• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2015 II - Click the Monsters You Monster

Status
Not open for further replies.
But it's so damn big, and a 3.5GB day 1 patch too :(

Reviews are supposedly coming today.

Yeah I heard about the review copies issue, but it seems there will be revies ~3 hours form now
(This is GameSpot btw)

nx89MIf.png

Just use MSE. It does the job, is the most unobtrusive AV program I have ever used and unless you do a ton of shady stuff on the internet it's more than enough.

Chariot

Dunno, but I think there's something wrong with new Batman game. Here some stores are selling a PS4 bundle for 400€ including the game plus the season pass. Also you can find it cheaper on PC too. I remember for Origins was pretty much the same thing, and on release it was a buggy mess.
I wasn't that bad. It had some bugs, some even gamebreaking, but it was realy not as bad as people remember. A buggy mess would be something like Unity. Origins was just noy very polished.

Ozium

encore starts saturday

today is last day with new deals

2 day encore believe it

dimmp wuu jasec said sunday -- mr optimism

Werd

Ordered Arkham Knight + DMC4SE for $53~ on GMG.
I'm starting to like GMG again.

I had something preventing me from making purchases on GMG. I e-mailed them, they changed a setting and it worked. Week later, same error is back. They have to have given me the most trouble of any purchasing site, good credit cards not working, couldn't log in at all for weeks at one point, now this...

But they have started having good deals again.

Arthea

well.... now I see the point in breaking that stupid game, but it probably too late for me, as today will be the last day and I haven't had any good group even once with my luck and all. I'm not even at 100K yet, meaning I won't be getting that many wormholes. Also Experte, how do you managed those cooldowns, or there are so many people with thousands of wormholes in the game that it doesn't matter?

Jawmuncher

Considering its early reviews I don't expect too many reviews lower than 8. Most pubs don't allow for early reviews if they even half expect the average review won't be to their liking. Since this will basically be more free hype for them.

derExperte

well.... now I see the point in breaking that stupid game, but it probably too late for me, as today will be the last day and I haven't had any good group even once with my luck and all. I'm not even at 100K yet, meaning I won't be getting that many wormholes. Also Experte, how do you managed those cooldowns, or there are so many people with thousands of wormholes in the game that it doesn't matter?

Reddit will be starting ~30 rooms today trying to get as many as possible to 100m. But with only 100k you need to get in fast, many will jump beyond that after a few minutes. And there's an item that resets cooldowns (Like New) which should be bought with a ratio of 5WHs:1LNs.

JustLynx

Reddit will be starting ~30 rooms today trying to get as many as possible to 100m. But with only 100k you need to get in fast, many will jump beyond that after a few minutes. And there's an item that resets cooldowns (Like New) which should be bought with a ratio of 5WHs:1LNs.

can you put up the rooms here when they advertise them? please? :)

Arthea

on the topic on VNs hate. No game or genre is for everybody, I think we are old enough to know this, nor every game can be played to be sure, we make our choices and we are free to like or dislike and speak our mind.
The thing I don't understand, why would you speak about something you don't care, know close to nothing about it and in general don't get. Just to annoy others?
I prefer VNs with gameplay myself, but even without a gameplay, they are still often worth it, you know, to read, to see, to listen.
And no one is allowed to say that VNs on steam are trash after we got Higurashi.

Also I dare everyone of you to play Long Live the Queen and say it's not a game!

on related topic, I'm tempted to get Sakura game for cards, but that seems so wrong... also cards will drop in price now after deep discount. Not sure what to do...

The new idling times are ridiculous. I hope it's just a stopgap solution and they're working on something better. I'm glad I don't have a huge idling backlog

Jawmuncher

The new idling times are ridiculous. I hope it's just a stopgap solution and they're working on something better. I'm glad I don't have a huge idling backlog

Yeah it's going to be a pain moving forward dealing with 2+ for every game. Unless devs learn to have them drop really fast right after.

derExperte

can you put up the rooms here when they advertise them? please? :)

I didn't plan on paying much attention today and I don't want to post room numbers that are probably full already, just keep an eye on http://www.twitch.tv/ulletical and http://www.twitch.tv/ulletical after today's reset (they won't start immediately).

And no one is allowed to say that VNs on steam are trash after we got Higurashi.

Those punchable balloon heads though....

ExoSoul

Banned
I wish I could the wormhole badge but I seem to pick aweful rooms and I can't do the chrome request thing.

Reached X wave I could care less but a wormhole? Damn shame...

Arthea

but you actually don't know which room is good until it's too late, I mean with such a big level difference. Still that badge is damn tempting... what to do

Like new you say... aren't these very expensive, I mean you sacrifice lot of wormholes, well in your case it doesn't matter but it matters for me.

on second thought you and shadow have a badge already and not care, but you could help us poor steamgafers without it, with your wormhole count, it could make all the difference!

yuraya

So is today the last day for daily deals? The encore starts tomorrow and lasts 48h right? I can't remember how it was during winter but iirc it was 48h.

Knurek

but you actually don't know which room is good until it's too late, I mean with such a big level difference. Still that badge is damn tempting... what to do

Like new you say... aren't these very expensive, I mean you sacrifice lot of wormholes, well in your case it doesn't matter but it matters for me.

on second thought you and shadow have a badge already and not care, but you could help us poor steamgafers without it, with your wormhole count, it could make all the difference!

Steam Winter Sale 2015.
Same clicker game, but each Wormhole costs $0.05.
Buy a pack of hundred for only $1.99
Sales badge that goes well beyond 3,000,000,000 levels.
Valve would make so much monies off of it...

Arthea

Steam Winter Sale 2015.
Same clicker game, but each Wormhole costs $0.05.
Buy a pack of hundred for only $1.99
Sales badge that goes well beyond 3,000,000,000 levels.
Valve would make so much monies off of it...

don't give them ideas, please

Yakkue

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 6 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Yakkue, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Claustrophobia: The Downward Struggle -- MB-ADF83F093D2B0334 - Taken by Baron_Calamity
UFO: Aftershock -- MB-DB7E71CE99FDC037 - Taken by texhnolyze
FATE: Undiscovered Realms -- MB-A8C7FF0F01C5136F - Taken by Purkake4
Third Eye Crime -- MB-87BA356870B9A623 - Taken by titch
CastleMiner Z -- MB-2432DC21BCA34BE6 - Taken by MaxiLive
Majesty Gold HD -- MB-BC1CD727AA436C5F - Taken by darkchewie

derExperte

If every GAFer has the badge I don't feel special anymore, can't have that. :p

And you're right, it's mostly luck that I got into the best rooms. There's a Steam Elite group in which they announced numbers first but even most of those went to crap due to trolls and the one I got in was filled in seconds. Don't know what'll happen today, usually the first are the worst, as are the last. Coordinating to get into the same room is hard to begin with, finding one with the right balance of veterans, newbies and not too many trolls? Whew.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom