• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2015 - Wait for the Steam Sale Thread You Bastards!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Speaking of surprising things from Capcom's fact sheets they released today, here's a bit from Resident Evil Zero HD Remaster:

ab457cd2d2f7bfbf8e3083a68eb3ce29.png

Am I reading this right, did they re-create all the pre-rendered backgrounds for Zero but not for REmake? I will admit all the stuff shown in the trailer looked really good, and yes I know a lot of the RE Zero team is working on this, but...

dot

Maybe they'll port over MM7-10, MM&B, and Power Battles in the future as another collection or dlc.

That's 6 more games.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I have been out of the loop but did I read last week that the summer sale is this week?

Yes. Starts on Thursday at 10am PT. There'll be relatively few week-long deals when the store updates in about 15 minutes and all will have a discount end date of the 11th.

TyranoBuilder is some pretty neat tech. You can watch me create the world's worst (best?) VN here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l9vRwLB_eEk

I apologize that it is offcenter. It wasn't offcenter in the preview pane while recording and there was no way I could record again as I had a lot of laughs making the original. Just felt like it would have way different mojo.

Quick Impressions of TyranoBuilder: I'd say if you were honestly interested in making a VN, TyranoBuilder would be a huge help in making that happen. Literally the entire engine takes all of ten minutes to become familiar with the basics and thirty minutes before feeling comfortable with the software itself. There are a few quirks with how things enter/exit the view-field but what's nice is that you can make very quick changes and literally right-click on a thread previous to your changes to quickly ascertain what is going on / fixes you made actually worked.

Also the syntax necessary to get 80% of what you need done is dirt-simple to do. There are a few things you can do to work outside of what TyranoBuilder allows but those are some advanced techniques.

One quirk that took a little bit for me to figure out was that you need to save your game prior to compiling. I didn't think it would be necessary as I thought saving was more for archival purposes. The first time I compiled to a Windows Build the game was all messed up, but when I ran the preview everything would work fine. So just be mindful of that.

Also I wish that compiling to Android was easier. Right now it exports to files that you can then import to Eclipse with ADT. At the very least I'd rather having something to build form Android Studio. Even better than that would be to build an APK directly or setting up the environment from within TyranoBuilder from which you could have a few flags to set things properly to distribute on the Play store easily.

TyranoBuilder essentially makes it that the part you are going to be spending most of your time on will be asset creation and story creation. If you had a passing fancy at creating a VN, I don't think you'll find any software that makes it any easier to just get to the creative part of it.

Edit: Also if anyone cares, the worst VN featuring dinosaurs can be made available if anyone wants it. Just let me know and I'll upload the Windows build somewhere.
That looked pretty cool and easy! Skimmed through the video though :p

Aw, you put stump in the tar pits at the end! ;)

Yes. Starts on Thursday at 10am PT. There'll be relatively few week-long deals when the store updates in about 15 minutes and all will have a discount end date of the 11th.

Awesome, I mean..I probably wont buy anything as I have most games I want but it is always exciting to see the deals anyway

fantomena

Chosen not to pre-order Batman: AK. All this DLC and exclusive DLC (retailer DLC etc.) has made me just wait for the GOTY edition or something.

I get epilepsy just by thinking about all the Arkham Knight DLC.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.

Backlogger

Chosen not to pre-order Batman: AK. All this DLC and exclusive DLC (retailer DLC etc.) has made me just wait for the GOTY edition or something.

I get epilepsy just by thinking about all the Arkham Knight DLC.

I'm kind of in the same boat. I sort of want to play this game ASAP, but to me its just easier to get a complete edition later down the road.

Copons

I guess this is news:

Drool's (ex-Harmonix + Lightning Bolt's bassist) fzero/epilepsy/eyesache/drooling beetle racing Thumper is coming on Steam and PS4 in 2016.

Can't wait + dem guys are totally nice people, so when the time will come, support and don't refund!

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
There is weeklong deals. DOes that mean no hot seal on thursday?

There are only 25 of them. Interestingly, they all run for a full week, but I assume either their discounts will change when the Summer Sale starts or the discounts they have now are the same as their general Summer Sale discounts.

Very helpful Witcher 2 mod post.

That's amazing! Thank you for such an informative post! I'll most likely download the files that you uploaded but I'll check the mod descriptions for anything that I might want to disable. It sounds like I'll skip the combat mod, from what you wrote, but I really enjoy W1's system so, if the normal one in W2 is similar, I won't mind too much. Thanks again!

I don't care for "Tales of" games, but I know some people do. PC version of Zestiria was accidentally confirmed
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1059085

Day one.

Huh, seems that another supermarket in the UK has opted to stock Steam credit vouchers, just been to ASDA and saw some.

So now we can get Steam credit from:

1. GAME
  2. Tesco
  3. Asda
3 retailers. Coincidence?

but i thought Zesteria was considered a b tier Tales game at its best

It's not about the quality, it's about sending a message.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
but i thought Zesteria was considered a b tier Tales game at its best

Just as its prescription drug sounding moniker would suggest: users build up greater and greater tolerances over time and will often turn to inferior-quality drugs at larger quantities to sate their appetite.

This explains meth just as well as it does anime.

Knurek

I wasn't paying attention, how did D4 did, did it chart top10 at all?

Also somethin I've just noticed - Artifex Mundi games have different header images for different store languages. Just check Grim Legends from current weekly - there's one for English, French, German, Polish and even Japanese one! I love those guys <3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom