• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2015 II - Click the Monsters You Monster

Status
Not open for further replies.

Annubis

I'm getting this error when trying to start any game
my mem is borked isn't it?
borkedtqqdo.png

How many of them do you have?
If more than one, remove half, then test the other half.

Coldsun

Banned
I wonder what the reason was for Valve to block SteamDB. They've been pretty helpful to their development by offering undocumented end-points and such in the past.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
No Man's Sky is going to be stupid huge. Good for them for such a small studio

wilflare

Steam daily deals ordered by their user review ratings.

Shovel Knight (97%)
Life is Strange (97%)
Batman AA (97%)
Ori and the Blind Forest (96%)
Walking Dead S2 (96%)
Batman AC (96%)
The Escapists (94%)
Hand of Fate (93%)
Dying Light (91%)
Batman AO (86%)
Medieval Engineers (85%)
Dungeon Defenders II (83%)
Age of Wonders III (81%) - I'm surprised this one is so low actually
Grid (77%)
Ark (73%) - Getting destroyed by people angry about no discount on daily
Anno 2070 68% - DRM always trashes user reviews
Evolve (65%)

how do you sort like that
and also sort by "overwhelmingly positive" again?

----
and is that AMD Fury X has no HDMI2.0 confirmed?

---
I'm at 573M for that Clicker-gamu now....
when will this end... soon I hope

Jazz573

Holy shit, Freedom Planet is really fun. I would assume everyone here likes fun, so I'd definitely recommend it if you like fun. Someone else also said the same thing, though that someone else was one of the reasons I wanted to get it, so to that person thank you (it was InfiniteNine). But seriously guys, BUY FREEDOM PLANET!

inm8num2

Had no idea about games taking longer for card drops. Explains why a game today took almost four hours to get them all.

Hopefully Valve will scrap the delay timer and just add selling/trading restrictions on card drops until the refund window passes for a particular game (2+ hours played or 2 weeks from purchase).

Nice Windward is one of the unlocks on the monster game!

So bought.

Hopefully Valve will scrap the delay timer and just add selling/trading restrictions on card drops until the refund window passes for a particular game (2+ hours played or 2 weeks from purchase).

I hope valve scrap all the punishment to members in good standing for the sins of scammers and bots.

hey gaf, is something wrong with steam today? i installed it on my new laptop and jesus christ the download speed is so bad. like 100kb/s or less.

im using eset ss but i always turn learning mode with programs like this for full access and my old laptop has the same setup and it works fine

wilflare

I think he did it the old-fashioned brute force way. :p

thanks! eh what is the old-fashioned way lol. I've never actually used the store search other than looking for specific titles

He probably got the sorting fromsteamdb. You can sort by rating there pretty easily at the top here:

Or how inm8num2 said, that's possible.

speaking of SteamDB, anyone using their extension together with EnhancedSteam?

---
Asgaro's recommendation of Streamus is LEGIT

Shadownet

Banned
So after watching that Need For Speed movie, which wasn't bad really. I wanted to know. What's the best racing game on steam right now?

Sch1sm

thanks! eh what is the old-fashioned way lol. I've never actually used the store search other than looking for specific titles

speaking of SteamDB, anyone using their extension together with EnhancedSteam?

Old fashioned way as in clicked every title and jotted down the info, I assume.

I use it with EnhancedSteam.

Dsyndrome

Wish I never played the metagame for this sale. It got me wondering how Clicker Heroes was since I see people playing it all the time, and now my night's fucking gone from playing.

shockdude

So after watching that Need For Speed movie, which wasn't bad really. I wanted to know. What's the best racing game on steam right now?
If you want a straight-up arcade racer to follow up the NFS movie, then try Burnout Paradise or NFS Hot Pursuit.
But yeah Sonic Racing Transformed is probably the strongest racing game on Steam in general.

There aren't enough quality straight-up arcade racers on Steam imo.

Shadownet

Banned
If you want a straight-up arcade racer to follow up the NFS movie, then try Burnout Paradise or NFS Hot Pursuit.
But yeah Sonic Racing Transformed is probably the strongest racing game on Steam in general.

There aren't enough quality straight-up arcade racers on Steam imo.

Thanks, I got Hot Pursuit yesterday. Going to try that out then.

The rest of you were no help.

Btw, where is everyone? Dead or god forbid actually playing games.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Anyone else buy the Humble Bundle today and get 18 receipts from Paypal, all with the same transaction ID? I only got charged once, but that was weird as hell.

Lain

Wish I never played the metagame for this sale. It got me wondering how Clicker Heroes was since I see people playing it all the time, and now my night's fucking gone from playing.

How long did it take you to notice those orange bird looking things and that you were supposed to click on them?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
How dated do the age of wonders games feel? They sure look dated :/

Anyone else buy the Humble Bundle today and get 18 receipts from Paypal, all with the same transaction ID? I only got charged once, but that was weird as hell.
I had other problems with PayPal in the last days with emails arriving 10+ hours late or not at all. Maybe that's related.

Jazz573

How dated do the age of wonders games feel? They sure look dated :/

Well, Age of Wonders originally released in 1999, 2 came out in 2002, and Shadow Magic came out in 2003, so they probably will be somewhat dated. 3 only came out last year, so it's probably less so in that case.

Sch1sm

awesome! SteamDB's extension seems pretty useful too
does it conflict with EnhancedSteam in any way for ya?

Not really, though they do have some settings that are exactly the same. For instance, hiding the install steam button. Then there are ones with minor differences, such as Enhanced Steam automatically sending age verification, vs SteamDB skipping past it. Not sure if it's just the language that's different there, but I only have the one for Enhanced Steam checked off.

For the most part, I have no trouble using both of them. I've never noticed anything, at least.

shockdude

Thanks, I got Hot Pursuit yesterday. Going to try that out then.

The rest of you were no help.

Btw, where is everyone? Dead or god forbid actually playing games.
Hot Pursuit is fun if a bit flawed
due to unskippable tutorials
If it feels slow, try the hood cam or bumper cam. Using the hood/bumper cam also forces you to rely on your senses to avoid cops and other racers, which makes the game really intense imo.

Sch1sm

I just used steam refund for the first time...am I a bad person.

No, but you might feel bad if the money doesn't come back to you in time for encore. Unless you're rich and have excess lying around. In which case, you can always have a look at my wishlist. ;)

My only suggestion for a racing game is to buy an Xbox and get Forza. I have 5 and Horizon 2 on my One. Wheel and all. Total goodness.

Turfster

12 hour deals
  • Limbo 75% off
  • Satellite Reign 25% off
  • Book of Unwritten Tales 2 30% off
  • Ace of Spades 80% off
  • Sakura Spirits 80% off
  • Broken Age 50% off
  • Interstellar Marines 75% off
  • Running With Rifles 40% off
  • Icewind Dale 66% off
  • Red orchestra 2 75% off