• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2015 - Wait for the Steam Sale Thread You Bastards!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away 10 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.

project temporality -- MB-2B0C5BF61B80338F - Taken by freshVeggie
3 stars of destiny -- MB-3456756505C98BF4 - Taken by Ruruja
thief town -- MB-0B95DDA619896F37 - Taken by Eila
bloodsports.tv -- MB-C73EE01CDBB4CD1A - Taken by Purkake4
cyberpunk 3776 -- MB-A6CA081A68A1AECB - Taken by crimsonheadGCN
wooden floor -- MB-48C994287B815D1F - Taken by Chreznor
killing floor gift -- MB-6A20FF63229302C0 - Taken by ramoisdead
the book of legends -- MB-36862BAB37EC61D9 - Taken by GaussTek
hare in the hat -- MB-08F62E0626F99EDF - Taken by anastef
residue: final cut -- MB-9F53060721560002 - Taken by Natty1

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
can you do steam home streaming from outside of the home, or is it restricted to LAN?

I'm going to be away from home on business for a few days and would like to be able to dip into Kerbal Space Program while I'm away. I suppose if steam home streaming doesn't work I could use something like teamviewer?

It's possible to use IHS over the internet with some fooling around, but I wouldn't bother if your internet connection will be wireless, due to the additional latency. I'd say a decent ADSL connection is what you want at a bare minimum (assuming you'll still be in the same state).

rtcn63

0.o $2000 worth of steam cards seems a bit insane

Not for JaseC.

YdMhUh.jpg

People are always pessimistic towards anything Capcom though. Are you really that surprised?

I'm just glad Megaman is finally on steam. Took long enough.

people keep comparing a collection of 6 games for $15 as some sort of insult because back on the pee ess too they picked up a collection of 8 games for $40!

it's like, man, if i was capcom i would just burn it to the ground and just sell mega man to konami solely to piss off the whiners. lucky for capcom, im not capcom

mrklaw

MrArseFace
It's possible to use IHS over the internet with some fooling around, but I wouldn't bother if your internet connection will be wireless, due to the additional latency. I'd say a decent ADSL connection is what you want at a bare minimum (assuming you'll still be in the same state).

kerbal should be pretty latency tolerant though. I wouldn't expect to play anything latency sensitive.

Purkake4

Banned
So I have a question about using Steam abroad. I'll be on vacation for the summer sale, but I have some money in my steam wallet. How does this work, do I just have to the store of the country I'm in?

Sword Coast Legends is now pre-purchaseable. $35 for the standard edition or $60 for the DDE. Oddly, there's no info on what the latter contains.

I'm seeing:
Lol, that DDE price. What a joke.

Ahem. I cannot imagine a worse year for what will likely be a competent CRPG. The amount of competition they're going up against is crazy, especially when two of them (Wasteland 2 & Divinity: Original Sin) will be getting enhanced editions to make them even better.

The dungeon master mode and modding potential are the only things that can potentially give it a leg up against its competitors.

MUnited83

For you.
people keep comparing a collection of 6 games for $15 as some sort of insult because back on the pee ess too they picked up a collection of 8 games for $40!

it's like, man, if i was capcom i would just burn it to the ground and just sell mega man to konami solely to piss off the whiners. lucky for capcom, im not capcom
Nah. I'd say people are pessimistic because this collection is being made by the same people that borked the USFIV port and Mortal Kombat Arkade Kollection

MaxiLive

I guess this is news:

Drool's (ex-Harmonix + Lightning Bolt's bassist) fzero/epilepsy/eyesache/drooling beetle racing Thumper is coming on Steam and PS4 in 2016.

Can't wait + dem guys are totally nice people, so when the time will come, support and don't refund!

Wow that looks and sounds great :D Can't wait to see more!

Does anyone else think that The Witchers 3's voices are somewhat... off? Started the game and it's kinda bothering me (though I was getting more and more used to it). Can't really describe how, but the sounds feel like they are coming directly from my headphone speakers instead of characters mouths.

It also weird playing 30FPS (on Ultra) but I am getting used to that too.

zkylon

zkylewd
weekly reminder that game of thrones is hilariously terrible

it's just absurd how trash this show got in one season. wasn't ever much of a fan but it's just absurd at this point

Trying to post my Neptunia 2 review and Steam is being a massive pain in the ass.

I've got like 60% of it posted right now.
It's not even a long review (less than 1200 words).

New groupees up for preorder for $1
https://groupees.com/communitywgn
4JvPkrY.png

I guess one of the games is that one, it looks an awful lot like Realm of the Mad God.

From the Greenlight page.

Are the graphics stolen from Realm of The Mad God?
No, I have a license to use these graphics and also many of them are custom made. Several games use this same sprite pack, Dungeon Highway, Legends of Yore, Hack, Slash Loot to name a few.

Is this a ripoff of Realm of The Mad God?
Definitely not, but it’s certainly inspired by both Terraria and Realm of The Mad God.

zkylon

zkylewd
Haven't watched the latest episode, but what's the problem?
i haven't read the books so those might be fantastic, but at this point the show to me is just sad to watch. scenes with no purpose whatsoever (unless you count boobs or gratuitous violence), storylines that go nowhere, characters get introduced or get major importance then die the next episode or the other way around and suddenly they're back in, etc.

it's not like that's specially new to this season but a million things happen every episode and the show still somehow feels completely disconnected and aimless

dunno if you want me to get into specifics, i'm generally not a very nitpicky person and i can forgive a lot but omg this show is so bad for me right now

i don't watch tv much but going from hannibal to this is like really jarring, at this point it's just watching it to complain about it lol

stop watching trashy shows

well gotta do something until new izombie episodes

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
it's happening bitches

If it's Donte must Cry 2: Fuck You Harder instead of Devil May Cry 5: THIS PARTY IS GETTING ABSOLUTELY MOTIVATED edition, I'll cry tears and open the portal to hell on Capcom.

titch

i mean, if u dont use a guide it'll take forever

i think it's literally impossible to beat without a guide

I've already googled about opening chests as i was sure i was doing something wrong..........no way i will be able to avoid using a guide.

Didn't realise you could follow threads on steam until someone posted about the thread about Games with a High Risk of Removal.

Anyone got any other generic threads worth following in steam?

Anteater

If it's Donte must Cry 2: Fuck You Harder instead of Devil May Cry 5: THIS PARTY IS GETTING ABSOLUTELY MOTIVATED edition, I'll cry tears and open the portal to hell on Capcom.

I'm fine with both :p, but ninja theory is too busy with their own project

we're really lacking some hack and slash games

Nah it's just a E3 moment. Probably just a recap that DMC4 SE is coming out.

you're just jealous

i think dino crisis will happen too

Jawmuncher

I'm fine with both :p, but ninja theory is too busy with their own project

we're really lacking some hack and slash games

you're just jealous

i think dino crisis will happen too
I always get extremely jealous around E3, no joke.
Stop mentioning DmC2 people.

It's not funny.
I liked DmC. Yeah it was quite the same but on its own still good. Better than DMC2.

DMC4 was a good game that lacked on stages and making you play the same stages twice in 1 run was really sucked.

Yep, 4 was a good game mechanic wise, but repeating the levels and the story basically take a step back from the pretty good DMC3 hurt it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom