• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2015 II - Click the Monsters You Monster

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reckoner

Hey Steam GAF. So I finished building my first PC this week (perfect timing with the Steam sale, eh?) and I've started work on my PC games collection. As the sale is about to come to a close, based on what I already own/don't own, can anyone make any recommendations for must-have games I should pick up?

Here's what I have so far:

Where is your Doto mate? Or why are you hiding it from us?

Pick Alien Isolation and Valkyria. Alan Wake is usually a very cheap and entertaining game that plays well on PC. I don't know how powerful is your rig, but these aren't really hungry games.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
oh yeah I forgot I said to myself early in the sale "I'd get Massive Chalice at 50%, really want to play it" and there it is.
Now im not so sure lol

Also no Dark Souls huh?

Danielsan

oh yeah I forgot I said to myself early in the sale "I'd get Massive Chalice at 50%, really want to play it" and there it is.
Now im not so sure lol

Also no Dark Souls huh?
I have the exact same thing. Really wanted to get it at the start of the sale. Now, not so sure. I think I'd rather get Ori.

What's the best zombie game that's focused on single player story?
I've been ignoring them all these years and now I'm kinda overwhelmed there are so many zombie games on Steam.

milena87

Hey Steam GAF. So I finished building my first PC this week (perfect timing with the Steam sale, eh?) and I've started work on my PC games collection. As the sale is about to come to a close, based on what I already own/don't own, can anyone make any recommendations for must-have games I should pick up?

Welcome to PC gaming.

I would recommend:

The Witcher (all of them, as they're amazing)
Vampire Bloodlines (you'll need to install a few unofficial patches and some mods)
Alpha Protocol
Knights of the Old Republic 1&2
Deus Ex & Deus Ex Human Revolution
Dark Souls 1&2
Pillars of Eternity
Divinity Original Sin
Dragon Age Origins (lol I wrote series instead of Origins...)

And moving away from RPGs:
Alan Wake
Max Payne 1&2
Grim Fandango
Monkey Island 1&2
The Longest Journey (and if you like it, then Dreamfall and Dreamfall Chapters)

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
What's the best zombie game that's focused on single player story?
I've been ignoring them all these years and now I'm kinda overwhelmed there are so many zombie games on Steam.

Probably Dying Light, assuming the yesteryear REs are out due to their stronger focus on survival horror.

ExoSoul

Banned
Went to sleep for 5h, everyone elses room moved 20-30m, mine moved 5m....
Well, at least now I'll have more WH and LN for the new day right?

JaseC

Not a huge fan of RE (too linear), and Dying Light still full-priced.
How about 2010-2013 games? Pretty sure those'll be on sale right now.

Narrative-driven zombie games aren't exactly common. Dead Rising comes to mind, but Capcom isn't known for its storytelling prowess.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of Widdly Scuds, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Widdly Scuds, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Pay it forward. You can only win this game if you've given away a game since you last won a game (minimum one total giveaway).
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

uO6NMdV.png

Mystery Gift -- MB-3E106A9ED8287F7B - Taken by Gren. 3 entrants total.
Which one will you pick? https://i.imgur.com/N42aqud.jpg
Mystery Gift -- MB-F1E7A33D55D9505E - Taken by SeriuzBiznus. 5 entrants total.
One of these is HATOFUL BOYFRIEND the other is BAD RATS

t1434791650z1.png

Sch1sm

Okay. My room hit the 100m a bit ago. Managed to join Deques and Grief.exe in 47100.

I'll just leave the scripts running over night. Hopefully 100m is attainable. Night.

Deques

Okay. My room hit the 100m a bit ago. Managed to join Deques and Grief.exe in 47100.

I'll just leave the scripts running over night. Hopefully 100m is attainable. Night.

Just 60m left
I read somewhere that this run will be longer, is this true?

Grief.exe

I've spent about $50 this sale. I don't think I've spent that much since summer sale 2011.

Troll scripts are too strong.

JaseC

Just 60m left
I read somewhere that this run will be longer, is this true?

There are no more Monster Deals, but the game itself was given a stay of execution and will now run until 9am on the 22nd (i.e. an hour before the sale ends).

JustLynx

There are no more Monster Deals, but the game itself was given a stay of execution and will now run until 9am on the 22nd (i.e. an hour before the sale ends).

it'll keep running from now until that time or will there be a reset and start over again?

ExoSoul

Banned

The quest for the WH badge continues!
Also just realised I haven't friended you yet

JaseC

bUT CAN i still buy Mighty #9 for $12 and redeem it a-OK?

Yes. That's my point -- games that were restricted to South American users are still restricted to South American users and games that were available to international users are still available to international users. Nothing has changed.

Tizoc

Yes. That's my point -- games that were restricted to South American users are still restricted to South American users and games that were available to international users are still available to international users. Nothing has changed.

Ah but Jase.
if I am finally able to buy them via Paypal, with their Paypal charging directly from the card.
Then that changes
EVERYTHING
for me

I ran into the bug that doesn't let you access your badges page but redirects you to your profile. Looking around the internet this one is pretty old but still exists for several people.

The funny thing is, it's fixed by interacting with someone on your friendslist. Sending a message or initiating a trade and then checking the badges page works, until it screws up again. How does that even work? volvo pls

Tizoc

Is there a way to sort games by offer now on Nuveem?

Seems the new layout is still being rolled out.
You get an error for searching even for a game that's on their front page.

Give it some time for them to iron stuff out and you should be able to use the search better.

JaseC

Ah but Jase.
if I am finally able to buy them via Paypal, with their Paypal charging directly from the card.
Then that changes
EVERYTHING
for me

If you have your CC saved to your PayPal account as a funding source, you can switch to it on the confirmation page.

nuuvemppufqnq.jpg

Seems the new layout is still being rolled out.
You get an error for searching even for a game that's on their front page.

Give it some time for them to iron stuff out and you should be able to use the search better.

I searched for Mighty #9 just fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom