• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2015 II - Click the Monsters You Monster

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
It's a shame because blackgate is a competently made game. Sure the map is a little weird and yeah it does have a couple of bad filler moments but it's not bad, just merely above average.

"Above average" is bad in video game land. >8/10 or bust.

Jawmuncher

In Jawmuncher news, one of the segments on Science Friday today had a couple of paleontologists good humoredly shitting on the science behind Jurassic World.

I think that's been the case with every JP film. When we have the science right, well actually already have real dinosaurs.

Teggy

Oh, another question - if I can never get the gamma adjustment in a game to get more than slightly darker/lighter, what needs to be adjusted on my monitor?

Jazz573

My general rule is that the worst rating that I will still play a game at is 6. Anything lower and I won't bother, not at least until I've finished everything I want to play rated 6 and above. That rule unfortunately caused my wishlist on VNDB to absolutely explode. I don't have that same problem on Steam for some reason.

Grief.exe

Our room is absolutely trapped at 37 million.

I don't know whether the trolls have gotten better, or what is going on, but the level 100 bosses are just shredded in seconds.

It's one guy named 'nixirin' just dropping cluster bombs, nukes, and napalm on the boss. If I could just message him, I could try to get him to stop.

JaseC

Oh, another question - if I can never get the gamma adjustment in a game to get more than slightly darker/lighter, what needs to be adjusted on my monitor?

Just use your GPU driver control panel to adjust it. That's what I did a million years ago, when I had a crummy 15" CRT.

Lunaniem

Our room is absolutely trapped at 37 million.

I don't know whether the trolls have gotten better, or what is going on, but the level 100 bosses are just shredded in seconds.

It's one guy named 'nixirin' just dropping cluster bombs, nukes, and napalm on the boss. If I could just message him, I could try to get him to stop.

Scripts are out there now dedicated to trolling on wormhole levels.

anyone planning on getting that steam controller? I'm interested in it but I'm waiting for some impressions to see if i should just buy another ps4 controller. wish valve would've went to e3 and had them controllers out for people to try.

zkylon

zkylewd
i'm sure this is new only to me but OMG steam's re revelaitons 2 costume screenshots

ss_c3f72ba07fbe67afe8ac13d8d2dd87071d26db01.1920x1080.jpg

ss_c6fc11eda842e08ef179c27b53771325a6c591ce.1920x1080.jpg

Anybody get Arkham Knight through the Nvidia promo? If so, when you redeemed it, did it indicate if it has the pre-order extras in anyway? Is there some way to check and be sure (like on SteamDB)? Also, I was going to redeem it and just get the key, but it has me sign in through Steam, and looks like it'd redeem straight through that, old Humble style. Is that the case, or will it give me a key?

I've got a pre-order from Nuuvem, and an Nvidia code. If the Nvidia promo includes the bonuses I'd wanna redeem that now in case there's a pre-load...

Which leads to my next question, does Nuuvem deliver pre-orders before or on release day? On my order it says "Key available on release" but I dunno if that means the actual release day, or maybe when the keys are released to them.

JaseC

Anybody get Arkham Knight through the Nvidia promo? If so, when you redeemed it, did it indicate if it has the pre-order extras in anyway? Is there some way to check and be sure (like on SteamDB)? Also, I was going to redeem it and just get the key, but it has me sign in through Steam, and looks like it'd redeem straight through that, old Humble style. Is that the case, or will it give me a key?

I've got a pre-order from Nuuvem, and an Nvidia code. If the Nvidia promo includes the bonuses I'd wanna redeem that now in case there's a pre-load...

Not yet.

Which leads to my next question, does Nuuvem deliver pre-orders before or on release day? On my order it says "Key available on release" but I dunno if that means the actual release day, or maybe when the keys are released to them.

It varies. Nuuvem sends out keys when it receives them.

Dsyndrome

I want to go back to Input Mapper but I'm having a problem where it would uninstall itself whenever I shutdown and when I do turn my PC back on it would pop up the installation screen automatically.

Apparently I'm not the only one having this problem.
I hope they get things worked out before the public release of Win 10. Whenever I have to choose, hopefully one of the two variations works without issue; Input Mapper's worked great thus far, but I'll turn on it in a heartbeat.

Shadownet

Banned
I hope they get things worked out before the public release of Win 10. Whenever I have to choose, hopefully one of the two variations works without issue; Input Mapper's worked great thus far, but I'll turn on it in a heartbeat.

So I managed to fix my Input Mapper problem. I believe the culprit behind this was in the appdate folder still has a leftover data of Input Mapper. Apparently it didn't uninstall completely the first time. So whenever I boot up my PC. It would try to install itself, but for some reason that didn't install all the way.

Deleted the leftover folder, RESTART, download IM again, RESTART again to make sure. No more installation pop up and the program is still there.

#SOLVED

Damn yo mad respect for you guys just going in blind like that on such a unique looking controller. Cant wait to start seeing some impressions and shit of the final product

It looks very comfortable so as long as the dpad is good i will be happy. I will be checking best buys to see if valve set up any potential demos. I think i remember seeing a steam section in best buy with a pc promoting steam and some cards near by. I wonder if they will add the controller there.

Anustart

I just like to make a special service announcement.

If you have not seen Inside Out yet. You need to go see it today. It's a surprisingly wonderful and sweet movie. It's seriously in contention of my favorite movie of the year so far, and I've seen all the major movies out this year so far.

That is all.

Absolutely loved it, just got back.

I just like to make a special service announcement.

If you have not seen Inside Out yet. You need to go see it today. It's a surprisingly wonderful and sweet movie. It's seriously in contention of my favorite movie of the year so far, and I've seen all the major movies out this year so far.

That is all.
Release date is in August here.

Shadownet

Banned
But DS4Windows...
I figured out what was wrong. Apparently the other problem where my DS4 was recognized with just number prompts. Turns out the DS4 driver wasn't installed for some reason. Had to unplug the DS4 and plug it back into another USB port.

#SOLVED.

Absolutely loved it, just got back.
I really wanna see it again now. Going to take my little brother soon. Probably the best animated movie I've seen in a long time. Probably ever.

Release date is in August here.
The wait :(

Joined for science.
I would have joined for redheads.

baterism

Finally got my 1M+ badge. I'm done with this shenanigan! DONE!

Still kicking myself for not joining earlier. I will never get 100M+ badge. Forever.

Sch1sm

Finally got my 1M+ badge. I'm done with this shenanigan! DONE!

Still kicking myself for not joining earlier. I will never get 100M+ badge. Forever.

The game is running a few more days. There's hope yet if you can be bothered. I was satisfied with 1 million, but for the sake of others I've kept tab open and scripts going for the 100m dream.

baterism

The game is running a few more days. There's hope yet if you can be bothered. I was satisfied with 1 million, but for the sake of others I've kept tab open and scripts going for the 100m dream.

Eh really? I thought this was the last day. I'll keep my eyes tonight (it's night when the game start here, 11PM to be exact).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom