this game as far as i can see. Also graphic is average (i thing that demo is from PS4 version) but again it is cross gen game. Character animation are funny and boy do i hate that running sound effect.

Dsyndrome

Why can't we all just get along? Sony and Microsoft, Firaxis, etc., kumbaya, all that stuff.

What're the chances of the Pipboy Edition of Fallout 4 getting restocked? Wasn't going to bite until finding out Bethesda usually allows Steam activation for retail PC games.
I'm sorry, I don't see anything wrong with asking why would anyone play a Fallout or Elder Scrolls game on a console?
I mean, seriously, why would anyone do that given the choice?
I refuse to ever again after Skyrim PS3 and Fallout 3 DLC. My brother does it solely because he's PC inept, I tell him he'll be sorry, but whatever.

All in all sound really doesn't matter in this game as far as i can see. Also graphic is average (i thing that demo is from PS4 version) but again it is cross gen game. Character animation are funny and boy do i hate that running sound effect.

...Average? Compared to what, real life?

I just watched new MGS Phantom Pain 40 minutes demo and i only saw average game that has too much flaws for "best stealth game ever". Snake is running full speed towards guards in open space and they don't see him? He is shouting commands to hos companion few meters from enemies they don;t hear him? He is kicking enemy few meters from other enemy and he does't hear it?

I suppose it aint perfect but what other open world stealth game is out there? the Asscreed games are terribad at stealth and...that's kinda it. So MGSV is pretty much a thing of its own. And I'll take kinda stupid AI over overzealous AI that is constantly pursuing you and being super annoying.

dex3108

...Average? Compared to what, real life?

There is nothing impressive for game 2015 game. No PBR, bad AF, bad AA, not that good draw distance, pop in is there, texture resolution is not that good, no POM, low poly objects ...

I understand that game is open world and cross gen but still i expected more.

I suppose it aint perfect but what other open world stealth game is out there? the Asscreed games are terribad at stealth and...that's kinda it. So MGSV is pretty much a thing of its own. And I'll take kinda stupid AI over overzealous AI that is constantly pursuing you and being super annoying.

I think that big levels are better than open world for stealth games so they could stick with that.

Khronico

Blood Bowl is a practically perfect recreation of the actual Blood Bowl tabletop game (if you don't know what that is, imagine NFL Blitz with way more death, blood, dirty plays and fantasy races). The singleplayer is decent but multiplayer is where it truly shines. Getting a friend on voice chat and going through some matches is some of the funnest MP experiences I've had. Keep in mind that Blood Bowl 2 is coming out very soon so I'd recommend just waiting for that since it looks to be a great improvement over the first.

---

ALL OF YOU NEED TO GET RAINBOW SIX 3 AND CHAOS THEORY NOW THAT IT'S SO CHEAP.
TWO OF THE BEST GAMES EVER MADE FOR TWO DOLLARS AND FIFTY CENTS

yuraya

I just want MGSV to invoke the feelings I have for MGS1.

Your feelings shall be invoked..

468px-Mgs5mantis.jpg

:p

Chariot

what are you talking about? :/
I''ve been trying to protect Vita-chan
Oh, I misinterpreted your post. Sorry! But yeah, some big percentage console gamers look down upon PC, Vita and other consoles. They're basically like Willy from the Simpsons during his Scots fight Scots speech.

Uzzy

Vampire: The Masquerade

Do I pick this up now Steam Gaf?

Late, because hopefully you've already picked it up, but if not then here's my suggestion.

Yes. For the love of Caine yes. It's an incredible RPG, only spoiled by bugs and a weaker last act. It's got immense replayability, thanks to the different clans and fan made mods, which are still being made today. The atmosphere of the game is phenomenal, and it's packed with great characters and writing and quests.

Just avoid playing as a Malkavian or a Nosferatu for your first time. Pick Toreador if you want to be awesome, but the other clans have some benefits.

Chariot

Late, because hopefully you've already picked it up, but if not then here's my suggestion.

Yes. For the love of Caine yes. It's an incredible RPG, only spoiled by bugs and a weaker last act. It's got immense replayability, thanks to the different clans and fan made mods, which are still being made today. The atmosphere of the game is phenomenal, and it's packed with great characters and writing and quests.

Just avoid playing as a Malkavian or a Nosferatu for your first time. Pick Toreador if you want to be awesome, but the other clans have some benefits.
Tz, tz, tz. Don't be a dirty peasant, be a powerful Ventrue. Clan Ventrue where it's at.
Why do shit yourself if you can dominate others into it?

Maniac

Banned

Not surprised. MegaTextures had a lot of potential but needed a whole lot of work... Work that noone but Carmack seemed competent and knowledgeable enough to do. Dynamic Lighting is... Really lovely though, so I don't mind. Dynamic lighting + PBR are some of my favourite things in the whole wide world.
Looks like no new badge for the meta game today.

Really?

Good god, I'm glad. Now I don't have to care about it anymore! :'D

Grief.exe

It seems like every game I get into isn't stacking wormholes on the -00 bosses. We are just breezing through those levels way too fast.

Worried about my 1,000,000+ badge.

zkylon

zkylewd
doto may have a new client but they don't have any splatoon skins

i may be finally getting payed next week so maybe finally... new videocard... maybe...

and tbh there's so many games to play right now that i'm a bit overwhelmed ;_;

Phawx

I'm in room 45663

Level: 5629, Expected Level: 295295, Likely Level: 269294 > Remaining Time: 23 hours, 23 minutes.

Well, I was going to buy the Rainbow Six/Splinter Cell/H.A.W.X games, but then I realized that I probably wouldn't play half of them.

Seems ripe for some kind of bundle later down the line anyway.

derExperte

Please keep your scripts updated, especially if your in one of the good rooms, old scripts can ruin it for everyone.

Well, I was going to buy the Rainbow Six/Splinter Cell/H.A.W.X games, but then I realized that I probably wouldn't play half of them.

Seems ripe for some kind of bundle later down the line anyway.

Yes.
A Uplay bundle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom