• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2015 II - Click the Monsters You Monster

Status
Not open for further replies.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
Vampyr concept teaser (DONTNOD) (PC/PS4/X1) 2017

The studio behind Remember Me and Life is Strange unveils here a concept trailer for Vampyr, which sets the mood and universe of this new license, which promises to offer a unique, deeply immersive role-playing experience steeped in vampire mythology.

Vampyr is set in early 20th century Britain as the country is gripped by the lethal Spanish flu and the streets of London are crippled by disease, violence and fear. In a disorganized and ghostly city, those foolish, desperate, or unlucky enough to walk the streets lay prey to Britain’s most elusive predators: the vampires. Emerging from the chaos, a tormented figure awakens. You are Jonathan E. Reid, a high-ranking military surgeon transformed into a vampire upon his return home from the frontline.

Explore the darkly atmospheric streets of early 20th century London, and interact with a multitude of characters with their own identities and importance. Accept and fulfill the missions they give you, but don’t forget: sooner or later, you will have to feed, and make a difficult choice... who will be your prey? Absolutely all characters in the game are potential victims of your vampiric lust. Carefully study the habits of your next victim, his or her relationships with other characters, and set up your strategy to feed, unnoticed: seduce them, change their daily habits, or make sure they end up alone in a dark street…

Be careful who you choose to hunt, as they will be gone forever, and their death will impact in a meaningful way the world that surrounds you. Feeding on human blood will not just keep you "alive"; it will also unlock new vampiric powers to use.

There will be times when exploration and seduction will only get you so far, and you'll need to resort to engaging in Vampyr's dynamic real-time combat. It blends hard-hitting melee combat with ranged shooting mechanics and the supernatural vampire powers. You'll face many types of enemies: different species of vampires and creatures, as well as vampire hunters who want to hunt you down with their weapons, tools and traps. In Vampyr, your health and the "energy" that drives your supernatural powers are one and same! Using powers will drain your own blood, giving you an edge in battle but also leaving you weaker. You will have to find a way to feed during combat to replenish your strength.

Vampyr also offers a deep crafting system. Find and loot materials and components from the fresh corpses of your victims or during exploration, in order to craft and improve tools, melee and ranged weapons, as well as special ammunitions and coating to exploit the weaknesses of your enemies.

As you cling to what remains of your humanity, your decisions will ultimately shape the fate of your hero while searching for answers in the coughing, foggy aftermath of the Spanish Flu.

JustLynx

But it's not as nice as a shaved pussy wearing sunglasses
lewd

F2h8NvT.gif

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
i never could get into risen

i don't think i gave it the fairest of chances but nothing about its starting area grabbed me. i'm pretty much jank immune but i didn't feel any "hooks" or whatever

same thing happened to me with divinity 2

I know I'm probably not missing out on much, and that it'll probably end up in another bundle at some point, but it would have probably been $1.99. That's an okay price for an RPG like that even if it's bland.

Sounds interesting. I hope that an early 20th century British version of Warren is among the characters that you can hunt.

zkylon

zkylewd
wtf shadownet

I know I'm probably not missing out on much, and that it'll probably end up in another bundle at some point, but it would have probably been $1.99. That's an okay price for an RPG like that even if it's bland.
that would be too expensive

ZWBLrT8.png

(that's the bugged bundle price lol)

Knurek

Well, that's it for sale for me.
Seriously.
€.33 left in my Paypal.
Don't have any more monies to spend till 7th.
You hear me, Valve? You can end the sale already, really...

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Having to e-mail devs proof of purchase in order to Steam keys for bundled games is a bit of pain.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
A few more spares:

ModBot said:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Luna's Wandering Stars -- MB-1F283BE9164C686E - Taken by WinterDemons
Blue Rose -- MB-FA5E81546BA225AF - Taken by Blu(e)
Way to Go -- MB-C9765D00ED63A7C0 - Taken by arts&crafts

I apologise in advance if the Blue Rose key has already been used.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Dirty Bomb Fragger Mercenary (Steam) -- MB-376C52F5E551735A - Taken by Benedict

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
Napoleon Total War is 2$/2€/2£ on the Humble store in honour of Waterloo's 200th anniversary.

Also:

In conjunction with "Waterloo 200," the official body supporting the commemoration of the battle’s bicentenary, 50% of proceeds will be donated to their chosen charity, Walking with the Wounded www.walkingwiththewounded.org.uk, which provides re-education and re-training for wounded service men and women for new careers outside of the military.

Does it contain all DLC?

No, it's just the base game. The DLC is still currently on sale as a daily deal on Steam, though.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:

Dirty Bomb Fragger Mercenary -- MB-435A61479B9B6662 - Taken by Spirited

Shadownet

Banned
Is it just me or does the video from the store page for Ark look a lot like a bullshot video. I've watched some gameplay on YouTube and nothing look that good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom