• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2015 - Wait for the Steam Sale Thread You Bastards!

Status
Not open for further replies.

zkylon

zkylewd
funny thinking i payed 25usd for the first few humble bundles

wonder if other ppl like me devolved into now just putting the bare minimum over the years

planning on putting a few more pennies when i'm in a more stable $$$ situation but still, weird how my feelings towards bundles went from "this is super cool i must support it with as much as i can!" to just being exhausted by bundles

Jawmuncher

If there were not timezones Phileas Fogg would not won race Around the World in 80 days :D

P.S. You need to check new Tomb Raider Mobile game

rgNuqBMl.png

He didn't need to race around the world anyway. Also looks like I need to at least try it out now. Have actually heard it's not too bad for a endless runner.

Arthea

Lara looks odd in that game, like too young by a decade or something, is it a prequel?

it is totally a joke, in before someone is explaining that it isn't

it sucks not using spoiler tags, MAJORLY!

dex3108

Its fun and the graphics almost make me wish it would come to the pc. Almost. Mostly because the high end games tend to eat battery life like its candy.

It has more variety than other endless runners but it has same issue like other endless runners it becomes boring fast.

And new GTA V Patch is live on Steam.

this Honest Hearts DLC has been a swing and a miss so far. I like that it goes into the Burned Man and what he's been up to and the area is actually really different from the main game and interesting but the whole plot being basically "im stuck here trying to get back home and can you help me oh you need me to do these missions first well i guess i have no choice" has been a wet fart really. I'm also growing pretty tired of all the side quests this game throws at you in general, which really seems like a bad thing given that this game is loaded with side quests. I guess that scene with the Burned Man just checking out his guns was pretty cool though.

Oh well. Let's go kill some white legs and make Zion a safer place or something.

this Honest Hearts DLC has been a swing and a miss so far. I like that it goes into the Burned Man and what he's been up to and the area is actually really different from the main game and interesting but the whole plot being basically "im stuck here trying to get back home and can you help me oh you need me to do these missions first well i guess i have no choice" has been a wet fart really. I'm also growing pretty tired of all the side quests this game throws at you in general, which really seems like a bad thing given that this game is loaded with side quests. I guess that scene with the Burned Man just checking out his guns was pretty cool though.

The Old World Blues is the only must play DLC for New Vegas.

Wow. I wake up and the last ten pages are almost sales-times animu craziness.

You guys are scaring me. Think we should start the sales thread earlier for you to frolic over there.

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
So I've been going through the skullgirls tutorials and my hands feel numb now :/

Wow. I wake up and the last ten pages are almost sales-times animu craziness.

You guys are scaring me. Think we should start the sales thread earlier for you to frolic over there.

Never been here in a large sale before so do this thread get calmer under the sale or what?

Yeah, i think i'm just going to mainline HH and maybe the other DLCs and not even try whatever side stuff they contain. The New Vegas fatigue is real now, i just want to start wrapping the game up already.

That's one of those things that New Vegas fans like to bring out. How much more is in New Vegas that in 3 but it was too much and most of it was rather terrible / forgettable. With Fallout 3 I wanted more but with New Vegas, I got to the point I wanted to just be done with it and that was around the halfway point.

zkylon

zkylewd

Oh well. Let's go kill some white legs and make Zion a safer place or something.

it's the weakest dlc imo. there's some cool stuff about it but the burned man is disappointingly low on screen time and it not being part of the same storyline as the other dlcs makes it a little weird

my favorite is dead money

Bundle left-over. and
Happy birthday bud! Spend some good times with your family before sale consumes you ;)
Haha. That was a fun read. That funding goal :O
Some quick impressions on Dokuro (9,99$/€).
That was a fun read, too!
Cool! Got another Riddick to give away. (^_^)
Dang. Should have stayed awake for half an hour more. Pretty nice of you.
Never been here in a large sale before so do this thread get calmer under the sale or what?
Usually the very opposite of calm, hah. But since things changed and there are now separate sale threads, things stay calmer than usual.

That's one of those things that New Vegas fans like to bring out. How much more is in New Vegas that in 3 but it was too much and most of it was rather terrible / forgettable. With Fallout 3 I wanted more but with New Vegas, I got to the point I wanted to just be done with it and that was around the halfway point.

the vanilla campaign is pretty good with regard to its quests but, yeah, the whole game basically shifts from a revenge plot to some sort of political endeavor halfway through and there isn't much in the way of motivation for that shift. I did really enjoy how your interaction with the 5-6 major tribes in the area was varied and how it all ties into the final mission from my understanding, even though I think that going the independent vegas route seems underbaked compared to siding with NCR or Legion.

Unlike Fallout 3, New Vegas is much more about the smaller moments. Fallout 3 was about making interesting major missions with the side stuff there for fluff; FNV is all side stuff really but there is some excellent side stuff to be had.

it's the weakest dlc imo. there's some cool stuff about it but the burned man is disappointingly low on screen time and it not being part of the same storyline as the other dlcs makes it a little weird

my favorite is dead money

well, the whole conceit of HH is just dumb all around. You going along with the caravan is stupidly contrived and then being stuck in the area doing fetch quests isn't exactly a well designed experience.

but still, i can watch a loop of the Burned Man messing with his guns all day hah

Zeknurn

The news we have all been waiting for.
kyQYxSI.png

Pre-Orders are live tomorrow for North America (hardware only) and coming soon for Europe (hardware & Farming Simulator GOLD 15 bundle)! You will receive an e-mail when it’s time to order! The first to market custom Farming Simulator hardware, which includes Wheel & Pedals and the Vehicle Side Panel, will also be on display at E3 next week.

Enjoy unique features like:
  • Fully Loaded — front loader control stick with 6DoF
  • Mod-Friendly Design — more than 25 programmable buttons
  • Go for a Cruise — built-in speed dial
  • Woodcutter’s Best Friend — ideal for logging with cranes

derExperte

Done with Kholat (3.1hrs, 11/20 achievements). Hard to recommend for full price, it looks and sounds gorgeous but the gameplay is very thin, go to coordinates, collect a note, repeat. Some kind of ghosts are roaming around in certain areas and when they catch you unaware it's a nice scare but overall they're easy to avoid. Story and narration (by Sean Bean) are also only so-so, maybe they should've toned down the supernatural stuff and integrated real survival elements. So in the end it doesn't come together 100% but the atmosphere pulled me through. 6.5/10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom