• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2015 II - Click the Monsters You Monster

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salsa

araheQT.jpg

tRahj4d.png

Sch1sm

So what you're telling me is don't pick it up.

Pretty much. You know how people love To The Moon despite its gameplay shortfalls because of its story?

This is a walk and search sim, sort of like gone home in that respect - you walk, search for things. Not even a fast walk, the kind of walk you want to brush past in school halls. It went from building tension to irritating. You can run, but he'll get an asthma attack or something. It's a lot of repetition there, as well as the scenery, and even the music eventually loses its ability to cause tension.

It does have a great sound effects, I'll give it that. The art style is pretty nice, too. It's just not that scary a horror game. I imagine people fell asleep trying, just pushing for the end and avoiding enemies (which became really, really easy).

You could probably buy it, play it, and return it since it won't last 2 hours at all.

Jazz573

Is Titan Souls worth it at 40% off? I'm not absolutely dying to play it now, so I could wait till it shows up in a weekly sale (if it ever does) or the Black Friday or Winter Sales.

zkylon

zkylewd
Is Titan Souls worth it at 40% off? I'm not absolutely dying to play it now, so I could wait till it shows up in a weekly sale (if it ever does) or the Black Friday or Winter Sales.

havent played it, but if u can wait just wait

better not to buy things that you're not gonna play right away

if you're not one of those saoirses

rtcn63

No Man's Sky

A visual novel that focuses on a group of former high school mates who years later not only chance upon each other, but the girl they were all at one point in love with, but never sought. The mysterious but somehow well-known Sky, a vaunted Irish actress who strangely does only forgettable films, sporting hair even blonder than any of them can recall from memory. Follow the group as they individually attempt to get into her graces (and into her pants), while discovering what really caused Sky to leave town senior year, as well as the sordid and almost unbelievable moments leading up her sudden appearance in the present day.

Also space ships and ghosts.

iosefe

No Man's Sky

A visual novel that focuses on a group of former high school mates who years later not only chance upon each other, but the girl they were all at one point in love with, but never sought. The mysterious but somehow well-known Sky, a vaunted Irish actress who strangely does only forgettable films, sporting hair even blonder than any of them can recall from memory. Follow the group as they individually attempt to get into her graces (and into her pants), while discovering what really caused Sky to leave town senior year, as well as the sordid and almost unbelievable moments leading up her sudden appearance in the present day.

Also space ships and ghosts.

what the fuck is this shit?

Maniac

Banned
how so? i mean, it has some interesting functions, but i'm still not sure :/

Well, it's really damn cheap right now, and I personally just love the depth of the wallpaper profile functionality. You can set it to change wallpapers at a custom interval (per monitor, if you'd like) from whatever source you wish, whether it's randomly nabbed from a website, a specific gallery on a website or a folder from your PC, and you can adjust the wallpapers' placement on a per-pixel level. Simply being able to lock programs to my secondary toolbar is... Really lovely.

And also other things. Possibly.
Just came around watching Deus Ex Gameplay Demo - IGN Live: E3 2015

Interesting part that dev stressed out was the focus to bring on action. Stealth in HR was already great, now they are focusing on action aspect.

It's a good watch, 9minutes. Shows actual gameplay.

Thanks.
It was great, aye. But still nowhere near as good as in the OG Deus Ex.

Lain

Give the demo a whirl. The game is interesting and the demo will give you a feel for the kind of experience you'll be facing. It helped me decide to not get it because while interesting and challenging, it didn't feel like the kind of game I'd spend too much time on.

Salsa

dude I can never find games on Lethal League

im just doin quick match 1v1 and nothin

it works tho since I joined a couple, not a ports thing

... it'd bother me more if the idle menu music wasnt this great tbh

Grief.exe

Steam daily deals ordered by their user review ratings.

Shovel Knight (97%)
Life is Strange (97%)
Batman AA (97%)
Ori and the Blind Forest (96%)
Walking Dead S2 (96%)
Batman AC (96%)
The Escapists (94%)
Hand of Fate (93%)
Dying Light (91%)
Batman AO (86%)
Medieval Engineers (85%)
Dungeon Defenders II (83%)
Age of Wonders III (81%) - I'm surprised this one is so low actually
Grid (77%)
Ark (73%) - Getting destroyed by people angry about no discount on daily
Anno 2070 68% - DRM always trashes user reviews
Evolve (65%)

Sch1sm

I'm gonna play Age of Wonders III either tonight or tomorrow to see if that percentage is reflective at all. Have it downloading now.

im at that point in the sale where i want to try something new that ive bought even though i have a ton of stuff i was already playing like ohhhhhh Witcher 3 and have no idea what i would want to play

Miguel81

Shovel Knight (97%)

As someone who only recently played through it, Shovel Knight was incredibly satisfying, especially after completing it in New Game+ mode. Really a great homage to some of the more interesting NES games. The soundtrack is so good that it has made me Youtube it on many an occasion, and that's pretty rare for me when it comes to more modern titles.

Lain

Shovel Knight (97%)
Life is Strange (97%)
Batman AA (97%)
Walking Dead S2 (96%)
Batman AC (96%)
The Escapists (94%)
Hand of Fate (93%)
Dying Light (91%)
Batman AO (86%)
Medieval Engineers (85%)
Grid (77%)
Evolve (65%)

Did the same happen to Portal and CS:GO?

Shovel Knight (97%)
Life is Strange (97%)
Batman AA (97%)
Walking Dead S2 (96%)
Batman AC (96%)
The Escapists (94%)
Hand of Fate (93%)
Dying Light (91%)
Batman AO (86%)
Medieval Engineers (85%)
Grid (77%)
Evolve (65%)
Turn-based games are scored 20 points lower than normal so that other games can compete.

titch

Some Indie Royal Spares and Leftovers From Previous Raffles - best get those royal keys used up.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 10 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (titch, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Battlepaths -- MB-2FE080454613F06B - Taken by Hektor. 2 entrants total.
Commando Jack -- MB-F8D07AF76A8D33D0 - Taken by Vuze. 1 entrants total.
Rooks Keep -- MB-330BD858D37D9869 - Taken by SilentRacoon. 1 entrants total.
Spoiler Alert -- MB-F2336A992455C356 - Taken by Belgarion. 1 entrants total.
Greyfox -- MB-69C7A79A27BD74E5 - Taken by Baron_Calamity. 1 entrants total.
Pixel Star -- MB-1B794042329ECE89 - Taken by darkchewie. 1 entrants total.
Chronicles of a Dark Lord: Ep. II War of The Abyss -- MB-AAA2D5C6D39B6B62 - Taken by Eila. 1 entrants total.
Hare In The Hat -- MB-B9EAAD48F7392511 - Taken by texhnolyze. 2 entrants total.
Chronicles of a Dark Lord: Episode 1 Tides of Fate Complete -- MB-35AD8ADE23704C7C - Taken by xGreg. 1 entrants total.
RADical ROACH Deluxe Edition -- MB-D9AF85B8FF1AB8BE - Taken by kurahador. 5 entrants total.

t1434676342z1.png

Khronico

Oh goody. I booted up Splinter Cell Conviction and was immediately greeted by uplay. Completely forgot that hot garbage was tied to pretty much every modern ubisoft PC title.

tmarg

Did the same happen to Portal and CS:GO?

Probably, but those games already have a huge base of positive reviews, so it probably didn't move the needle much.

As for AoW3, it came out in the middle of a pretty big run of 4x games, including Endless Legend which a lot of people liked more. That probably brought the review average down a bit.

Miguel81

Oh goody. I booted up Splinter Cell Conviction and was immediately greeted by uplay. Completely forgot that hot garbage was tied to pretty much every modern ubisoft PC title.

Have you ever played it before? Other than the Uplay nuisance, I disliked how the black and white filter killed the moody shadows, which the rest of the series provide.

Alright so you guys know how this goes. Only two copies to give away this time because, well, that's all I could afford :p

5nFv462l.jpg

The keys were printed weird and I might have messed it up so if something goes wrong just PM me and we'll sort it out.

Good luck.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (spindoctor, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

t1cxE6r.gif
Lego Jurassic World -- MB-306142389A87B16F - Taken by Arthea. 85 entrants total.
Lego Jurassic World #2 -- MB-FAB227585BC6E736 - Taken by Avinexus. 74 entrants total.

t1434763461z1.png

Jawmuncher

Alright so you guys know how this goes. Only two copies to give away this time because, well, that's all I could afford :p

5nFv462l.jpg

The keys were printed weird and I might have messed it up so if something goes wrong just PM me and we'll sort it out.

Good luck.

Already own it but this is amazing. Best giveaway on SteamGAF.
tumblr_npwyfpt6Zr1uo758to1_500.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom