• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2015 - Wait for the Steam Sale Thread You Bastards!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jawmuncher

DMC was a very good game, I can't understand why people hate it. The only bad Devil May Cry is 2, that is bad, but DMC? It's ok, you get used to new Dante after a while. Maybe the plot is a bit twilishing and not so original, but the game is very good.

DmC plot spanked everything aside DMC3s

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
New Mirrors Edge is definitely called Catalyst

Sounds like that's going to be the reboots subtitle.

But I want to know if there's a sandbox mode. I'd spend a shit ton of time in Mirror's Edge if it had a sandbox.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
ಠ_ಠ

I will never get other gay men's fascination with Donte. Never ever will. *shakes head*

Character is visually attractive. Personality might be a douche but that simply adds to the I could make bad guys good for the weekend type of fantasy I suppose.

Armikrog is available for pre-order.

header.jpg

Spiritual sequel to The Neverhood, one of the best point-and-click adventure games.

TheSeks

Character is visually attractive. Personality might be a douche but that simply adds to the I could make bad guys good for the weekend type of fantasy I suppose.

I wanna be the one to fill your
cavities
soul with LIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT.

But no. His outfit was kinda pop-punk, but everything was just unattractive. Now Vorgol... WOOF.

I'm expecting it. I think the leaked description mentions it. Along with MP.

Yeah, if EatChildren's leak is to be believed from last year (or 2013?) when it was in pre-planning stages, they're going to have drop-in/out multiplayer for the sandbox. Which'll be REALLY good. The trails for the first was really great, but I want to take my time and do parkour practice without a time limit on my head.

Uraizen

Banned
DMC was a very good game, I can't understand why people hate it. The only bad Devil May Cry is 2, that is bad, but DMC? It's ok, you get used to new Dante after a while. Maybe the plot is a bit twilishing and not so original, but the game is very good.

If you mean DmC, then that game was pretty bad. The Definitive Edition fixed a lot of what was wrong with it and turned it into a game I can recommend. It's a shame Steam never got it.

Cool, not buying then!

That's just bad timing for them, lol.

TheSeks

If you mean DmC, then that game was pretty bad. The Definitive Edition fixed a lot of what was wrong with it and turned it into a game I can recommend. It's a shame Steam never got it.

A lot of the things the DeFUCK YOUitive edition got was things that were already mods to fix the base version on PC. So it's kinda understandable that they didn't make a PC port of that.

Still, terrible game. Vorgol's downfall could've been maybe great, but it is mired in poor level design.

At least we're getting motivated in a few weeks.

Clicker Heroes is currently #6 on current player count.

You guys are missing out.

Adventure lost... *sunglasses* Steam
YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
while Clicker gained... Steam.
YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
. It's bizzare.

Tizoc

The DE is based on mods available for the PC ver.
I still recommend the old ver. especially on Steam.

Armikrog is available for pre-order.

header.jpg

Spiritual sequel to The Neverhood, one of the best point-and-click adventure games.

Nice! I'm at work, but where would be the cheapest to get it from be?

zkylon

zkylewd
LwBRPxA.png

the gods will be watching dlc is pretty interesting, even if it doesn't (can't) fix anything that was wrong with the main game

i love the whole fatalistic motif of the game and i really like the way the types of moral choices the game puts you through, even if they sometimes fall under the mass effect category of "kill a baby or kill a kitten" stupidness. in this dlc tho, they're pretty great, nothing too gruesome or exploitative but still effective and still just really tough to call

the dlc doesn't really add much to the overall moral of the story, but i like going back and thinking about those difficult things again. i really enjoy the universe and the characters and the themes, and i see there's something great in here somewhere, it's just that this gameplay is just not enjoyable even if it makes sense for it to be like that, because it's not like it gives you an uncomfortable dreadful sensation when playing it, it's just boring and clunky and unfair in ways that are just not in the nature of how games work

still pretty worth it if only for the story, and you can set it to casual and breeze through it no problem

also again the art and the soundtrack are both fantastic

Dunno, I find it much better than the books, at least some characters actually do SOMETHING in the tv serial, while in the books they just stay here like statues.
could be, not arguing otherwise since i really don't read the books

just saying the show is really bad right now

I've already googled about opening chests as i was sure i was doing something wrong..........no way i will be able to avoid using a guide.
i'd say try to make it as far as you can without it, but after you find yourself consulting a guide often just 100% rely on it since it's probably by that time that the game becomes a chore to progress through

Tizoc

The game will likely appear on Nuuvem in due time as it's being published by Versus Evil and all of its Steam games are also sold there (The Banner Saga, Toren, Habitat and Guild of Dungeoneering).

Cool thanks.
For that matter anyone know of any method to have Paypal 'credit' stored on one's PP account? The thing is the account is attached to my brother's old Bank account and he doesn't use it much anymore =_=

did Gods Will Be Watching become a decent game once they allowed for a non-RNG mode? I've wanted to play it since it seemed real interesting but the whole RNG angle was a huge turnoff.

TheSeks

Absolutely disgusting.

Why.

I said the same thing until I booted it and Adventure up. Now I check them in the morning and the evening. THE RIDE NEVER ENDS.
I WANNA GET OFF MR. GABEN'S IDLING RIDE.

MUnited83

For you.
The DE is based on mods available for the PC ver.
I still recommend the old ver. especially on Steam.
. Incorrect. Sadly, many of the major fixes are not a mod. Definitive edition is the way to.go.

It was a godawful fucking terrible game. Some mods made it decent, the definitive edition finally madenit good.

Tizoc

. Incorrect. Sadly, many of the major fixes are not a mod. Definitive edition is the way to.go.

I stand corrected then, but I would still recommend the game (on Steam) as I really enjoyed it myself and find it a good action game.

I think my brother still has the PS3 disc? I'll trade it for DMC4SE Asia ver. once it is available over here to get it for cheaper, then get DmC DE when it is on sale :3

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
did Gods Will Be Watching becoming a decent game once they allowed for a non-RNG mode? I've wanted to play it since it seemed real interesting but the whole RNG angle was a huge turnoff.

I think the story is interesting and forces you into some fairly uncomfortable/difficult positions as a leader. There were a few elements early on that seemed really contradictory until a later revelation, which will either cause everything to somewhat make sense, or feel like a cheap tactic to excuse away a few things. The majority of my problems with the game was that it used RNG to make you miss out on all of this and turning what should have been an effective story into a lukewarm experience marred by attrition.

I haven't played since they added the extra difficulty modes, but assuming they do away with the problematic elements or at least let you tone down the ruthlessness of the RNG, I'd recommend giving it a shot for whatever price it hits during the sale. It's hit pretty low recently, if I recall correctly.

zkylon

zkylewd
did Gods Will Be Watching becoming a decent game once they allowed for a non-RNG mode? I've wanted to play it since it seemed real interesting but the whole RNG angle was a huge turnoff.
not really, the rng factor was an issue but there were way bigger problems, mainly that it's just a pretty irritating game to play because of numerous ux issues and the general trial and error thing of the dangerous mix of chapters having insta-failure triggers coupled with how you pretty much have to walk in blind all the time, which isn't helped since you have to start a chapter over every time you fuck up with no saves or checkpoints in between, and you can't really skip animations (tho you can cutscenes and dialogue)

the rng-removing patch did add a casual mode that's basically free win for everything if you want to just access the story with minimal challenge

not retrying over and over, even because the game is sometimes just plain unfair, kind of robs a little meaning out of the game, but i think it's worth it to play it in casual mode rather than not play it at all

like, papers please is a well put-together anxiety inducing game with tough, unpleasant decisions to make and compelling gameplay.

this is not

but it's still pretty ok

Gods Will Be Watching is due for a Humble Bundle.
i would very much suggest ppl to pick it up for cheap or in a humble bundle if they like narrative-driven games

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom