• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2015 - Wait for the Steam Sale Thread You Bastards!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grief.exe

Megaton

mwfipOo.png

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Is there anyone in the US who can help me out with this, assuming the deal is still active when I get paid (either later today or tomorrow -- for some reason it varies)? I'd like to buy 10 $100 codes this week and another 10 next week (if the deal is still running).

It got a lot of hate in Japan for some spectacularly misleading advertising, but I have no idea if the game itself is bad.

oh, was this the one where they hyped the game with a waifu but then either they made the waifu DLC or shes barely in the game or something?

I don't know who looks worse in that case: Bamco for doing somethign sleazy like that or the upset fans who let something like a waifu upset them so much

It got a lot of hate in Japan for some spectacularly misleading advertising, but I have no idea if the game itself is bad.

Spot on. Changed the heroine with someone else and tried to make her playable through DLC, yet she ended up as some irrelevant character, IIRC.
oh, was this the one where they hyped the game with a waifu but then either they made the waifu DLC or shes barely in the game or something?

I don't know who looks worse in that case: Bamco for doing somethign sleazy like that or the upset fans who let something like a waifu upset them so much
Yes XD

Daily Night of the Rabbit 80% off
Weeklongs active, for what it's worth. End the 15th

If you like point and click adventures, and haven't played this one yet, you're in for a treat. "But someguyinahat, Daedalic adventures all suck and their protagonists are all assholes and sad sacks!" Yeah, this is the exception. This is Daedalic done right.

Phawx

Anglo was filled with rage.

Incidentally, the story was going to be way longer, but at the 20 min mark I realized it was going to be too long, so I truncated some stuff. Trihard was supposed to be the president of the dinosaurs.

At least at the end we find out why Jawmuncher likes dinosaurs so much.

Lunaniem

Is there anyone in the US who can help me out with this, assuming the deal is still active when I get paid (either later today or tomorrow -- for some reason it varies)? I'd like to buy 10 $100 codes this week and another 10 next week (if the deal is still running).

If you haven't found anyone yet, PM me and I should be able to help later.

omg is that real

Yes, it's real. I've played it. You don't get eight robot masters like most, or even six like MM1.

You get three: Voltman, Sonicman and Dynaman. And there's no guesswork as to what's weak to what: you play them left to right.

After playing MM3 on the NES, this was a heartbreaker.

Chosen not to pre-order Batman: AK. All this DLC and exclusive DLC (retailer DLC etc.) has made me just wait for the GOTY edition or something.

I get epilepsy just by thinking about all the Arkham Knight DLC.

I'm kind of in the same boat. I sort of want to play this game ASAP, but to me its just easier to get a complete edition later down the road.

Just as a disclaimer, I won't defend how this DLC is being treated, and if you're genuinely boycotting this out of principle, then ignore this.

However, if you were really looking forward to the game, just get it from GMG for $36, or get it with the season pass for $54. The stuff you're missing out on is not worth waiting 6-12 months for. If you get in on the GMG deal(s), you would be saving about as much money as you'd spend on the GOTY version.

The only DLC that you wouldn't get with the $54 version is the Red Hood one, and that will almost definitely be available down the line for everyone.

zkylon

zkylewd
Yep. I used to own this (for DOS) on floppy disks. It was terrible - it ran with bad framerate issues, and had no background music whatsoever. Here's a Youtube video I found of someone playing the Wind Man stage:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A7XBR7Edk8A
Yes, it's real. I've played it. You don't get eight robot masters like most, or even six like MM1.

You get three: Voltman, Sonicman and Dynaman. And there's no guesswork as to what's weak to what: you play them left to right.

After playing MM3 on the NES, this was a heartbreaker.

lol that's absolutely hilarious

ijust told my brother about it and he was like in total disbelief

that's pretty cool, is it still going? i'd probably be up to split two $50 cards

Sword Coast Legends is now pre-purchaseable. $35 for the standard edition or $60 for the DDE. Oddly, there's no info on what the latter contains.

I'm seeing:

Digital Deluxe Edition Includes:

• Tome of knowledge (giving players a boost to their attributes and abilities)
• Order of the Burning Cloak Armor and Weapons
• Beholder monster for Dungeon Masters
• Lost Mines dungeon tileset for Dungeon Masters
• Specials Wisps for Dungeon Master cursors
• Exclusive Hero forum badge
• Exclusive Dungeon Master forum badge
• Digital soundtrack of Sword Coast Legends

Sword Coast Legends is now pre-purchaseable. $35 for the standard edition or $60 for the DDE. Oddly, there's no info on what the latter contains.

from the SCL site...

DDE - DIGITAL DELUXE EDITION
PRE-ORDER PACK
$59.99
INCLUDES: Copy of Sword Coast Legends via Steam, Tome of Knowledge, Order of the Burning Dawn Cloak, Armor and Weapons, Beholder (DM use), Lost Mines dungeon tile set (DM use), Wisps (DM use cursors), Hero Forum Badge, DM Forum Badge, Game Soundtrack (Digital)

edit: beaten

That's amazing! Thank you for such an informative post! I'll most likely download the files that you uploaded but I'll check the mod descriptions for anything that I might want to disable. It sounds like I'll skip the combat mod, from what you wrote, but I really enjoy W1's system so, if the normal one in W2 is similar, I won't mind too much. Thanks again!
No problem. Glad I could be helpful. From what I played yesterday, combat seems a bit more active. I am enjoying it a lot.

tmarg

Digital Deluxe Edition
Digital Deluxe Edition Includes:

• Tome of knowledge (giving players a boost to their attributes and abilities)
• Order of the Burning Cloak Armor and Weapons
• Beholder monster for Dungeon Masters
• Lost Mines dungeon tileset for Dungeon Masters
• Specials Wisps for Dungeon Master cursors
• Exclusive Hero forum badge
• Exclusive Dungeon Master forum badge
• Digital soundtrack of Sword Coast Legends

Parsnip

Just as a disclaimer, I won't defend how this DLC is being treated, and if you're genuinely boycotting this out of principle, then ignore this.

However, if you were really looking forward to the game, just get it from GMG for $36, or get it with the season pass for $54. The stuff you're missing out on is not worth waiting 6-12 months for. If you get in on the GMG deal(s), you would be saving about as much money as you'd spend on the GOTY version.

The only DLC that you wouldn't get with the $54 version is the Red Hood one, and that will almost definitely be available down the line for everyone.

I grabbed the regular edition because most of the DLC they are talking about is pointless (to me). I'm going wait and pick only the good stuff afterwards. No point in buying a season pass or deluxe edition or whatever if half of the stuff they going to bring is costumes and challenge maps or whatever.

Vamphuntr

You guys should post again what does the digital deluxe edition contain, after reading it 4 times I'm not sure.

I think the game was cheaper before when you preordered on their website. I guess the promo changed. I'm excited because the people in charge of the battle system were working on DAO and yet i'm wary because they are not using the D&D ruleset.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Spare:

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Pixel Star -- MB-B3368EE574C2B206 - Taken by Saty

Friends took their share, now it's your turn Gaffer.
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (freshVeggie, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Luminosity -- MB-355E36F23A9E31C0 - Taken by chronomac. 2 entrants total.
Quantum Rush Champions -- MB-BA711F9855CBD2DD - Taken by Mixed2k. 2 entrants total.

t1433787765z1.png

tmarg

I think the game was cheaper before when you preordered on their website. I guess the promo changed. I'm excited because the people in charge of the battle system were working on DAO and yet i'm wary because they are not using the D&D ruleset.

I'm not sure DA:O's battle system is something to get excited about. It was ok. It definitely wasn't what people played that game for.

MUnited83

For you.
Skipping 5k and going straight for the 6k?:p

I grabbed the regular edition because most of the DLC they are talking about is pointless (to me). I'm going wait and pick only the good stuff afterwards. No point in buying a season pass or deluxe edition or whatever if half of the stuff they going to bring is costumes and challenge maps or whatever.

And that's understandable too. I just see people lamenting the DLC situation saying they really wanted to play the game, but are waiting for the GOTY version. In that case, it's almost certainly not worth the trouble of waiting for the GOTY edition when you can 1) buy the base game for less than the base game's MSRP or 2) buy the game + season pass for half the MSRP. There's really no considerable advantage to waiting for that version unless you're also willing to wait even longer for that version to go on sale.

I'm sure there are people truly okay with waiting, but those aren't the same people who are super excited about playing the game. If those people pass up on these pre-release deals, then they're just making themselves suffer for no good reason.

A GAF user said this recently, and I'm inclined to agree with some bits:

My theory is that a lot of the most rabid complainers about DLC tend to come from folks who have a highly "completionist" approach to gaming, and basically are prone to gaming FOMO.

Like in Batman's case, even if the game itself is perfectly fine and a complete experience worth the $60, the mere knowledge of there being more out there causes some people to get frustrated, because they want to "own it all" and "100% it". In a way, it mirrors the completionist approach to a lot of game design in general ("complete 500 objectives to 100% the game!"), just applied to real life (which is why it feels worse, since money is involved). Since they psychologically feel like they "have" to buy it (only way to 100% it after all!), they lash out at the company for being unfair. This is for the more extreme complainers though...people who just think "meh, that looks like a shitty value, not interested" is one thing, but "this is abusive to consumers! I will never trust them again!" seems a bit over the top imo.

If WB still developed the exact same content on the same timeline, but publicly announced it a month after release, it would be considered more acceptable, even though from the perspective of the game or the development itself, nothing has changed. Everyone would probably praise them for "waiting until the game was finished before announcing DLC", haha.

dot

What's with all the pessimism towards the new Megaman Collection?

People are always pessimistic towards anything Capcom though. Are you really that surprised?

I'm just glad Megaman is finally on steam. Took long enough.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
can you do steam home streaming from outside of the home, or is it restricted to LAN?

I'm going to be away from home on business for a few days and would like to be able to dip into Kerbal Space Program while I'm away. I suppose if steam home streaming doesn't work I could use something like teamviewer?

Backlogger

And that's understandable too. I just see people lamenting the DLC situation saying they really wanted to play the game, but are waiting for the GOTY version. In that case, it's almost certainly not worth the trouble of waiting for the GOTY edition when you can 1) buy the base game for less than the base game's MSRP or 2) buy the game + season pass for half the MSRP. There's really no considerable advantage to waiting for that version unless you're also willing to wait even longer for that version to go on sale.

I'm sure there are people truly okay with waiting, but those aren't the same people who are super excited about playing the game. If those people pass up on these pre-release deals, then they're just making themselves suffer for no good reason.

A GAF user said this recently, and I'm inclined to agree with some bits:

I get what you and the person you quoted are saying, but yeah. I don't know. Nothing else to add other than I guess I am just crazy. I own ~1300 games on Steam and ~700 DLC. I just like to make sure I have all the DLC for a game even if its DLC I end up not playing. I am not a completionist in the sense of I like to 100% every game I own, but I am a completionist more in the sense of a collector. I have gotten hosed in the past by the way DLC gets sold piecemeal or time exclusive DLC where I have had to re-buy "complete" editions to get a few pieces of DLC or to get the best deal on a couple pieces I didn't own. I would rather just wait. If they want all my money up front they should just make it simpler up front.

can you do steam home streaming from outside of the home, or is it restricted to LAN?

I'm going to be away from home on business for a few days and would like to be able to dip into Kerbal Space Program while I'm away. I suppose if steam home streaming doesn't work I could use something like teamviewer?

Restricted to LAN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom