• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2015 II - Click the Monsters You Monster

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maniac

Banned
Already own it but this is amazing. Best giveaway on SteamGAF.
tumblr_npwyfpt6Zr1uo758to1_500.gif

Pretty sure there's been an ARK giveaway, just so ya' know.

Anyway, how are you enjoying life? Dinosaurs are making huge swathes of cash, so I'm assuming you're living the life, eh? Just knowing that dinosaurs are back as being the shit must make you all happy and... Other none depressive things.

Edit: this is probs Jaw right about now.

insta032.gif

EXTRA EDIT: I wanted to go to bed close to an hour ago, so now I'm really off. I swear! Nighty ladies & gents. See you soon, you lovely, freaky, cute weirdos!

Salsa

charged a bit more money on the card for other stuff and im debatin' Ground Zeroes while I can

im guessing it might just come as a pre-order incentive for the phantom pain tho......

Fuck, why didn't ya'll tell me it was slam poetry night!?

DAMNIT GUYS I WANTED TO INSULT OZIE

Why would you insult such a fine gentleman?

Peter Molyneux wouldn't be happy!

charged a bit more money on the card for other stuff and im debatin' Ground Zeroes while I can

im guessing it might just come as a pre-order incentive for the phantom pain tho......

Ground Zeroes for 5 dollars is a lot of value for your buck.

Jawmuncher

Anyway, how are you enjoying life? Dinosaurs are making huge swathes of cash, so I'm assuming you're living the life, eh? Just knowing that dinosaurs are back as being the shit must make you all happy and... Other none depressive things.

The fact that at least one Dino project should have been greenlighted by now has me excited. There's no way the success should be ignored in the world of video games. Someone is getting started on something that should be out by the time JW2 has. They just have to be.

And yeah that GIF basically sums up how I have been feeling. So glad for the success.

AHA-Lambda

I'm gonna ask again just in case but any impressions on Dex (The OT for it is totally dead!) or Lords of the Fallen?

Also, is Nazi Zombie Army trilogy worth picking up for solo play?

And what does the publisher say when Hitman hits the shelves?

"Here. Have some preorder DLC."
"Preorder the Seasonpass to get new missions."

I'm gonna ask again just in case but any impressions on Dex (The OT for it is totally dead!) or Lords of the Fallen?

Any cheap sale for Lords of the Fallen or why do you ask? I am also interested ;)

And no. I think the Nazi Zombie Army games are made for coop play. I couldnt even finish the first mission in the first game alone because of some Nazi Zombie Minigun guy. You also notice that the leveldesign is specially developed for at least two players.

If it's anything like the 2 previous Nazi Zombie Army games it's not a very good singleplayer game (but a pretty entertaining coop shooter)

i dont understand why im liking akibas trip , the combat isnt very good and thats basically what the game is like 70% of the time but i just cant stop playing it :v

Jazz573

Hard copies in this day and age? :p

I almost never buy physical PC games anymore. I do still often buy physical console and handheld games, but mostly the niche stuff (read: JRPGs/VNs) that come with nice preorder bonuses like soundtracks. The only time I've ever bought physical PC games in recent history, is when I've bought Japanese PC games by developers who for some reason don't make digital copies. Some devs are already doing this, but a larger majority aren't.

Hard copies in this day and age? :p

I almost never buy physical PC games anymore. I do still often buy physical console and handheld games, but mostly the niche stuff (read: JRPGs/VNs) that come with nice preorder bonuses like soundtracks. The only time I've ever bought physical PC games in recent history, is when I've bought Japanese PC games by developers who for some reason don't make digital copies. Some devs are already doing this, but a larger majority aren't.

what you know about this:

1996-tomb-raider-box-cover.jpg

iosefe

Alright so you guys know how this goes. Only two copies to give away this time because, well, that's all I could afford :p

5nFv462l.jpg

The keys were printed weird and I might have messed it up so if something goes wrong just PM me and we'll sort it out.

Good luck.

CD Key's with an install disk. lovely

time to get my Dino on. hopefully i have better luck than on the AW stream bank heists

Jazz573

what you know about this:

1996-tomb-raider-box-cover.jpg

But Tomb Raider isn't from this era, and back then digital distribution was barely even a thing. Also I've never played Tomb Raider, since I was only two years old when it came out. I have since bought it on GOG though. I was talking about PC games released nowadays. Most companies nowadays sell PC games digitally. The only exception I've really run into is Japanese PC devs who still don't sell physical copies. Of the past three Japanese PC games I've bought, I had to import a physical copy because the developers chose not to make a digital version.

Alright so you guys know how this goes. Only two copies to give away this time because, well, that's all I could afford :p

5nFv462l.jpg

The keys were printed weird and I might have messed it up so if something goes wrong just PM me and we'll sort it out.

Good luck.

Awesome dino sauce.

It's a rarity to witness physical PC copies here anyomore, I think the last time I saw one was for the last WoW expansion.

5nFv462l.jpg

Good luck.

I was not aware physical copies of this game existed! haha

Great giveaway though.

Steam daily deals ordered by their user review ratings.

Life is Strange (97%)
*snip*

Really want to pull the trigger on life is strange but 16$ just doesn't seem quite low enough yet. Probably will get more heavily discounted once all the episodes are available.

Jazz573

Awesome dino sauce.

It's a rarity to witness physical PC copies here anyomore, I think the last time I saw one was for the last WoW expansion.

I think the last domestically purchased physical PC game I've bought is Diablo 3. :p Well, I guess I did buy Steins;Gate and Aselia as well, a few months ago. (not sure if purchasing a game from the US counts as domestic, since I'm Canadian). Sure they were Japanese games but these are the English versions so whatever. Anyways besides those games I've only bought three other physical PC games and they were all Japanese imports. For some reason physical is still the preferred format in Japan, and there's no use complaining to the developers because 1. I can't write in Japanese well enough, and 2. There's little to no incentive for companies to support people in markets they never intended to sell to. In fact I had to use a proxy service to purchase them because most sites selling Japanese PC games won't ship to non-Japanese addresses, and as I'm sure many importers have noticed, they usually say something like "NOT FOR SALE OUTSIDE OF JAPAN" or "JAPAN SALES ONLY". I hope one day they'll stop practices like that, but I don't see it happening any time soon, considering a lot of Japanese PC devs are stubborn, and some of them are outright xenophobic and feel a bunch of stupid gaijin shouldn't be allowed to play their games. :/

Sarcasm

Edit: this is probs Jaw right about now.

insta032.gif

EXTRA EDIT: I wanted to go to bed close to an hour ago, so now I'm really off. I swear! Nighty ladies & gents. See you soon, you lovely, freaky, cute weirdos!

JW Lego still the better giveaway.

Jazz573

Any idea if rocksteady is in charge of Batman on PC or did they outsource it?

Are you talking about only a specific one or about all three?

Arkham Asylum: The PC version is by Rocksteady, but the Mac version is by Feral Interactive and also published by Feral Interactive.
Arkham City: Rocksteady
Arkham Origins: WB Games Montreal, Splash Damage

inm8num2

Watch a playthrough of the first level, it'll show you what you might be doing wrong or missing. The first boss is pretty easy, it's just a matter of you not getting greedy. It can also go by much quicker if you get there with minimal damage taken.

The second boss a bit tougher, but the game gets a bit easier after that point.

Yea I managed to beat that first boss soon after posting that. I think I just needed a break, plus I realized I didn't need to waste time with the lizard guys since they just jump off the left side rather than turn around. :p

Haven't reached the second boss yet. One problem I think I'm having is using my left hand for jumps/attacks/etc. If I switch to WASD and use my right hand for actions I think I'll not make as many mistakes.

Locust

Steam started blocking SteamDB links on their forums etc. Ridiculous.

First I thought it's just a blanket block on URLs that contain 'steam' but it's just SteamDB that triggers it.

chronomac

Trying to get my Xbox One controller to work with Rainbow Six Vegas is proving to be a headache. I tried getting the VID and PID of the controller and pasting that in an .ini file, as suggested in a couple forums, and it didn't work. Anyone else done this with success?

Are you talking about only a specific one or about all three?

Arkham Asylum: The PC version is by Rocksteady, but the Mac version is by Feral Interactive and also published by Feral Interactive.
Arkham City: Rocksteady
Arkham Origins: WB Games Montreal, Splash Damage

Sorry, talking about the new one.

Zia

Did Valve increase the amount of time it takes to get a card drop or is Idle Master not working properly for me? I've put 4 hours into three different games without a drop.

Sch1sm

Did Valve increase the amount of time it takes to get a card drop or is Idle Master not working properly for me? I've put 4 hours into three different games without a drop.

Yeah, we've all been having trouble with this. Lowest I've managed is just about 2 hours for the first card drop. Valve counteracting idlers who then ask for refunds is the theory.

E: so so so slow. haha.

Didn't JC say to Idle everything for 2 hours, and then after that idle one game at a time like usual?

No, it seems that doesn't really work (jshackles said that he tried and that the same thing that makes idling many games at the same time useless is in effect here)

Jazz573

Just finished the first level of Freedom Planet. What a great game. Sonic fans should definitely play this game. The music is very nice, although I was expecting an FM Synth soundtrack, but it's still great. Graphics are absolutely beautiful and Genesis/MegaDrive fans will definitely appreciate it.

Edit; If you still haven't bought it yet, I definitely recommend you do, although you still have well over 30 hours until the sale ends.

user237

Today I idled three games from the humble bundle, and I found: in the first 2 hours of each game, no card drops. After two hours, they start to drop like normal (some games still take longer than others)

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Today I idled three games from the humble bundle, and I found: in the first 2 hours of each game, no card drops. After two hours, they start to drop like normal (some games still take longer than others)

Refunds changed the drop rate

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom