• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2015 II - Click the Monsters You Monster

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lain

Sakura Spirit! Hopefully it applies to the other games too! I still need the sequels.

Edit: Angels 66% off, but it doesn't apply to Fantasy, boo!

Lain

Apparently not long enough... you talking about the summer sale game or Clicker Heroes?

Clicker Heroes. Took me a little bit to notice them and think about clicking on them because the first one spawned near one of the heroes and I thought it was part of that lol.

Jazz573

Ka6IBb3.jpg

Oh god. What have I done?!

Chariot said it best about Sakura Spirit.

He said "cute girls", not worthless shit. This sorry excuse of a "Visual Novel" isn't worth a floppy disk. This games are called Sakura, because they do what cheery blossoms do: falling into dirt, trampled on by the feet of one hundred men and women and pissed on by dogs both old and young, healthy and ill. If you ever see this game, change the streetside.

Jawmuncher

We all need to support VN dev makers that offer us the experiences like the sakura series does.

With that said Sakura angels is still too expensive for me.

Jazz573

We all need to support VN dev makers that offer us the experiences like the sakura series does.

Seriously though, I wish SP would stop making publishing deals with shitty devs. I get that they need the money so they can work on larger projects, but surely there are plenty of other much better games they could publish. I just hope they won't become like MangaGamer which has an imblanced proportion of nukige to games with actual story. :/

Sch1sm

That's not even a number. IUT01010. Pls. I wonder what they're going to do tomorrow. Clearly they already made a badge in anticipation of this, though, so it must all be over.

Jazz573

Only 50% on Continuum Shift Extend. Meh, probably would have gotten it if it were at 75%. I'm going to get Calamity Trigger, since it's also in the flash sale. I also decided to go back to yesterday's flash deals and get Pillars. Only 33% off, but since it's such a good game, I might as well.

Lain

Seriously though, I wish SP would stop making publishing deals with shitty devs. I get that they need the money so they can work on larger projects, but surely there are plenty of other much better games they could publish. I just hole they won't become like MangaGamer which has an imblanced proportion of nukige to games with actual story. :/

I bought Sakura Spirit because shiny boobs. I didn't even play it and I got entertained by Chariot's review posts about it. I dunno, it felt like a good investment to me. I've got to reward Winged Cloud some more for that, which is why I'm gonna grab Angels. Fantasy will have to wait until a 66 or 75% off though.

Also, companies work with what pays the bills. I am pretty happy with MG output. There is nothing wrong with releasing nukige when they bring out stuff like the Innocent Grey games.

Avinexus

That's not even a number. IUT01010. Pls. I wonder what they're going to do tomorrow. Clearly they already made a badge in anticipation of this, though, so it must all be over.

One of the devs has been in the top rooms all week. He's been keeping track of everything and they've been adding stuff as we go along. But the sale is almost over and I don't see them adding anything else, especially with the kinda easter egg stoppage at 100m.

Jazz573

I bought Sakura Spirit because shiny boobs. I didn't even play it and I got entertained by Chariot's review posts about it. I dunno, it felt like a good investment to me. I've got to reward Winged Cloud some more for that, which is why I'm gonna grab Angels. Fantasy will have to wait until a 66 or 75% off though.

It was more a criticism of sekaiproject than anything else. Also, a little annoyed at having to wait a month after the all-ages version of Grisaia, to get the 18+ version, which hopefully will happen soon. :/

ExoSoul

Banned
Regarding Awesomenaut's dlc: Looking at its price history the 80% cut was a price mistake right? All the other times it gets the 50% discount as it has now.

Is there any other way to get it cheaper?

Knurek

Current deal at IndieGameStand.
$1 gets you the game, BTA ($1.83 ATM) gets you DLC as well.
Better deal than Steam Sale for those that don't have the game yet.

Sch1sm

One of the devs has been in the top rooms all week. He's been keeping track of everything and they've been adding stuff as we go along. But the sale is almost over and I don't see them adding anything else, especially with the kinda easter egg stoppage at 100m.

When's the last day of the meta game anyway? Tomorrow or day after?

Jazz573

Also, companies work with what pays the bills. I am pretty happy with MG output. There is nothing wrong with releasing nukige when they bring out stuff like the Innocent Grey games.

I understand it gets them money, but honestly it makes it harder to find actual quality titles when the site is cluttered with trash. While, yes money's important I don't really approve of them publishing utter crap (read: softhouse-seal titles, god I think I just puked a little). I have a real distaste for stuff like that. There's good nukige too, so they have no excuse to not publish that instead.

I also really wish they would make an all-ages version of the site, so people who aren't interested in their adult games, can buy their all-ages stuff without having to see adult content. Although, I'm not one of those people, I still think it would be a good idea. JAST does it, and so does SP, so it shouldn't be too difficult. :/

/rant

Jazz573

Is there any true nudity in the Sakura games? Gotta make sure so I don't accidentally play it while children are around.

No. The real reason they're hated so much is 1. The writing is awful, and 2. It's basically a half-assed effort at being erotic. If you're going to do fhat you may as well go all the way. But no, instead it's just a complete, utter cocktease.

Well, I think I'm done with the sale, Castlevania Mirror of Fate HD was my last purchase, wallet is empty, rip.

edit: morning guys

I`ve got a couple small items I want to buy (Momodora if it gets a deeper discount, Penny Arcade 3 and 4, maybe Hatoful Boyfriend if it goes on sale again for the final day, but I think I`m done at this point. Also got my Yooka-Laylee pledge locked in, but I didn`t spend a dime on this sale. Funded it all with card money.

I understand it gets them money, but honestly it makes it harder to find actual quality titles when the site is cluttered with trash. While, yes money's important I don't really approve of them publishing utter crap (read: softhouse-seal titles, god I think I just puked a little). I have a real distaste for stuff like that. There's good nukige too, so they have no excuse to not publish that instead.

I also really wish they would make an all-ages version of the site, so people who aren't interested in their adult games, can buy their all-ages stuff without having to see adult content. Although, I'm not one of those people, I still think it would be a good idea. JAST does it, and so does SP, so it shouldn't be too difficult. :/

/rant

I just wonder why the releases of actual gameplay-VNs is so sparse. I mean there are so much to choose from, but somehow we almost get only VNs, that dont offer any gameplay or the ones that might offer gameplay might be even nukige.

Jazz573

I just wonder why the releases of actual gameplay-VNs is so sparse. I mean there are so much to choose from, but somehow we almost get only VNs, that dont offer any gameplay or the ones that might offer gameplay might be even nukige.

A lot of gameplay heavy stuff has a lot of story to translate. That's probably why most Alicesoft, Eushully, and SofthouseChara titles will never get an English release, official or otherwise.

I'm playing Baldr Sky Dive1 right now, and while the gameplay in the series isn't that heavy, the story is long with a lot of sci-fi terms. So I don't forsee that series getting an English version, not to mention GIGA's stubborn stance on fan translations. Still not sure why they didn't target the Chinese fan translations of their games.

Story length is also a reason why even non-gameplay VNs with lengthy story, like Light titles are almost impossible to tackle. Sigh, if only Dies Irae could get a translation. Muramasa would be nice too. One can only dream. :/

/rant

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom