• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2015 II - Click the Monsters You Monster

Status
Not open for further replies.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of spindoctor, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (spindoctor, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

t1cxE6r.gif
Lego Jurassic World -- MB-306142389A87B16F - Taken by Arthea. 85 entrants total.
Lego Jurassic World #2 -- MB-FAB227585BC6E736 - Taken by Avinexus. 74 entrants total.

t1434763461z1.png

You're probably thinking of LOH3, from the Garghav series, the original of which did indeed come out in 1994, on the PC-98 in Japan, and on DOS in China, Taiwan, and South Korea. The original PC-98 soundtrack is definitely one of my favourite soundtracks and is definitely worth a listen for fans of FM Synthesis.
...Wasn't my point. But thanks for the factoid, since that's kinda cool :D

L.O.R.D

that's weird
joined to another room
want to upgrade something , i upgrade then after seconds the item goes back 1 level ,its like i didn't upgrade , but i spent gold on it and the gold is gone
also , i disabled all the plugin in my browser , but i find the game upgrade it self

Jazz573

I know there is one last flash sale, but what games are you disappointed either by their discounts or the fact they were not in a Daily or Flash sale?

Personally, I wish there had been some larger deals on VNs. I realize we got some discounts, but most of them were very small. I'm probably going to pick some up tomorrow, since they are still discounted even if they're not in a Daily or Flash sale.

I only got two VNs in the entire sale: Shan Gui and Sakura Angels (>_>). I didn't pick up *eden because it wasn't cheap enough, and I wanted to get it through MangaGamer anyways to support their campaign for minori.

It would have been nice if some of MangaGamer, JAST or sekaiproject's titles had dailies or flash sales. Yes, the Sakura Games are sekaiproject, but I meant some of their more quality titles. I'm happy that Nekopara is on sale today, but the discount is a bit too low. In the case of MangaGamer, I already discussed *eden. Sadly, none of JAST's titles got into any dailies or flash sales.

You're probably thinking of LOH3, from the Garghav series, the original of which did indeed come out in 1994, on the PC-98 in Japan, and on DOS in China, Taiwan, and South Korea. The original PC-98 soundtrack is definitely one of my favourite soundtracks and is definitely worth a listen for fans of FM Synthesis.

You've heard Tree of Knowledge, right?

rtcn63

The shantae games but, I mean, Pirate's Curse just dropped and Risky's Revenge is already 75% off. I'd pick up tonight if I didn't worry it'll show up (again) in a humble bundle.

Jazz573

You've heard Tree of Knowledge, right?

You mean the FM Synth album? If so, then yes. I love it. It reminds of a soundtrack of another PC-98 game I'm fond of: Yu-No. Although I get that was its main inspiration. I've always been a fan of music from classic Japanese PC games on PC-88, PC-98 and Sharp X68000.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
I only got two VNs in the entire sale: Shan Gui and Sakura Angels (>_>). I didn't pick up *eden because it wasn't cheap enough, and I wanted to get it through MangaGamer anyways to support their campaign for minori.

That sound you're hearing is an angry German riding a chariot, coming for your refund button~

I was overall very pleased with the division between indie games, AAA titles, long-running Early Access stuff, and other little odds and ends. Sadly, there were a lot of indie titles I was hoping to grab for a song that barely hit 10% off, some of which didn't even get discounted at all. Some of them had just launched this year, but figured they'd be more willing to dip deeper on account of having only sold a few thousand copies at all.

As a whole, I'd say this was mostly a successful sale in terms of spreading the attention around. Reservations about the clicker game aside, Valve paid attention to complaints and made sure repeats didn't happen, smaller indies didn't get entirely shoved aside, and there were acceptable discounts on larger titles as well.

Jazz573

That sound you're hearing is an angry German riding a chariot, coming for your refund button~

Oh, he's already let me know about his anger. We had a brief discussion in Steam chat. :p But just because I bought it, doesn't mean anyone else should, since, while sekaiproject certainly deserves your money, I can't say the same for the developer, Winged Cloud. Unless one of their pasttimes is pissing off Chariot. :p

I seriously think the 100mil dream is dead. So many trolls. Unless super progress overnight, better luck tomorrow.

2 mill would be nothing if people were all on the same page.

Yeah. In a perfect world, you'd go from 100 -> 100mil directly. When things work it's beautiful to watch...skipping hundreds of thousands of levels.

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
I seriously think the 100mil dream is dead. So many trolls. Unless super progress overnight, better luck tomorrow.

Yeah. In a perfect world, you'd go from 100 -> 100mil directly. When things work it's beautiful to watch...skipping hundreds of thousands of levels.

Yeah good night, hoping the trolls will stop when I'm back.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
Oh, he's already let me know about his anger. We had a brief discussion in Steam chat. :p But just because I bought it, doesn't mean anyone else should, since, while sekaiproject certainly deserves your money, I can't say the same for the developer, Winged Cloud. Unless one of their pass-times is pissing off Chariot. :p

I think that might be an official pasttime somewhere. Has to be, with all the GAFfers who own Sakura anything! :3

If you don't make it tonight, be sure to keep an eye out on the YOWH IRC channel when the game goes live again tomorrow. We're about to break 6 million and this room started less than an hour ago. Their script just seems way more optimized. Still a lot of trolls pushing us away from x00 levels, but when we do land one, the jumps are immense.

Jawmuncher

Imagine if these numbers were the amount of real cash we were making. We would sound like some greedy assholes. Ugh ONLY 10 million? What even is this.

tmarg

With the extra day, it doesn't seem like it should be too hard. People are going to have a lot of warps, even if they don't use them correctly they still might make it.

Eila

There are no click unlocks for tomorrow... You guys sure there will be more?
I'm in 47100 myself, left the tab open all day with the gold Gabe script. Too bad there's too many people trolling.

If you don't make it tonight, be sure to keep an eye out on the YOWH IRC channel when the game goes live again tomorrow. We're about to break 6 million and this room started less than an hour ago. Their script just seems way more optimized. Still a lot of trolls pushing us away from x00 levels, but when we do land one, the jumps are immense.

Thanks, I'll keep posted and see if they post another room.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I found a pretty cool script earlier that I thought I'd share with you guys.

https://github.com/geekahedron/SteamGameAutoJoin/

It lets you try to join another room without leaving your current room, and it has stuff like the ability to type in a room number directly on the page and retry it until you get in.

I found a pretty cool script earlier that I thought I'd share with you guys.

https://github.com/geekahedron/SteamGameAutoJoin/

It lets you try to join another room without leaving your current room, and it has stuff like the ability to type in a room number directly on the page and retry it until you get in.
Thank you! This could definitely save a lot of trouble especially since they implemented the cannot join previously left rule.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom