• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2015 - Wait for the Steam Sale Thread You Bastards!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arthea

Clicker Heroes is currently #6 on current player count.

You guys are missing out.

As you seem to be so into it, I as well may ask. I kinda don't feel like I'm doing any progress whatsoever, I'm on my 7th ascension, or 8th, and it kinda remains the same, every run, not to mention that I no longer can buy ancients as their price became ridiculous. So how do you do it? Am I missing something?
The same is true about Adventure Capitalist, I'm stuck somewhere around 400-500 on all facilities and I don't see anything improving by doing it over again, even if my angel count is now in millions. Maybe those games aren't for me, after all.

I kinda don't feel like I'm doing any progress whatsoever, I'm on my 7th ascension, or 8th, and it kinda remains the same, every run, not to mention that I no longer can buy ancients as their price became ridiculous. So how do you do it? Am I missing something?

How many hero souls do you pick up upon ascension? It should be at least 7. Do quick runs instead of long ones, get your 7-10 souls, then ascend. Also, I don't know which ancients you picked up but some are a lot better than others.

Uraizen

Banned
A lot of the things the DeFUCK YOUitive edition got was things that were already mods to fix the base version on PC. So it's kinda understandable that they didn't make a PC port of that.

Still, terrible game. Vorgol's downfall could've been maybe great, but it is mired in poor level design.

At least we're getting motivated in a few weeks.

Oy oy oy, I didn't say what I would recommend it for. If somebody asked me what character action game to play, it would not be my first, second, or even third recommendation.

Arthea

How many hero souls do you pick up upon ascension? It should be at least 7. Do quick runs instead of long ones, get your 7-10 souls, then ascend. Also, I don't know which ancients you picked up but some are a lot better than others.

That might be my mistake... I was trying to get at least 14 souls every run, that drags every run tremendously and ya, I regret I picked at least one ancient already, I kinda misunderstood description, or rather it was wishful thinking on my part.

Arthea

ok, i'm in..... ahh... where is the pay wall? I don't see a store or anything.

you can buy gems, their price is kinda ridiculous, tho, but strictly speaking, there is no paywall, you can play indefinitely without paying a cent. That's one of reasons why it is so popular.

I swear some character action game fans can be a bit much. It's like the Bad part of FGC at times.

That's not it, that's more like hating on GoW for example, if you into such kind of games, it's a must, you just have to hate it.

edited: I'm not even saying DmC is bad, is no GoW, but it's not good enough

edit2: and let's not forget that Donte is loathsome, that's simply true

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
Oy oy oy, I didn't say what I would recommend it for. If somebody asked me what character action game to play, it would not be my first, second, or even third recommendation.

Still the only good boss fight in the main game for all versions is the last one since it was the first and last legit DmC:DE boss fight that forced me to keep switching it up. I got the adrenaline I usually get from these type of games pumping and if they'd get rid of those mid-boss mini cutscenes it'd be a perfect fight story stuff aside. V's downfall was pretty cool despite not getting the final boss I expected.

Well I didn't really like anyone in that game but the environments were nice looking though!

inm8num2

i would very much suggest ppl to pick it up for cheap or in a humble bundle if they like narrative-driven games

Yea I'm very intrigued by the game. If 75% off I'll probably take the plunge, but fate will have it be in a HIB shortly thereafter. :p

It was DmC, not a good DMC game and not a very good game overall. The PC port was ok though.

38249599.jpg

Its the only decent DMC game. :p

Arthea

Still the only good boss fight in the main game for all versions is the last one since it was the first and last legit DmC:DE boss fight that forced me to keep switching it up. I got the adrenaline I usually get from these type of games pumping and if they'd get rid of those mid-boss mini cutscenes it'd be a perfect fight story stuff aside. V's downfall was pretty cool despite not getting the final boss I expected.

Well I didn't really like anyone in that game but the environments were nice looking though!

I don't think it's a bad looking game per se, it's quite pleasant to an eye, if we could exchange Donte to Dante, it would look even better, no?

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
I don't think it's a bad looking game per se, it's quite pleasant to an eye, if we could exchange Donte to Dante, it would look even better, no?

Well I played through it with DMC3 Dante skin and it looked a bit nicer to me although they modeled the hair a bit oddly.

Jawmuncher

duno if i'd say that's a quality that's restricted to action game fans

No other genre besides souls stuff out of what I play, has ever made me just want to give up on them. I don't even bother with souls threads anymore. Should probably do the same with anything with character action games as well.

Jawmuncher

you can buy gems, their price is kinda ridiculous, tho, but strictly speaking, there is no paywall, you can play indefinitely without paying a cent. That's one of reasons why it is so popular.

That's not it, that's more like hating on GoW for example, if you into such kind of games, it's a must, you just have to hate it.

edited: I'm not even saying DmC is bad, is no GoW, but it's not good enough

I have no clue what you just said.

Arthea

Grow Home $4,79: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00SVL8IWW/?tag=neogaf0e-20 And Uplay EU has it discounted now as well.

steam sale is in 3 days! Have some patience, man

I have no clue what you just said.

oh, never mind me, it was all about what a character action game should be. You see, if you don't like a character, a game is already loses half of its appeal, now let's say if combat is dumb, boring, mashy, it loses another half. That's all what I was saying.
It still comes down to taste, so nobody is exactly wrong in this argument, we just like different things.

zkylon

zkylewd
Yea I'm very intrigued by the game. If 75% off I'll probably take the plunge, but fate will have it be in a HIB shortly thereafter. :p
like if you can take the bad with the good then you're set

i appreciate what it tries to do for sure

No other genre besides souls stuff out of what I play, has ever made me just want to give up on them. I don't even bother with souls threads anymore. Should probably do the same with anything with character action games as well.
i mean i don't know why you would give up on the game because of what random ppl think?

and btw league of legends community is pretty bad..

Arthea

i mean i don't know why you would give up on the game because of what random ppl think?

in the end of the day, every fan community is pretty bad, except Suikoden community, it was awesome... until 4th was released, then things got less pretty, but it was still great as far as communities go.

Ozium

As you seem to be so into it, I as well may ask. I kinda don't feel like I'm doing any progress whatsoever, I'm on my 7th ascension, or 8th, and it kinda remains the same, every run, not to mention that I no longer can buy ancients as their price became ridiculous. So how do you do it? Am I missing something?
The same is true about Adventure Capitalist, I'm stuck somewhere around 400-500 on all facilities and I don't see anything improving by doing it over again, even if my angel count is now in millions. Maybe those games aren't for me, after all.

millions?

lol

this is why you cannot progress

zkylon

zkylewd
in the end of the day, every fan community is pretty bad, except Suikoden community, it was awesome... until 4th was released, then things got less pretty, but it was still great as far as communities go.

why do you gotta bring up suikoden

where is your heart you monster

Salsa

shitty weekend. grandpa died. he was a big theatre figure in my country so i've been at 2 different services all day yesterday and today

here's Uruguay's president dedicating a minute of silence to him earlier today, which I thought was cool and uploaded to YT

https://youtu.be/VWLeqGEE_iY

damn you gramps it was free witcher time

love y'all, hug yo gramps

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey

Yesssss

Wait, I'm trying to be productive...

Fuck.

shitty weekend. grandpa died. he was a big theatre figure in my country so i've been at 2 different services all day yesterday and today

here's Uruguay's president dedicating a minute of silence to him earlier today, which I thought was cool and uploaded to YT

RIP Salsa's Grandpa ;-; Must have been a pretty influential figure in theater to get such a dedication. Sorry for your loss!

Jawmuncher

steam sale is in 3 days! Have some patience, man

oh, never mind me, it was all about what a character action game should be. You see, if you don't like a character, a game is already loses half of its appeal, now let's say if combat is dumb, boring, mashy, it loses another half. That's all what I was saying.
It still comes down to taste, so nobody is exactly wrong in this argument, we just like different things.
That is the problem with the action genre, it's a bit broad for what it covers.
like if you can take the bad with the good then you're set

i appreciate what it tries to do for sure

Guess those lingering thoughts, or wanting to discuss and realizing you're just going to be shot down with the ideas you have.

Wok

This is sad. Hug.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom