• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2015 II - Click the Monsters You Monster

Status
Not open for further replies.
ಠ_ಠ
5c40QY7.jpg

Vlad

Grabbed Infinifactory today, and being a huge SpaceChem fan, I can already recommend it to anybody who really like this sort of game. So far, it seems quite a bit easier than SpaceChem is, which I'm guessing might be attributed to the lowered amount of restrictions. There's no penalty for piece collisions (indeed, pushing pieces around with other pieces is regularly necessary), and you've got WAY more room to work with compared to SpaceChem. I'm really curious to see where it goes from here, and the story, such as it is, is pretty amusingly told, with a really bizarre shift from humorous to really dark.

shockdude

Rainbow Six Vegas and Chaos Theory are real tempting. As a guy who prefers arcade over tactical and has never played anything from either series, should I go for them?

Still waiting on Ikaruga and ScreenCheat. Doesn't look like they'll make it by the end of the sale though.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I dont care about much videogames wise, morals wise (I have no morals), I usually dont get upset about shady things, I just /shrug them off

but fuck that ARK "daily", I hate that shit.

Also amazing weekly humble, I dont have any of that and wanted Pix bad. Wont get hot tin roof tho

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
hah the escapists 50% was a price mistake? oh well was still too much anyway

Life is Strange devs need to learn to look at telltale and learn how to sale

Did I miss anything else besides Type 0?

edit: gimme dat 75% on Amazing Spiderman 2 Acti, none of this 66% bullshit >_>

Vibranium

Banned
The only thing that I really hate about E3 is the CGI trailers. Like if you don't have anything to show than don't show it. There are other devs/publishers who do have gameplay to show and you are just taking away their opportunity. CGI trailers need to be banned.

The FF7 trailer was amazing though because Square had been trolling everyone for so long that it had a huge impact on fans.

Rhaknar

ModBot said:
Instructions for Rhaknar:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Rhaknar, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Torchlight II -- MB-0451C5DE525A3EB4 - Taken by Sch1sm. 5 entrants total.

t1434666141z1.png

in case someone didnt get the humble

Sch1sm

Sch1sm, for sure. You rang?

Wishlisted Type-0 already. I didn't pick it up Day 1 on console in hope.

On a completely different note. I'll probably get a lot of different answers, but what would you guys say is the best deal for today? Quality wise, price is just a bonus. Like the game that should definitely be picked up today.

S1n1st3r

Banned
Enhanced steam says Infested planet deluxe pack with the dlc isn't even the cheapest its been on steam. :/

Fuck this clicking shit, millions of clicks for a mediocre discount.

Ozium

just saw pix the cat for dollar

better than a daily

better than a flash

gonna grab it now

gonna grab it fast

praise humble

no grumble

praise humble

Arthea

Sch1sm, for sure. You rang?

Wishlisted Type-0 already. I didn't pick it up Day 1 on console in hope.

On a completely different note. I'll probably get a lot of different answers, but what would you guys say is the best deal for today? Quality wise, price is just a bonus. Like the game that should definitely be picked up today.

Humble Weekly bundle

Dsyndrome

Ori's achievements are a little janky, no way I've already created 50 soul links and killed 500 enemies with (or without) spirit flame in the first hour.

So one more New Sales day and an encore day left?

Sch1sm

This Jesus is a
she,
you can call it sacrilege.

Humble Weekly bundle

pls. I bet the answer is Ori. Everyone's been looking forward to Ori it seems. I've picked up nothing today except Torchlight II but I have to thank Rhaknar for that one.

Knurek

Age of Wonders III, no doubt.
Best price/gameplay time ratio.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
talking about Type 0, will you buy it day one still if it's 60-70€ (that's $60-70 for you, I assume)?

I pre-ordered the PS4 version almost 6 months before it was released, at full price. I might actually hold off on the PC release until I get confirmation of it's technical state. If it's a good port that runs decently I'll probably pay full price. If it's a hot mess like XIII and XIII-2, I'll wait for a good sale.

Lain

Well, at least it ain't DotEmu...
Wonder if they will keep the FFXIII framepacer, just to fuck with us.

Maybe through their work on Type-0 they'll learn how to fix XIII and XIII-2, plus with this new-found knowledge they'll bring out a Lightning Returns with good performances and better textures and non-poly-starved characters.

It's so good to dream.

zkylon

zkylewd
i have no idea of what type 0 is, but i like sailor uniforms and final fantasy so it sounds like something i could get into

60 usd tho, probably not lol

zkylon throwing shade
like a vagabond in merlin's clothes
spitting venom which he made
to what end though, no one knows

the internet
a vast ocean of waste
the internet
how bitter the taste

:(
haha oh man

i don't know why we don't talk on steam anymore lol

Sch1sm

I remember returning Neverending Nightmares last sale.

It's like inception. It didn't scare me because of the knowledge that he woke up from a dream and is still dreaming. I dunno. There's apparently multiple endings, I finished the first in less than 2 hours.

Only psychological horrors I'm into are novels, but that was just me.

Ozium's stage name should be Crayzium.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
got it
another one today
another you wont play
gotta catch em all
they say it's the journey
restless hearts
sleep alone tonight
lovin that gaben man
ain't always what it's supposed to be