• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2015 II - Click the Monsters You Monster

Status
Not open for further replies.

wilflare

I was only going by Arthea's ranking of FF7>TiTS. These are all opinions, anyway. I'll get to TiTS, probably when it's >$5, but I'll get to it.

Yeah, something like 76% off for it.

hmm did it just come up I thought a few hours ago people were sad it's not on sale or something like that

zkylon

zkylewd
So TitS has been fixed completely? The Monster Book/Guide, etc.?
game worked pretty much perfect when i played it

Zkylon you can't decry the quality JRPGs on Steam while simultaneously loving WRPGs like Dead State. It just doesn't jive with your personality.
that's just personal taste, i never said dead state was the best rpg on steam or that it could compete with like the games i believe to be the best in the genre like fallout 2 and planescape and arcanum and whatever.

i don't mind ppl saying tits is good, i just think that like the last renmnant before it, tits' overrated because it has no real games to compete with

Follow Google's example and don't be evil. Evil Zkylon is not someone any of us want to see, and not nearly as cool as fighting games or DBZ would have you believe.

End the insanity and recant your sins.
i get fits of evil, it's just in my personality!

Sch1sm

It is >$5 right now!
:trolol:

I stared at that daily page enough to know better, Se7en!

hmm did it just come up I thought a few hours ago people were sad it's not on sale or something like that

It's definitely there under the community portion.

I played it 90 minutes today and are not nearly done... seems longer than 5 minutes to me ;)

I have 7 or 8 hours in it, no shame in being thorough.

hat's just personal taste, i never said dead state was the best rpg on steam or that it could compete with like the games i believe to be the best in the genre like fallout 2 and planescape and arcanum and whatever.

i don't mind ppl saying tits is good, i just think that like the last renmnant before it, tits' overrated because it has no real games to compete with

i get fits of evil, it's just in my personality!

The Last Remnant is great, though; turn-based combat come to life! The concept died too soon with TLR's commercial failure. It had real potential to be expanded upon, and is probably my favourite SE game in over a decade.

...I should actually beat it instead of pining for new Steam deals... Maybe one day.

Arthea

i'd argue it's much worse than all of them, it has a very shallow combat system that never gets anywhere because it keeps taking characters away, the story comes to a full halt very early in the game and for a long time you barely know what the game is about and it's not like it's a rollercoaster ride of incredible moments like any of those games. there's no super imaginative universe with places like midgar, it doesn't have amazing meta-religious nonsense like xenogears or really cool political intrigue like suikoden, it's not weird and dark like megaten nocturne or has a crazy blend of dating sim and dungeon crawler like persona. its combat and dungeon crawling is nowhere near as unique and interesting as valkyrie profile's or vagrant story's. you don't get to turn into a dragon like in breath of fire. it doesn't even have cool minigames...

like i said, it's not a bad game, but it's not a classic, nothing about it stands out to me enough outside of it giving me some nostalgia from the ps1-esque graphics and because i just really enjoy the classic jrpg formula of going to new towns, meet characters and fight bad guys

well afaik neither of those are on steam, which is what we're talking about

i'm more of a ff7 fan but i have no issue with someone claiming those two are better tho

yes, because it is different, like all those other games you mention, Suikoden is about wars, intrigues and fate, FF7 is about saving bloody planet, of course it's epic, Persona are (well just leave Persona and SMT out of this, you won't like what I have to say about it), VP is about Valkyrie and Gods, while Trails is about humans. See the difference? You probably just hate humans, no? until you get all worked up, it's a joke.

It's is an amazing game, you can have your opinion as I mine, no?

Sch1sm

but isn't that the point of the game... to explore all variations and options?

I think it's really awesome...

Oh, 100%. I loved doing it. I was a bit obsessed, even, there's no denying it, haha. I especially enjoyed defying the narrator. Or speeding past his words in followup play throughs. It isn't a game for everyone, it was great for me, though. Glad you're enjoying it!

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell
Oh, 100%. I loved doing it. I was a bit obsessed, even, there's no denying it, haha. I especially enjoyed defying the narrator. Or speeding past his words in followup play throughs. It isn't a game for everyone, it was great for me, though. Glad you're enjoying it!

Cool :) I was just confused cause you said it is a 5 minute game...

really wasted at the moment :p I'm going to sleep

zkylon

zkylewd
The Last Remnant is great, though; turn-based combat come to life! The concept died too soon with TLR's commercial failure. It had real potential to be expanded upon, and is probably my favourite SE game in over a decade.

...I should actually beat it instead of pining for new Steam deals... Maybe one day.
eh, it had ambition but i'm not a fan of its rng elements or its story+world

i gave up relatively early tho, made the mistake of trying to complete all the sidequests or something like that

yes, because it is different, like all those other games you mention, Suikoden is about wars, intrigues and fate, FF7 is about saving bloody planet, of course it's epic, Persona are (well just leave Persona and SMT out of this, you won't like what I have to say about it), VP is about Valkyrie and Gods, while Trails is about humans. See the difference? You probably just hate humans, no? until you get all worked up, it's a joke.
all stories are about humans (people i guess would be a better word), in fact, jrpgs are one of the most character-driven genres that exist. just think about xenogears/xenosaga or the final fantasy 7 or suikoden 2 or chrono trigger or any other good jrpg, and how they manage to not only do fairly complex character drama (they're all pretty goofy, but still...) but also have an epic story in fascinating worlds that are very unlike others

i think it's impossible to compare the themes and the scale of the golden era with tits, tits feels like a happy side adventure

It's is an amazing game, you can have your opinion as I mine, no?
i never said you couldn't?

i contest your opinion cos i think talking about it is cool, you're perfectly free to like whatever game u like, i don't think any less of you for liking this game (tho you've gone down on the rankings since you outed your megaten hate)

would love if you cut it on the unnecessary snark, i don't think i've been disrespectful to u :T

Jazz573

eh, it had ambition but i'm not a fan of its rng elements or its story+world

i gave up relatively early tho, made the mistake of trying to complete all the sidequests or something like that

all stories are about humans (people i guess would be a better word), in fact, jrpgs are one of the most character-driven genres that exist. just think about xenogears/xenosaga or the final fantasy 7 or suikoden 2 or chrono trigger or any other good jrpg, and how they manage to not only do fairly complex character drama (they're all pretty goofy, but still...) but also have an epic story in fascinating worlds that are very unlike others

i think it's impossible to compare the themes and the scale of the golden era with tits, tits feels like a happy side adventure

i never said you couldn't?

i contest your opinion cos i think talking about it is cool, you're perfectly free to like whatever game u like, i don't think any less of you for liking this game (tho you've gone down on the rankings since you outed your megaten hate)

would love if you cut it on the unnecessary snark, i don't think i've been disrespectful to u :T

But Zky, it's not just his opinion. His opinion is shared by the large majority of players, of which I myself also belong to. I'm not saying there's anything wrong about your opinion, but you're definitely in the minority.

Jazz573

I know, I mean 1994 instead of 2004. That's why I mentioned PS1.

You're probably thinking of LOH3, from the Garghav series, the original of which did indeed come out in 1994, on the PC-98 in Japan, and on DOS in China, Taiwan, and South Korea. The original PC-98 soundtrack is definitely one of my favourite soundtracks and is definitely worth a listen for fans of FM Synthesis.

zkylon

zkylewd
But Zky, it's not just his opinion. His opinion is shared by the large majority of players, of which I myself also belong to. I'm not saying there's anything wrong about your opinion, but you're definitely in the minority.
well that's why i say it's overrated instead of bad, i think a lot of people make a bigger deal out of it than they should because there's been like 2 good console jrpgs in like 7 years or something. it's even worse on steam where your jrpgs options are very limited.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom