• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2015 - Wait for the Steam Sale Thread You Bastards!

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
- Estimated 5 meters of wireless communications range. Actual results may vary.

That seems low. I remember testing the range of the DS3 shortly after purchasing my PS3 way back when and it still worked from an empty block across the road (~25m away from the console).

Arthea

I see nobody noticed that This Starry Midnight We Make released today
and it has cards and cheevos,
oh joy

ups I forgot to refresh... oh well one more reminder can't hurt

A Fish Aficionado

I am going to make it through this year if it kills me
That seems low. I remember testing the range of the DS3 shortly after purchasing my PS3 way back when and it still worked from an empty block across the road (~25m away from the console).
What a bizarre thing to do.

I imagine it being a power issue.

tioslash

Nice, I triggered a massive bug on master-blacksmith quest on Witcher 3, now I can't complete it.

Apparently there are many, many bugs with quests on this game. Didn´t run into any so far, but then again I´m not very far in the game.

I imagine if it wasn´t delayed. Twice.

Dr Dogg

Im talking about PC gamers who always only talk about the consoles only having ports and remasters.

Is that the only thing I talk about then is it? I didn't put forward a compelling argument for you why I see this as an issue for me and solely me? If you're having fun why on earth do you care what I think? Where did the jealousy or finding an excuse comments come from? You ask why someone would give a shit but if you took all of 10 seconds to read why neither console is attractive to me, which all of my posts have pretty clear and concise content to explain why, you'd have your answer.

Vlad

The new Carpe Fulgur game is now out, 10% launch discount
header.jpg

This Starry Midnight We Make
It looks super weird, but maybe someone is curious enough to try it. And it has a demo!

It seemed like something I'd like, but there was way, way, way, way too much dialogue in-between puzzles. I sat through the first couple of cutscenes in the demo, but quickly got tired of them and wanted to actually play the game. Eventually, I gave up and uninstalled it after even clicking through the dialogue and ignoring all of it still took way too long.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Spares:

ModBot said:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (JaseC, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Dustoff Heli Rescue -- MB-87F69F00FA8F5113 - Taken by FiveElementNinja
Yury -- MB-02702D8D007B8ECB - Taken by anastef
Aces of the Luftwaffe -- MB-0F0E33F606FD5C83 - Taken by titch

MUnited83

For you.
Yeah, the range in the DS3 is amazing. I could be controlling the PS3 from one send of the house to the other .

DS4 range is pretty shit tho

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
Been using wondows 10 for awhile, it's a great OS.

Also just read through some pages of the xcom 2 thread, we would get lynched and banned on the spot if we pc gamers port begged that much for any game.

yuraya

So is this a new thing with steam? gotta wait like an hour for the weeklong deals to go up? Ughh seriously valve needs to take everything down and have a maintenance to fix whatever issues are. Getting annoying. Its like 4 weeks in a row now.

fantomena

Is that the only thing I talk about then is it? I didn't put forward a compelling argument for you why I see this as an issue for me and solely me? If you're having fun why on earth do you care what I think? Where did the jealousy or finding an excuse comments come from? You ask why someone would give a shit but if you took all of 10 seconds to read why neither console is attractive to me, which all of my posts have pretty clear and concise content to explain why, you'd have your answer.

Huh? You might have misunderstood. Im not talking about you.

Turfster

i don't know why but i'm really terrible at alan wake, it just doesn't click with me
Alan Wake is a pretty terrible, horribly repetitive game.

So is this a new thing with steam? gotta wait like an hour for the weeklong deals to go up? Ughh seriously valve needs to take everything down and have a maintenance to fix whatever issues are. Getting annoying. Its like 4 weeks in a row now.

They were updated when I edited it into my daily deal post, but yeah, they appear really slowly on the front page these days.

Dr Dogg

Jase is just trying to stop you lot getting easy +1's.

i don't know why but i'm really terrible at alan wake, it just doesn't click with me

You playing with a controller or kb&m? You can kind of cheat the system with a controller and stun lock most enemies and not have to burn through batteries as much. Then pretty much anything dies to 1 or 2 shots. Also getting the timing down on dodging makes the game remarkably easy even on Nightmare. Well unless it's something else that's not clicking for you :p

Huh? You mgiht have misunderstood. Im not talking about you.

Well who are you talking about then? As essentially me and morningbus were the only two in this thread who were bringing up the current consoles and the amount of ports they have. Unless this is just some musing from yourself you though you'd randomly drop in the Steam thread like you do from time to time.

derExperte

What does 'reserving' mean in this context? I thought everyone is getting the upgrade for free within the first year, why would you have to reserve one?

It means Windows starts downloading 10 as soon as it's available without you having to press another button. 'Reserving' just sounds better, like you're special or something, nothing but marketing blabla.

Hektor

Chariot

I tried to paly Alan Wake, but I didn't get rather than the small house in the beginning of the intro. All the eyes were too spooky for me. But well, at least I didn't spend too much time getting there.

zkylon

zkylewd
i loved almost every bit of alan wake

obviously it's not the most compelling of shooters but the personality of the game, specially after how rockstar-y max payne 3 was, was so much fun for me

Benedict

I'm looking forward playing W3 on max settings 1080p 60fps on W10 with my GTX460 and Core2Duo E7500 @2.93ghz. MS better not dissappoint me...

Dsyndrome

welp

PBF032-Todays_My_Birthday.gif

i'll try and do a giveaway later, Nuuvem doesn't let you buy multiple copies of a game you own, but I'll figure something out.

Happy birthday!

Move out day here, checked out of work and now waiting for the property manager to come pick up the keys in a few hours, then driving to Oregon. Hopefully my parents-in-law's internet is able to download the W3 update when it goes live.

I don't know if I want to play something or watch what's left on my DVR; haven't watched Aquarius yet.

Turfster

Now SteamGAF even turns on poor Alan Wake. And people wonder why I'm turning into a miserable grump.

I've been grumping on Alan Wake since it was released, lamenting the game we could have had.
This is nothing new.
Errybody just wants to be like MikeTurfster, tho.

(Seriously, imagine if we could have had the true day/night open world experience first pitched and shown before it had to be chopped up to fit on a 360 =p)

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
Some weeks ago I dreamt that he beat me to 5k. Maybe it'll come true!

no, it won't ;) contrary to what you people might think - I don't buy absolutely everything ... I only buy games I want to play (eventually ... maybe) .... also - I don't get out of my way to have each regional version of every possible game, lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom