• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2015 II - Click the Monsters You Monster

Status
Not open for further replies.

Knurek

Shadownet, from DS4Windows website:

Note: Hide DS4 currently does not work in the Windows 10 Preview Build 9879 (newest build works)

I assume the function only works with developer previews, not with the version you're using.

Jawmuncher

If you ask me Mass Effect never even should have bothered being a RPG. What it was in ME2 (shooter with RPG lite mechanics) is what the series should have stayed with. We'll see if andromeda changes my mind, but after DAI I doubt it. Were going to be stuck with the shitty mako again and instead of barren planets, we'll have ones with a bunch of side quests not worth a damn. If it's indeed following the same formula/engine.

Shadownet

Banned
Shadownet, from DS4Windows website:

I assume the function only works with developer previews, not with the version you're using.

Oh well thank you. I figured out what was wrong though with why it wasn't showing up as 360 Prompts. Good info to know anyway, can't wait for Windows 10.

If you ask me Mass Effect never even should have bothered being a RPG. What it was in ME2 (shooter with RPG lite mechanics) is what the series should have stayed with. We'll see if andromeda changes my mind, but after DAI I doubt it. Were going to be stuck with the shitty mako again and instead of barren planets, we'll have ones with a bunch of side quests not worth a damn. If it's indeed following the same formula/engine.
If it really becomes DA:I with guns, I won't even bother picking it up when it's 75% off.

Shadownet

Banned
Alright so I'm a bit confused. I have Deponia Complete Journey already.

Does that include Deponia, Chaos on Deponia, Goodbye Deponia?

How come it shows that I have Deponia Complete Journey and Goodbye Deponia but not Deponia and Chaos on Deponia on Steam?

Eila

Alright so I'm a bit confused. I have Deponia Complete Journey already.

Does that include Deponia, Chaos on Deponia, Goodbye Deponia?

How come it shows that I have Deponia Complete Journey and Goodbye Deponia but not Deponia and Chaos on Deponia?

The separate games don't come with the bonus content (commentary) The Complete Journey has. I guess they decided to not add that bonus content as DLC to the existent subs.

Buraindo

Yeah I recently finished Mass Effect and I agree with you.
That game is kind of a pain to play at times, what with the poor inventory management and boring, repeated warehouses scattered on lifeless planets. Sometimes you do get a pretty vista, I'll give it that.
Bioware does seem to be aware of the criticism aimed at DAI's quests though, so maybe they'll change those.

Shadownet

Banned
The separate games don't come with the bonus content (commentary) The Complete Journey has. I guess they decided to not add that bonus content as DLC to the existent subs.

So I shouldn't have to buy Deponia and Chaos on Deponia separately right? Since The Complete Collection has them all.

I'm not going to name names but someone on my friend's list is posting Witcher 3 screenshots that have the sharpening set to max(?) and it's the most disgusting thing I've ever seen. Jar guy has nothing on this.

Shadownet

Banned
The Complete Collection is its own sub and only counts as a +1
I already have the Complete Collection. I was just wondering if it was truly a complete collection or not since i was thrown off when it said I haven't purchase the other two games yet. But thanks for the verification.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I just finished helping a friend get to 100m. Any gaffer stuck in a room that need help? I see some of you guys on my friends list that is about 70m or 90m that probably won't need me.

didamangi

I'm not going to name names but someone on my friend's list is posting Witcher 3 screenshots that have the sharpening set to max(?) and it's the most disgusting thing I've ever seen. Jar guy has nothing on this.

Max sharpening plus steam compression :/

Although to be fair, the game looks better in motion than in screenshots. Many times I've taken screenshots in W3 that looks great at the time but when looking at it later turns out just plain bad.

Deques

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I just finished helping a friend get to 100m. Any gaffer stuck in a room that need help? I see some of you guys on my friends list that is about 70m or 90m that probably won't need me.
My room is around 35m

Coreda

Sure it wasn't SweetFX? I think max is the default for PC. Tuned it down to low personally but don't remember it being that bad.

Dsyndrome

Pip Boy Edition of Falout 4 is back in stock at Best Buy online, not too shabby use of Gamer's Club Unlocked if preordering doesn't make you vomit.

N42aqud.jpg

ModBot said:
Instructions for Widdly Scuds:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste. Your giveaway will be automatically reposted on your behalf.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Widdly Scuds, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Pay it forward. You can only win this game if you've given away a game since you last won a game (minimum one total giveaway).
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

uO6NMdV.png

Mystery Gift -- MB-3E106A9ED8287F7B - Taken by Gren. 3 entrants total.
Which one will you pick? https://i.imgur.com/N42aqud.jpg
Mystery Gift -- MB-F1E7A33D55D9505E - Taken by SeriuzBiznus. 5 entrants total.
One of these is HATOFUL BOYFRIEND the other is BAD RATS

t1434791650z1.png

mrgone

Nuuvem getting English translation could be bad thing but we will see.

It's probably going to make it a little trickier for sales aggregators like isthereanydeal to get data with the site filtering out results that aren't purchasable by the viewer's region :(

Jazz573

Seriously guys, buy Hatoful Boyfriend. If you like pigeons, which I hope you do, you'll definitely enjoy it. (frost need not apply :p) It is an otome game, which means the main character is a girl and your romantic options are boys (well, male pigeons in this case, however our main girl is still a human), so yes it is primarily targeted towards a female audience, and possible those attracted to our fine feathered friends. However, even if you aren't a member of that gender, it's definitely worth playing, and without spoiling anything, there's more to it than what it appears to be on the surface. I won't tell you how though--that's for you to find out by playing it. I should point out I've not yet played it, but generally impressions of it are high. Coo!

Also, if you haven't bought Freedom Planet, first, WHAT'S WRONG WITH YOU, and second, you only have 10 hours left before the discount ends, so if you want it, and trust me you want it, you better act fast. Seriously, it's a really fun game, SO BUY IT!

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
jshackles and/or other developers:

Anyone having trouble with Steam's search right now? Go to Steam and search CastleStorm. Don't press enter. The auto-population search box is not working. I use this particular search box to scrape a lot of game data for ModBot and some other non-ModBot scripts I have written for Steam. I can get the results if I press enter and search but not from the auto-populated search.

Is this just a thing for the sale or is it broken broken? If it's broken broken for good, what's my best way to pull game metadata (dev, pub, metacritic, release date) very quickly for a large number of games given a list of titles?

A few of the titles not working for me:
Restaurant Empire 2
One Late Night: Deadline
bit Dungeon II
Startopia
Monument
Grey Cubes
The Grave Digger
Dark Matter
PIX the CAT
Xeodrifter
Marvin's Mittens
Shipwreck
Gods Will Be Watching
Darklands
FarSky
Pier Solar and the Great Architects
Organic Panic
Not without my donuts
Organ Biker
Canabalt
Eidolon
Chariot
Bloodsports.TV
Castlestorm
Skulls of the Shogun
Shattered Planet
Frozen Synapse Prime

Sch1sm

CastleStorm isn't coming up for me, but everything else I try is, Stump.

E: Okay, with that list you edited in, nope. None. Borked.

jshackles and/or other developers:

Anyone having trouble with Steam's search right now? Go to Steam and search CastleStorm. Don't press enter. The auto-population search box is not working. I use this particular search box to scrape a lot of game data for ModBot and some other non-ModBot scripts I have written for Steam. I can get the results if I press enter and search but not from the auto-populated search.

Is this just a thing for the sale or is it broken broken? If it's broken broken for good, what's my best way to pull game metadata (dev, pub, metacritic, release date) very quickly for a large number of games given a list of titles?

Search hasn't been working properly for me for the past few days. It's just like what you wrote. Proper results come up only after pressing enter and search.

Hey Steam GAF. So I finished building my first PC this week (perfect timing with the Steam sale, eh?) and I've started work on my PC games collection. As the sale is about to come to a close, based on what I already own/don't own, can anyone make any recommendations for must-have games I should pick up?

Here's what I have so far:

KwvU1EV.png

Deques

Hey Steam GAF. So I finished building my first PC this week (perfect timing with the Steam sale, eh?) and I've started work on my PC games collection. As the sale is about to come to a close, based on what I already own/don't own, can anyone make any recommendations for must-have games I should pick up?

KwvU1EV.png

That's a virgin's account, so little games you have :(

Must have games:
Bastion
Cave Story
Binding of Isaac Rebirth
and more which I can't think of now

Jazz573

KwvU1EV.png

Not based on your list, but I recommend Freedom Planet--the current discount only has 10 hours left. Also, buy Hatoful Boyfriend. No, seriously, buy it. I know it seems kind of strange but it's definitely a fantastic game. I see you have To The Moon, and if you enjoyed that, I think you'll enjoy HB.

I see you have two Mass Effect games, so you might want to look at Dragon Age Origins, and also the KOTOR series, and Jade Empire, for more Bioware games. In a similar vein, there are a few other WRPGs you should definitely get: Baldur's Gate EE, Baldur's Gate 2 EE, Icewind Dale EE, the rest of the Fallout series, Wasteland 2, the Divinity series, and Pillars of Eternity. Also, get the Witcher games too. If you like Diablo-like games, I also recommend the Torchlight games.

Someone below me suggested Trails in the Sky, and I second that recommendation, as well as the Ys series from the same developers. If you are a JRPG fan you'll enjoy these. Other good JRPGs: Final Fantasy games, Neptunia series, Breath of Death VII, Cthulhu Saves the World, Lisa, Pier Solar, Agarest games, Half-Minute Heroes games, One-Way Heroics, Fairy Bloom Freesia, Recettear, Chantelise, Fortune Summoners, Penny Arcade's On.the Rainslick Precipice games, Septerra Core, Anachronox, Sudeki, 99 Spirits, Elminage Gothic, Valkyria Chronicles, and The Last Remnant. While, not a JRPG, if you like JRPGs, you'll probably enjoy Bastion, and you should also get the dev's other game, Transistor.

Hey Steam GAF. So I finished building my first PC this week (perfect timing with the Steam sale, eh?) and I've started work on my PC games collection. As the sale is about to come to a close, based on what I already own/don't own, can anyone make any recommendations for must-have games I should pick up?[/IMG]

If you like JRPGs, Trails in the Sky is still half off until 1pm EST.

Goat Simulator is fun for the discounted price. Since you have a few FPS games, might I suggest Gunslinger + Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon bundle? Good price since it's a Daily. Finally, when the sale ends, if you like shmups, pick up Ikaruga. It's half off and it hardly ever gets a discount.

Sch1sm

-snip-

Oh wow.

Spec Ops: The Line
XCOM: Enemy Unknown
Dishonored
Vanishing of Ethan Carter

are some that come to mind.

Zeknurn

KwvU1EV.png

Crusader Kings II and Civilization V are two must haves in a PC gaming library.

Search hasn't been working properly for me for the past few days. It's just like what you wrote. Proper results come up only after pressing enter and search.

Yeah, search is kinda broken in the past few days.
I thought it's my connection problem.

Welcome aboard!

I'd recommend these:
The Witcher series
Dragon Age Origins
Pillars of Eternity
Divinity Original Sin
Shadowrun Dragonfall
Valkyria Chronicles
Deus Ex series
YS series

In short, just get all of those RPGs.