• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2015 II - Click the Monsters You Monster

Status
Not open for further replies.
They discussed morale levels and stuff like that. Like motherbase soldiers don't like it when Quiet is around or wtvr. So there will be some story and some type of roleplaying elements involved I'm guessing.

I'm sure they can die during missions but I doubt they will be gone forever. It would suck because there doesn't seem to be a lot of buddies. Only showed 4 so far I wonder if they will have more.

Not enough details apparently they can die forever though.

I see. Probably end up buying it on nuuvem or something like that when it launches for fear of having the game spoiled if i wait too long so I suppose I'll find out soon enough. Just need to do a 100% playthrough of GZ on the PC before then.

2K games is still trying to make Evolve happen

It's not going to happen

Well, it has about +300k owners according to steamspy so maybe it sorta kinda happened.

Also, for anyone who uses BPM: Is DOTA2 always showing as your most recently played games? I dont even have that crap installed, why is it always listed as my most recently played game? Been doing this for a while and it's super annoying

D

Deleted member 98878

Unconfirmed Member
Do they expect to get a lot of money from that?

Like the playerbase must be minimal at this point.

Xk5nNNK.png

rtcn63

They're probably just trying to recoup as much money as they can from the brand and assets. Did Evolve meet financial expectations?

yuraya

It's really going to be hard to do GOTY awards this year. I already have Witcher 3, Skylines, and Clicker Heroes
lol
aiming for the top spot.

Don't forget Ori and Bloodborne.

And we still have games like XCOM2, Fallout 4, Hitman, Persona 5, and Anno 2205 releasing later this year. Not mention a bunch of other AAA games like Tomb Raider, Halo 5 and Battlefront. Plus many overlooked indie games. This is gonna be some year. Wallets will be scarred for life.

Grief.exe

Holy shit.

One less reason to get a console. I thought this was an exclusive.

It never was, but it always gets confusing when the console manufacturers get involved with marketing. They are motivated to only advertise their product, so the PC version ends up getting swept under the rug.

With No Man's Sky, Hello Games had their studio flooded and were having trouble meeting development milestones. Since Sony was supporting their marketing campaign, they felt obligated to release that version and admitted to putting the PC version on hold.

The announcement of the simultaneous release at the PC press conference was huge for this reason.

On the same topic, I will never forget how I got destroyed in the Transistor release thread for mentioning the PC version. People would continually come in and say they were going to have to buy a $400 console for this game. Informing them there was a PC version during the height of PS4 zealotry was a mistake.

Another thing I learned from that thread. The light blinking on the DS4 during the Transistor's narration was the next coming of God.

tumblr_maakw4UOsy1rus69co9_250.gif

fantomena

On the same topic, I will never forget how I got destroyed in the Transistor release thread for mentioning the PC version. People would continually come in and say they were going to have to buy a $400 console for this game. Informing them there was a PC version during the height of PS4 zealotry was a mistake.

You did also get banned for that PC comment.

It never was, but it always gets confusing when the console manufacturers get involved with marketing. They are motivated to only advertise their product, so the PC version ends up getting swept under the rug.

With No Man's Sky, Hello Games had their studio flooded and were having trouble meeting development milestones. Since Sony was supporting their marketing campaign, they felt obligated to release that version and admitted to putting the PC version on hold.

The announcement of the simultaneous release at the PC press conference was huge for this reason.

Another thing I learned from that thread. The light blinking on the DS4 during the Transistor's narration was the next coming of God.

tumblr_maakw4UOsy1rus69co9_250.gif

Its super effective though. Multiplat games always get stuck in my head associated with the conference I saw them in.

You can get banned for mentioning other platforms for a game?

Grief.exe

This is the second time you've brought that up, why do you continue to do so?

Completely unrelated as that occurred a year after Transistor's release.

Furthermore, the Transistor thread in reference I was legitimately trying to help people, while the one your referring to was a tongue-in-cheek sarcastic comment.

It's super effective though. Multiplat games always get stuck in my head associated with the conference I saw them in.

Seriously, I don't blame you. Up until this conference, you essentially had to watch all of Sony's conferences twice to assess the word choice. They've been advertising a ridiculous amount of PC games for a long time, they are just sly about how they phrase them.

fantomena

You can get banned for mentioning other platforms for a game?

I think the comment was about Grief not understand how somebody could play a Bethesda game (Fallout? Elder Scrolls?) on a console.

Just for the sake of it, not everyone has an interest in PC gaming.

This is the second time you've brought that up, why do you continue to do so?

Cause I still find it very shitty what you wrote.

derExperte

Watching a Twitch stream of Reddit room #1 in the minigame.

64 million.

64 million.

64.9. Which is aggravating because some fools haven't updated their scripts and are now slowing everything down, could've reached 70 easily otherwise. So please, if anyone here is in one of those rooms keep your scripts updated.

Jawmuncher

I think the comment was about Grief not understand how somebody could play a Bethesda game (Fallout? Elder Scrolls) on a console.

Cause I still find it very shittywhat you write.

Transistor can be ran on pretty low end pcs. Makes sense in the case of people going "I gotta pay 400" when they probably already had something to run it.

fantomena

Transistor can be ran on pretty low end pcs. Makes sense in the case of people going "I gotta pay 400" when they probably already had something to run it.

Im not talking about Transistor though, I actually thought it was very good that Grief mentioned that the game has a PC version and I was a bit angry for all the attacks he got for it.

Knurek

I think the comment was about Grief not understand how somebody could play a Bethesda game (Fallout? Elder Scrolls?) on a console.

I'm sorry, I don't see anything wrong with asking why would anyone play a Fallout or Elder Scrolls game on a console?
I mean, seriously, why would anyone do that given the choice?

fantomena

I'm sorry, I don't see anything wrong with asking why would anyone play a Fallout or Elder Scrolls game on a console?

Not everyone has the choice, but clearly whoever banned him had a problem with what he wrote.

Grief.exe

Let me reiterate the point.

This is from two thousand and eleven. People were playing games like this just four years ago. My mind was blown when someone posted the image in that particular thread.

The thing that really frustrates me is we are on course to do this again. Both the PS4 and XBO are underpowered compared to technology growth in the PC and mobile sectors.

Not everyone has the choice, but clearly whoever banned him had a problem with what he wrote.

I honestly think it was because I was directing that comment at Shinobi, not necessarily the content of the comment.

PS4 zealotry is real and annoying
even for VitaGAF, stay safe SteamGAF

All zealotry is real. I find that some of the more insufferable groups (besides the obvious platform zealotry) tend to be the bungie and halo fanboys, which can often be one in the same but aren't mutually exclusive. Then there's the nintendo first party fanboys, those folks aren't too keen on first party ninty games getting anything below perfect scores regardless if the game is flawed or not. Then there's the 60 fps on consoles fanboys who seemed to come out of nowhere this generation and will set X developers house on fire and break the discs of their games if every game produced isn't 60 fps.

Maybe i'm just getting old but I find any irrational fanboy-isms to be grating and just poisons almost any decent discussions on this board. It just feels like with the spread of there being more platforms, more genres, and more at stake this gen that there are even more warrior factions than ever before. And that goes without mentioning the shitty GG folks who take every progressive step gaming as a whole is making and grunting and shitting on it because they miss the dark ages of gaming.

::rant over::

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom