• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2015 II - Click the Monsters You Monster

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eila

Got myself into reddit 12 in the morning. We are currently on 27 milion, not sure if we can make it to 100 million.
Yesterday my room got to 61 million.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Man... somehow lost my spot in room 47030. I came back to my PC and the tab wasn't responding. I refreshed the page and it kicked me back to the main game page.

Luckily I was able to join 47039 but they're farther behind and seem to be going a bit slower also :(

Arthea

total lack of Trails in activity feed is shocking
buy it people! I rank it as second best JRPG on steam, first would be FF7, it's that good, what are you waiting for?

AB281DFA854378A0691E542A8AC8741F314790B4

Eila

I rank TitS FC the best RPG on steam.
I already bought it on winter sale 2014, though. Was the same price it is now.

pahamrick

buy it people! I rank it as second best JRPG on steam, first would be FF7, it's that good, what are you waiting for?
soon.jpg
I probably will end buying it tomorrow, if I'll have any money left at all, and no not from sale funds, those are gone long ago.

rjMoOpU.png

Got it day 1 and completed, I'm in the clear. Just waiting for SC now.

It's first for me!
:rrazz:

I'd love to make a trail of TiTS and surprise more people, but I gotta save for a certain surprise i've planned for a while.

even if it isn't your favourite for whatever reason, you can't deny that it is a damn great game, tastes or no tastes, it's just undeniable.
Yup! It has 7 in it after all!
:B1:

zkylon

zkylewd
like, the jrpg tag on steam shows things like anachronox, costume quest and a ton of questionable rpgmaker games

i'm not saying tits is a bad game, it's actually a pretty alright game and i even had it on my goty list last year, but imo it's got nothing on actually good jrpgs like suikoden/xenogears/valkyria profile/etc.

so like when somebody tells you "the best jrpg on steam" or "top 3 jrpgs on steam", bear in mind that there really aren't many good jrpgs on steam

edit: also like, are you gonna say it's better than valkyria? cmon!

I realized no Miss Take sale, meh
still a small chance that it's on the next flash sales, right?

I was including WRPGs. I honestly prefer it to something like Deus Ex, even though I really love that game, too.
well then it gets into the "strictly preference" world, because it needs to be better than fallout, baldurs gate, planescape torment, bloodlines, deus ex, arcanum, the ultima games and so many others

like, it's fair if u prefer it and you did say "rpg" so all good

Well it's not exactly an extensive list, but things are looking up at least

http://store.steampowered.com/tag/en/JRPG/#p=0&tab=TopSellers
sorta?

i don't know most of these games, and tbh getting 25 year old games isn't super exciting for me, i'd rather just use emulator.

would be awesome to get some atlus games like catherine and persona 5

now that would be great

Arthea

like, the jrpg tag on steam shows things like anachronox, costume quest and a ton of questionable rpgmaker games

i'm not saying tits is a bad game, it's actually a pretty alright game and i even had it on my goty list last year, but imo it's got nothing on actually good jrpgs like suikoden/xenogears/valkyria profile/etc.

so like when somebody tells you "the best jrpg on steam" or "top 3 jrpgs on steam", bear in mind that there really aren't many good jrpgs on steam

that's bullish, I don't know what Trails did to you, but it's no worse than any JRPG you actually mention, and I like them all, Suikoden is my favourite series of all times, VP is among my favourites too and of course I liked Xenogears, a great game for it's time.
Trails isn't worse, it's just different.

So all I'm getting from this... is that I'm sorry that TitS didn't come out a decade earlier on the PS1? It's easily up there with most, if not all of the old greats.

Eila

Honestly, TitS is up there with my favorite JRPGs:
Mother 3
Chrono Trigger
Xenoblade
Earthbound
FFVI
I don't think it's any worse than those.

So all I'm getting from this... is that I'm sorry that TitS didn't come out a decade earlier on the PS1? It's easily up there with most, if not all of the old greats.

It's from 2004, actually.

Anustart

Picked up Ori yesterday as my first sale purchase. Worth it.

Now I'm looking to get something else but can't find anything :(

Is tomorrow encode day?

Dsyndrome

Didn't realize The Stanley Parable was so short, game's been sitting installed on whatever computer I've owned for a year. Finally knocked out what achievements I could today and beat it.

Curious if anyone fucked with their BIOS and actually got the Commitment one, I don't need the achievement that bad.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
Didn't realize The Stanley Parable was so short, game's been sitting installed on whatever computer I've owned for a year. Finally knocked out what achievements I could today and beat it.

Curious if anyone fucked with their BIOS and actually got the Commitment one, I don't need the achievement that bad.

It's pretty short overall, but there are
over 25 different endings to get, almost none of which have achievements tied to them
. Be sure to go back and keep experimenting!

zkylon

zkylewd
that's bullish, I don't know what Trails did to you, but it's no worse than any JRPG you actually mention, and I like them all, Suikoden is my favourite series of all times, VP is among my favourites too and of course I liked Xenogears, a great game for it's time.
Trails isn't worse, it's just different.
i'd argue it's much worse than all of them, it has a very shallow combat system that never gets anywhere because it keeps taking characters away, the story comes to a full halt very early in the game and for a long time you barely know what the game is about and it's not like it's a rollercoaster ride of incredible moments like any of those games. there's no super imaginative universe with places like midgar, it doesn't have amazing meta-religious nonsense like xenogears or really cool political intrigue like suikoden, it's not weird and dark like megaten nocturne or has a crazy blend of dating sim and dungeon crawler like persona. its combat and dungeon crawling is nowhere near as unique and interesting as valkyrie profile's or vagrant story's. you don't get to turn into a dragon like in breath of fire. it doesn't even have cool minigames...

like i said, it's not a bad game, but it's not a classic, nothing about it stands out to me enough outside of it giving me some nostalgia from the ps1-esque graphics and because i just really enjoy the classic jrpg formula of going to new towns, meet characters and fight bad guys

That doesn't make sense, FF6 & 9 is better than 7.
And TitS is better than FF6/9.
well afaik neither of those are on steam, which is what we're talking about

i'm more of a ff7 fan but i have no issue with someone claiming those two are better tho

Zkylon you can't decry the quality JRPGs on Steam while simultaneously loving WRPGs like Dead State. It just doesn't jive with your personality.

Follow Google's example and don't be evil. Evil Zkylon is not someone any of us want to see, and not nearly as cool as fighting games or DBZ would have you believe.

End the insanity and recant your sins.

Sch1sm

Yeah, literally a 5 minute game.

I have that achievement, yeah. I have all but one, and have no idea why it didn't unlock when it should have, but I'll reinstall and get to it one day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom